Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Bullying

Posted Oct 17, '12 at 4:32pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,734 posts

Well brake tampering was something out of the norm, I don't know from where this Idea from a bond movie perhaps?

Okay then. I just got that impression because you brought it up as "bullying" when I would consider that something you go to the police with...

Light harrasement, do the same to them.

I disagree. That will just cause escalation. Depending on what it is either ignoring it or telling them face to face to quit would be best.

Exclusion from group, they don't want you then why you want them?

A school club that you like but there are people in it who try to keep you out/discredit you to other members for example.

Petty theft, now that's a crime but why bother over something petty?

Just because it's something not of value doesn't mean it's not a hinderance or sentimentally valuable.

For example, taking someone's notebook. Not worth much, but large impact.

Posted Oct 17, '12 at 4:35pm

danielo

danielo

1,748 posts

Its not to far from the Norm. I got a feeling that because of Punisher nationality you belive he mean going to the bully house with a scimitar.

He dont say "death to the bullies". what he say is that showing some muscles may drive the bully off. And by thinking on it, i agree. It worked for me once. you just show that you are not scared. Sometime just a nice push, not a punch to the face or something like that.

ill tell you a story. I have a friend who is still in high school.
once, when he was waititng at the kiosk to but something, someone behind him punch him on the back, twice or 3 times. when he told him to stop, the ars told him "why what are you going to do?". I didnt find a translation, so ill 'picture' it to you. tehy started the Shoulder threating, they faced each other, so he ram the ars face with his Forehead.

The day later this bully came to him and apologise. Yes, the bully apologise to my friend. And we were sure hat we are going to see his corpes on the news :P.

So sometime you do need to show what you've got. I dont know how it is in USA, but here, and its sound racist, you can see if the man is a man of 'honor' {well, there Interpretation for honor}, and who is not, so in the seconde kind you may not want to do so, because they wont forgive and leave it.

Its also a question of how you do it and in what Circumstances. You have to do so when the other is wrong, and not when he is defending. If its come to that that he demande something, then by his logic he is the right and you are the wrong. if he 'start' then he will know that it his fault. Its even better if his friends watch what going on, so they will calm him down. So the school will Suspended you for some days, so what. sometimes its even worth it.

oh, and never try to fight off gangs. when its one person, he understand. when its a group they have to show each other that they are not weak. gangs will end up bad.

So, for summery, know your enemy. chose the right time, dont charge to battle. And do it as last result. as a senior who finished high school i can tell you that im happy i didnt fought back in some occations. Because in the end, its end quicker than you can think of.
And as a recruit, but also for everyone that going to the "real life" afther this episode of school, you will encounter with other peopels in the future. SO just learn to live with it and learn how to react. Dont be close, because they feel it. Dont show weakness, they will feel it. We are like dogs peoples. Dont be the little chiuawa who look frightned. smell back, and if need, do the belly thing, show your not a threat to them. Learn it, and you will be better when interacting with these peoples at the future.

Posted Oct 17, '12 at 4:43pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,734 posts

I got a feeling that because of Punisher nationality you belive he mean going to the bully house with a scimitar.

No, I don't. It IS clear however that he is far more tolerant and accepting of violence than 95% of the people I have ever met. Also...he has stated similar things earlier in this thread about using weapons (broken bottles, metal rulers, improvised brass knuckles) so...

what he say is that showing some muscles may drive the bully off. And by thinking on it, i agree. It worked for me once. you just show that you are not scared. Sometime just a nice push, not a punch to the face or something like that.

I know what he's saying. It's just a matter of scale in what he's saying. I agree with the concept, not the amount. I would -never- advocate using weapons to deal with a bully problem, or do so myself. I'm in agreement that being bullied is partially caused by the victim for appearing vulnerable or accepting it.

So sometime you do need to show what you've got.

The problem here is that we're over sensitive and super P.C. In the scenario you mentioned, your friend would have been suspended from school and the bully reprimanded. In other words, the victim came out worse on top of having been bullied.

sometimes its even worth it.

Sometimes. Not always, and not the majority of the time.

Posted Oct 17, '12 at 5:33pm

thepunisher93

thepunisher93

1,863 posts

Punisher you are the worst possible influence on America and for kids who get bullied, just get out of here, violence is never the awnser no matter what. last or first, violence should never be an option, just get out and don't come back

So tell me 157C how should a person fight bulliying?

Posted Oct 17, '12 at 6:09pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,734 posts

how should a person fight bulliying?

The real problem is that there's no good universal way. Each case is substantially unique. Overall, there's a few good places to start. Have it be recognized that there is bullying of some form taking place. Address the issue and support the victim. Be aware of what caused the bullying and why it persists. Other than that, usually the victim standing up for themselves in a non-meek (but also non-violent) manner will put the issue to rest.

As for a few don'ts...Don't make a public issue of it if it's a personal (usually embarrassing) matter. Don't continue what is causing the bullying if it's able to be helped. Don't take measures which will result in the victim being punished as well (violence/revenge/etc). Don't look to be affected by it, but also don't obviously fake not being affected by it.

Posted Oct 17, '12 at 6:27pm

danielo

danielo

1,748 posts

No. the 'bullies' dont bully him anymore. He is marked not as victim anymore. And that what all bullies victims goal need to be.

So yea, sometime violance is the solution. Tough life. I dont say go injure, but as i said, a nice strong push or a single strike can handle it, only when times is right.

and if you are a good kid, the school wont do anything. If your teachers know you, no one will exple you.

I dont know about USA, but here in Israel the class are made as "mother class", you have your class {We count the grades with letters, so i was A4. then B4, C4 and go on}. So we learn alot of subject with the same peoples. So you dont have 'english class' with one group and math wit another, they are the same students, with some classes in diffrunt levels, like math, you learn with other student at the same level as you are.
SO in this system, the 'motehr teacher' Know you, as she teach you 2 diffrunte class {citizenship and a 'class hour'. yes, even in the last year}. She {or he} know you. so they will "understand" when you fight back. they know your problmes, your personality. So in that case, his mother-teacher supported him, so he didnt got Suspended.
This help alot the problme. Again, im not sure how does it work in USA, but i belive that if peoples will know you, as a nice person, they wont kick you out for standing up for yourself.

Even that, dont get over 'exited' and charge at the bullies with rage.
Another friend of mine always fought with the bullies. Mostly he didnt won. It didnt solve the problme, as he was over Easily offended and too many times didnt got acused when he was the one who started to fight. so the bullies didnt stoped. maybe even the other way.
Only when peoples matured it stoped. This is how it mostly work.
And because he got buffed up for the army in the 11 and 12 grade. Now he is in a fighting Squad, in the paratroopers.

Bullies smell fear. dont show it and youll be fine.
Looking at there diraction - that show that you are affraid from what they may do. It also call for attention from them "hey! come here for a sec!" the worst thing you can hear.

RADAR - you want to be in 2 positions - or under the radar or abouve it. If you are weak, dont 'let them know it'. Dont Interact with them.
If not, be known. if peoples know who you are, they wont just bully you. That worked for me. When they knew me, they didnt threated me even once.

"Let it be" - you don want to go to the situation of "whats you gonna do?!". He passed you in the line of the kiosk/cafiteria? let it be, do like you dont mind. If you cant stand by yout threats, dont try. If you see them getting closer to the line, mostly do like your going to a friend or something, let them pass. this wont attract fire. I know, its sound like surrendering, but its better than be targeted, isnt it?

Dont be wierd - as a wierd by myself, i feel free to say it. Dont listen to your music in a general place. dont talk loud with friends on such subject. Dont be tagged. you prefer to be the background actor then the 'nerd' or the 'freaks'. Once i talked to some random peoples in class {math, with other student not from the mother class}. they mentioned some ****y girl. I asked "i dont recognize the name, with whom she hange out?" so the ysaid "with the nerds" and gave some names. Then i discovered that the 'nerds' werent our groups. I almost laughted. I mean me and my friends sitting in a empty class and talking on Computers, video games, seience and politics and some times even D&D, and we are not the "Nerds"? So we were just peoples. And it wasnt like we were outcast, peoples knew us. But we werent taged. {well, most of us}.

All of this is from my own experience, so I dont promisse that it will work for everyone. read it, think about it, and see if it is logic to your situation. Im not even sure if these tips are teh reasons i stoped bullieng on me. So if you think diffruntely, just say so.

And for last, im Sorry if i sometime repeat on things over and over and some times just go on with stories. when i write i write with emotions. I just follow my fingers. This is why i cant stand the quote quote fights.

Posted Oct 17, '12 at 7:06pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,734 posts

but as i said, a nice strong push or a single strike can handle it, only when times is right.

Yes, it can. But it can also make things worse, and it isn't always the only solution.

and if you are a good kid, the school wont do anything. If your teachers know you, no one will exple you.

That's not really how it works here. Although expulsions aren't usually a result of fighting back.

here in Israel the class are made as "mother class",

This is how it usually is in Elementary school (grades 1-5 usually) and then in middle school (6-8) there's homeroom, which is basically just attendance.

From middle school on, your classmates change greatly from class to class.

Dont be wierd

This is what made some bullies target me all throughout my school career for very brief amounts of time. I would usually just give them a dark look if they did anything other than call me names (which I didn't care about one way or the other, which also made them stop) or just entirely ignore it.

Posted Oct 17, '12 at 7:26pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,119 posts

This is what made some bullies target me all throughout my school career for very brief amounts of time. I would usually just give them a dark look if they did anything other than call me names (which I didn't care about one way or the other, which also made them stop) or just entirely ignore it.

i was used to give to dark look if they were just calling me names.
after 1 year or so they gave up and never had any bullys after anymore. 1 bully even became a friend of my 4 year latter when we came together in the same class again. xD

Posted Oct 17, '12 at 9:22pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,436 posts

and if you are a good kid, the school wont do anything.

It depends how many connections the bully has. If their parents have any influence, the victim gets slammed for fighting back against their 'poor innocent child'.

Although expulsions aren't usually a result of fighting back.

Usually it's some form of suspension. Only expulsion if you take it beyond defense into an aggressive stance, like if you don't get out of there when you get a chance and continue fighting. That's considered assault.

Dont show weakness

show your not a threat to them.

Not a threat = weakness. When they know you can't/won't do anything back, it's easier for them.

Posted Oct 18, '12 at 12:05am

Selrahcthewise

Selrahcthewise

17 posts

I personally do not think it is right. The sooner that we can put a stop to this the better the future students going through school (and also adults in the workplace) will be

Reply to Bullying

You must be logged in to post a reply!