Alguzara
519 posts
Nomad

Many of you hate them...
Im an emo girl...Yes =/.
Why you hate them? (If you do)
What do you think of them?
Etc.
I really, sometimes, think about suicide, and im not joking.
But i cant say the reasons on here,though they are obvious.

• 182 Replies
Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

I think emo is just another label. Personally, i used to cut, but I stopped. Take it from me. It's hard to stop! People shouldn't judge us for what we do and who we are. Emo is a music genre, but also a state of mind. If you're emo, don't be afraid of it. It's just who you are! It's perfectly normal to have a sensitive side. I love being who I am, though I get bullied a lot. I don't care. Well, in my opinion, emo is just how people describe over-sensitive people. If you get suicidal thoughts,talk to someone, trust me! Don't make the mistake I did. I am a lot better off without blades.

-Arax 0_X

I'm there for you if you need to chat

BASHA
BASHA
660 posts
Nomad

oh you think about sucide REALLY comeon just think about this someone has it ten times worce and that thought has never even crossed ther mind, so don't be such a pussy

eyetwitch
eyetwitch
737 posts
Shepherd

Its not that i hate the people...as i try not to...its the music incompanying the lifestyle that i hate. Its awful to begin with and secondly most people tend to call hardcore/metal emo which realllllllllly pisses me off. Cuz its not.

As for my thoughts on it, i think that emo's should just see a therapists and get some depression medication...cuz 95% of the time thats all that "emo" spawns from. No offense to you, just my thoughts on it.

BASHA
BASHA
660 posts
Nomad

sorry i over reacted on my last post but my point stands when it gets rough just remember people have it alot worce...feel free to laugh at them

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

oh you think about sucide REALLY comeon just think about this someone has it ten times worce and that thought has never even crossed ther mind, so don't be such a *****

man chill for a second will ya?

1) Who are you even talking about?
2) Almost everyone in their lifetime has thoughts of suicide
3) Do NOT judge her just because society has slapped on a label

Who are you to judge anyways? Don't worry about the twig on others eyes... worry about the stump in your own.
Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

sorry i over reacted on my last post but my point stands when it gets rough just remember people have it alot worce

i appreciate you restating your original post. Shows some maturity.

feel free to laugh at them

^ NO NO NO absolutely not. Being an emo myself, i know from personal experience that when people laugh at me or make fun of me when i am like that, it just drives me over the edge. Great way to make them jump the gun and actually follow through with the thoughts of suicide. Peer pressure is a killer. Frankly, everyone just needs to lay off the emo's.
BASHA
BASHA
660 posts
Nomad

I think it's your turn to chill I was talking about her laughing at the people who have it worce, yes that is messed up but then again I am a messed up person

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

Still, it wouldn't even be right fr her to laugh at others who are in lesser situations. As i said before this can cause the persons mental state to go over the edge.

and yo... i am chill.

BASHA
BASHA
660 posts
Nomad

while then watch a comedy if your having so much trouble, thats what i make my friends do when they think of sucide...it happens more then you might think

P.S.I would suggest Jeff Duhnam spark of insanity or the song "Move Along" by the all american rejects

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

BASHA you do not get it, depression and suicide cannot be fixed by Jeff Dunham and his puppets. It is an inner feeling that gnaws at a persons soul. You cannot just erase it with a witty comedy. All that will do is cover up the feeling for a while. But fact is, the feeling never goes away. Things just pile up over it.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

In my opinion, Emo is just a type of music, and type of dress. I dress like an "emo" or whatever you want to call it. What you are talking about is straight out depression. I know you didn't just start cutting one day. Maybe a serious event in your life?

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

emo has been greatly related to the genre of music and fashion. It originated in the early 80's and was a term for punk rock. It later turned into a short term used for "emotional" teens or adults. Emotion can be anything. At one time or another we all experience strong feelings that accompany positive or negative emotions.

A day without feeling emotions would be impossible to imagine. Each day we feel dozens of emotions; the excitement of going on holidays, the fear of flying, or the grief of losing a family member.

and yes, no one is born an "emo" it is either brought on y a traumatic event in life, or just one who picks it up. With me, it is indeed true that i did suffer an "event." cutting was my way of dealing with it until i got professional help. Others may choose to drink or use drugs. We all have different coping mechanisms.

Ichibon
Ichibon
136 posts
Peasant

Oh my Santa. I can't believe you people are wondering this. I hate to interupt your emo 'why does everyone hate me' moment, but. Did you know that before emo, it was the goth movement. It started in the 80's with bands like the Cure. Then it moved into the 90's with the like's of Type O Negative and NIN. You are not the first incarnation. You are not unique. We are the all knowing dancing $h!t of the world. Gimme a break.

Have you looked at yourselves in the mirror lately. You wear dark clothes, wild hair, and act or look solemn all the time. C'mon.

When I was a kid, I did it to. My hair was down to my mid-chest, I wore black, wrote poetry, was in a goth/death/speed metal band we called Paradox for easter bunnies sake. And, like you, I wondered why people laughed and made fun of me.

In shortdeal with it. Santa knows you have the drugs.

Alguzara
Alguzara
519 posts
Nomad

Well thanks you all guys.
Specially Arax-Nisanu.
And i hate drugs.
Deal with it? I did the last 5 years of my life...
Im 'seeking help online' and seems like i find it.
Thanks...

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

Don't be a tard about it. I greatly know where it originated from. Goth and emo are miles and miles apart. In no way am i a goth or even remotely related to one. As far as being unique; the uprising of "emo" is not to be the 20th century fling. And no, we are not the all knowing dancing $hit. You have no right to say that.

And yo... being an emo has nothing to do with the color black or having absurd wild hair. In fact, i have blond hair, i wear all colors, and most times i hide my feelings with a BS mask of happiness.

And your just straight up rude. Stop labeling "emos" as having drugs. In fact, i have never done drugs in my life! If your going to label or judge please stay out of the conversation.

Showing 1-15 of 182