Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

School Uniforms

Posted Apr 19, '12 at 10:24pm

mattduggan13

mattduggan13

192 posts

I hate wearing these. My school enforced them this year and they are terrible. According to the 1st ammendment to the American Bill of Rights, this goes against our freedom of speech and expression. Whaddya think?

Posted Apr 19, '12 at 11:08pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,572 posts

I hate wearing these.

That's nice.

My school enforced them this year and they are terrible.

Terrible that you have to wear them, or that they're designed terribly? Or both?

According to the 1st ammendment to the American Bill of Rights, this goes against our freedom of speech and expression.

*facepalm* No, they don't.

Whaddya think?

I can see both sides to the argument.

School uniforms ensure that the students will not be bullied based on clothing choice/lack of fashion or whatever, as well as eliminate inappropriate clothing choices and will allow students to (presumably) focus more on school than the socialization aspect.

However, it's nice to be able to choose your own look and feel, and to express yourself. If certain types of clothing are more preferable, you can wear them if you wish.

Posted Apr 19, '12 at 11:11pm

EnterOrion

EnterOrion

3,615 posts

You're a minor. You don't have rights.

Sorry.

As for uniforms, I wouldn't wear them even if they attempted to enforce it. I cannot stand them, and will never support them. It is my right as a human being to wear what I so please, and any attempt to change the status quo to such a disdainful and unamerican practice would be a violation of my moral standard.

In non-fancy wording, I'd tell them to go **** themselves. You should do the same.

Posted Apr 19, '12 at 11:12pm

mattduggan13

mattduggan13

192 posts

lol tried that, got me suspended

Posted Apr 19, '12 at 11:17pm

EnterOrion

EnterOrion

3,615 posts

lol tried that, got me suspended

Perfect excuse for an unscheduled break. Get everybody to not wear their uniforms, and I mean everybody. They can't suspend you all, and you will eventually force them to remove the rule. If anyone objects, ostracize them from society as a whole.

Posted Apr 19, '12 at 11:26pm

Darktroop07

Darktroop07

668 posts

Well personally it depends how your school's uniform looks like, and I love my schools uniform we have a white uniform and a black one.
But I wonder how school uniforms work in a public school due to the reason I attend a private school.
Well you can always ask for a day when students have the option to wear normal clothing or the uniform but most of it is due to preference.

Posted Apr 19, '12 at 11:29pm

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

Uniforms suck, I had them at my old school, I like being able to dress casual. Glad I don't have them anymore.

Posted Apr 20, '12 at 12:07am

greenplanet011

greenplanet011

175 posts

I have to wear polos at my school,there terrible.I play soccer and the sweat on the back of the collar feels like a sticky rag.

But on the first day of highschool (when I get there) I'm gonna get everyone to wear all blue or red.It'll be so funny because red and blue is not allowed there.

Posted Apr 20, '12 at 2:45am

MoonFairy

MoonFairy

3,221 posts

I honestly don't mind uniforms. I've been wearing them all my life, I don't see a problem with them. Sure I'd rather go in my jeans and tee, but I don't mind wearing comfy khakis and a button down shirt. My school has relatively nice uniforms. :D

It's not inflicting your first amendment... *headdesk*

But since it's public education, they pretty much get to tell you whatever and you can't do anything about it.

Posted Apr 20, '12 at 3:05am

thepunisher93

thepunisher93

1,859 posts

From 1 to 5 our uniform was khaki pants and white shirt w/ tie
then it changed to black pants and white shirt without tie

Reply to School Uniforms

You must be logged in to post a reply!