ForumsWEPR[necro] Is homosexuality right or wrong?

1146 386527
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

I think homosexuality is totally wrong and unnatural, what do you think?

• 1,146 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

its not a problem until someone gets hurt. and the one who is to blame is the person who hurts.

Food for thought, who's fault is it if someone is in pain because they ran into a pillar while texting?

you mean now GUYS have to suffer what ALL GIRLS have to suffer?

I find it odd that no one seems to realize that homosexuals would have been looking at the same gender for as long as homosexuality has been around...it's not like in the past 100 years homosexuals suddenly appeared.

i also find it pretty funny when someone says he doesnt care about them as long as they leave him alone but that guy himself wouldnt leave a lesbian he likes alone until she punches him in the face no?

Amazing how often hypocrisy is at the root of so many problems in society.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Well for those of you who love Pride Parades, welcome to Pride Month.

Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Month, 2012

By The President Of The United States Of America

A Proclamation

From generation to generation, ordinary Americans have led a proud and inexorable march toward freedom, fairness, and full equality under the law â'â' not just for some, but for all. Ours is a heritage forged by those who organized, agitated, and advocated for change; who wielded love stronger than hate and hope more powerful than insult or injury; who fought to build for themselves and their families a Nation where no one is a second-class citizen, no one is denied basic rights, and all of us are free to live and love as we see fit.

The lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) community has written a proud chapter in this fundamentally American story. From brave men and women who came out and spoke out, to union and faith leaders who rallied for equality, to activists and advocates who challenged unjust laws and marched on Washington, LGBT Americans and allies have achieved what once seemed inconceivable. This month, we reflect on their enduring legacy, celebrate the movement that has made progress possible, and recommit to securing the fullest blessings of freedom for all Americans.

Since I took office, my Administration has worked to broaden opportunity, advance equality, and level the playing field for LGBT people and communities. We have fought to secure justice for all under the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr., Hate Crimes Prevention Act, and we have taken action to end housing discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity. We expanded hospital visitation rights for LGBT patients and their loved ones, and under the Affordable Care Act, we ensured that insurance companies will no longer be able to deny coverage to someone just because they are lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender. Because we understand that LGBT rights are human rights, we continue to engage with the international community in promoting and protecting the rights of LGBT persons around the world. Because we repealed "Don't Ask, Don't Tell," gay, lesbian, and bisexual Americans can serve their country openly, honestly, and without fear of losing their jobs because of whom they love. And because we must treat others the way we want to be treated, I personally believe in marriage equality for same-sex couples.

More remains to be done to ensure every single American is treated equally, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity. Moving forward, my Administration will continue its work to advance the rights of LGBT Americans. This month, as we reflect on how far we have come and how far we have yet to go, let us recall that the progress we have made is built on the words and deeds of ordinary Americans. Let us pay tribute to those who came before us, and those who continue their work today; and let us rededicate ourselves to a task that is unending â'â' the pursuit of a Nation where all are equal, and all have the full and unfettered opportunity to pursue happiness and live openly and freely.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim June 2012 as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Month. I call upon the people of the United States to eliminate prejudice everywhere it exists, and to celebrate the great diversity of the American people.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this first day of June, in the year of our Lord two thousand twelve, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and thirty-sixth.

BARACK OBAMA

maybe i misunderstood this or maybe i misunderstood something else you once said but... are you sure you are an atheist?

He stated that he was an atheist and that there was divine judgement.
crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

guy himself wouldnt leave a lesbian he likes alone until she punches him in the face no?

"Let's just be friends!" xD

On a more serious note, I will now finish this ****ed discussion.

There is no right or wrong. As I said before, right or wrong is an opinion. As is the rightness or wrongness of any given action/trait/behavioral pattern. While there are some things that the majority of the world agree are wrong (IE ****, murder[<--only in some cases], abduction, taxes, war), nothing is absolutely wrong. Nothing is absolutely right. This applies to God. (in my opinion) God is what you make Him (or to feminists, Her) to be. He is no absolute ONE thing, he has no ONE personality trait, although apparently love and goodwill are generally standard issue. But I digress.

Your belief of whether homosexuality is right or wrong is your own personal prerogative. There is no absolute yes or no. It is a personal belief choice. The end.

Cheers.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Your belief of whether homosexuality is right or wrong is your own personal prerogative. There is no absolute yes or no. It is a personal belief choice. The end.

As I've said before what makes something wrong isn't by virtue alone.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Food for thought, who's fault is it if someone is in pain because they ran into a pillar while texting?

the guys fault since he caused this by being irresponssible and did whatever on the phone while running.

I find it odd that no one seems to realize that homosexuals would have been looking at the same gender for as long as homosexuality has been around...it's not like in the past 100 years homosexuals suddenly appeared.

VERY good point i didnt notice.

On a more serious note, I will now finish this ****ed discussion.

good luck. i bet there is such a comment on every page that was ignored by people who are against homosexuality.

There is no right or wrong. As I said before, right or wrong is an opinion. As is the rightness or wrongness of any given action/trait/behavioral pattern. While there are some things that the majority of the world agree are wrong (IE ****, murder[<--only in some cases], abduction, taxes, war), nothing is absolutely wrong. Nothing is absolutely right. This applies to God. (in my opinion) God is what you make Him (or to feminists, Her) to be. He is no absolute ONE thing, he has no ONE personality trait, although apparently love and goodwill are generally standard issue. But I digress.

thats not the point. the point is to ASK someone what makes something right and what makes something wrong. those who are against homosexuality couldnt (or even tried) to answer this question. AGAIN: not what makes homosexuality wrong, what makes SOMETHING wrong?
crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

AGAIN: not what makes homosexuality wrong, what makes SOMETHING wrong

An opinion. How many times must I say this? There is no universal right or wrong. it's all a bunch of opinions.

good luck. i bet there is such a comment on every page that was ignored by people who are against homosexuality.

Also an opinion. there are just as many frantic homosexuality rights advocates ignoring common sense.
CheapCheep
CheapCheep
240 posts
Nomad

Before I put in my response, just realize, personally, i'm not gay or homosexual.

However, I don't believe being homosexual is bad or is a crime, etc. If someone wants to be homosexual, let them. They should feel proud of it. If they don't, whatever. It shouldn't be bad, or made fun of, and thats what really ticks me off. The amount of homosexual people in the world who are made fun of, I think it's wrong that they would be made fun of.

Again, i'm not gay or homosexual but i'm also not against homosexual people.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

An opinion. How many times must I say this? There is no universal right or wrong. it's all a bunch of opinions.

you missed my point. im talking about asking each of them what in their opinion is wrong. yet they couldnt answer that.

Also an opinion. there are just as many frantic homosexuality rights advocates ignoring common sense.

????? missed point again. what i said is that there is such a logical comment in almost every page yet it is being ignored by those who are against it. when did i ever say that all the people of the other side use logic?
sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

I don't find homosexuality in the slightest bit "bad" or "wrong". Just keep it in your bedrooms, will you? I despise seeing straight couples drooling into each other's mouths, so no, I'm not a hypocrite or whatever.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

From a Christian standpoint, I think it's a widely accepted fact that they think homosexuality is wrong, and I think we all know why: it goes against the Bible.

However, from a more "here and now" standpoint, homosexuals don't seem to be having any negative influence... Other than doing things that straight couples do in public, only with the same gender. If it bothers you, ignore it.

Unfortunately, this is where I have to decide whether I'd follow my religious beliefs or my "logical" beliefs.

I'm a give-and-take christian. I can't always agree with everything on both sides, y'know?

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

From a Christian standpoint, I think it's a widely accepted fact that they think homosexuality is wrong, and I think we all know why: it goes against the Bible.

Well, since the bible says in the same code list that a marriage is between a man and a woman, that children should be stoned for not obeing their parents and women shouldn't wear men apparel (and the other way around too), plus a few other reasons to stone people, saying homosexuality is wrong because it says so in the bible is not contemporary, not consistent and a bit hypocritical (see Gevocks post on page, er, 41 I think?)
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Sorry, t'was page 37..

SkywardStriker05
SkywardStriker05
33 posts
Nomad

Let's break these 2 things down.
I think it's a widely accepted fact that they think homosexuality is wrong.
Don't really think Leviticus 20:13 handled that too rationally. So you're for the stoning of gays?
I think we all know why, it's against the Bible.
Put religion aside and think about your own individual opinion. Think freely for a minute. It's good for you.
Zee_
Zee_
16 posts
Nomad

A lot of people are accepting of homosexuality it seems in here. I agree kind of to the starter i think its strange. I don't like it it's weird and kind of wrong, but if they want to marry go ahead and let them.

Deth666
Deth666
653 posts
Nomad

Um, doesn't the bible support slavery? Why don't you break out the chains? Sorry black people, but Jesus doesn't like your kind. Also, the whole worshiping idols (crucifix, cross, statues of Mary/Jesus/etc.) make (almost) every christian a sinner? There's other junk that has been put in the bible by stupid people and then interpreted by stupid people that makes everyone (Christians) sinners but I haven't read the bible in a few years and that's the two that come to mind.
Showing 481-495 of 1146