ForumsWEPRIs Obama a good president?

242 62449
AgileCaribou
AgileCaribou
10 posts
Nomad

What has he done to help/hurt this country? I want to start getting into politics and I think it would be best to first understand what our current president has done to our country so I can learn from the next one. Please help me with as much information as you can.

• 242 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

I don't much like either candidate, but I'd vote for Obama in a second over Romney.

Even if Obama -is- a Muslim (which he's not) how does that change anything he has done? People who agreed with his actions before still will agree unless they are intolerant and ignorant, and people who disagreed with him before won't change their opinion.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent
Krill11
Krill11
98 posts
Peasant

Ok, Mage, those promises all seem to basically what he promised in the healthcare bill, as far as I can tell. While this is good (I truely hope, no I mean truly hope that this will not backfire on our nation) What is the percent of promises made, to promises kept? Obama made a lot of promises, much more than 188 or so. And much of what is on the sight is true, but those promises can be summed up into three or four speeches. What is the percentage of promises made to promises kept?

Mage, thank you very much for using a reliable source, by the way!

Ok, next item I want to address, someone said that Obama spends very little money in office. please look at the link that shows what promises Obama kept, almost every one of them involve a lot of spending. How much would that cost? Plus all the other stuff that Obama has been doing. How much will the new Obama-care cost for example?

And finally the third item I would like to address.

911 itself was a threat against our country. Innocent people died because of An overseas organized group of terror-ist's,

(I say Organized group for I do not think that broad generalizations of religions are right, at [/i]least most of the time)

What was the country to do?(notice I did not use President Bush) Sending out diplomats to try and reason with people that hate our guts, and are willing to die, just so they can kill Americans would be serving diplomatic sheep to a maniacal butcher...

Ignorance would make it worse, we would be attacked a ton, on our own soil, and not just from one country. Others who could see that America would not retaliate, but instead cower in fear. They would have sent explosive packages to make sure that we would not interfere with whatever plans they had in mind...

If we just armed our own soil, they would have laughed and send more men in to gorilla in and destroy whatever they could. we would catch a few, perhaps we would have caught most, but what about the ones that we wouldn't be able to detect? They wouldn't care about their own casualties, and would have loved to kill as many Americans as they possibly could.

It is also our duty of our country to help those country's in which by themselves they couldn't protect their people. And the terrorists were also terrorizing Iran as well as Iraq and Afghanistan.

No war isn't a good thing, but comparatively? The Alternatives are Wrong. Many more innocents would die unneeded deaths. No one in this country would be unaffected by it.
[i]Wether through the death's of the [i]dearest
[/i], or through the affects of unpleasant security measures.

I Salute those who gave their lives for this country in which I am blessed to live in, Not only from wars present, but to those past as well. For Those who gave their lives to protect me, to protect us, to protect our country. I wish to Especially salute those who died in the battle of Pearl Harbor, World War I, World War II, Battle of 1812, and the American Revolution.

To those men who possess more bravery and patriotism than that I could never posses.

No, war is not a good thing, but a war to save those who wish to see a better life for not themselves, but those who surround them, both the unborn and the living is not a just a cause, but a needed cause...

I am tired, but I wish those who read this to see sence. I do not claim to be sensible, YOU must be the judge of what is right and what is wrong. if you disagree, by all means, who can stop you?

But if you agree, do not agree necessarily to every little thing I say. I am human er, I mean crustacean after all...

~krill11

Krill11
Krill11
98 posts
Peasant

Ok, if this ends up as a double posting, I am truly sorry.

Ok, Mage, those promises all seem to basically what he promised in the healthcare bill, as far as I can tell. While this is good (I truely hope, no I mean truly hope that this will not backfire on our nation) What is the percent of promises made, to promises kept? Obama made a lot of promises, much more than 188 or so. And much of what is on the sight is true, but those promises can be summed up into three or four speeches. What is the percentage of promises made to promises kept?

Mage, thank you very much for using a reliable source, by the way!

Ok, next item I want to address, someone said that Obama spends very little money in office. please look at the link that shows what promises Obama kept, almost every one of them involve a lot of spending. How much would that cost? Plus all the other stuff that Obama has been doing. How much will the new Obama-care cost for example?

And finally the third item I would like to address.

911 itself was a threat against our country. Innocent people died because of An overseas organized group of terror-ist's,

(I say Organized group for I do not think that broad generalizations of religions are right,[/i] at least most of the time)

What was the country to do?(notice I did not use President Bush) Sending out diplomats to try and reason with people that hate our guts, and are willing to die, just so they can kill Americans would be serving diplomatic sheep to a maniacal butcher...

Ignorance would make it worse, we would be attacked a ton, on our own soil, and not just from one country. Others who could see that America would not retaliate, but instead cower in fear. They would have sent explosive packages to make sure that we would not interfere with whatever plans they had in mind...

If we just armed our own soil, they would have laughed and send more men in to gorilla in and destroy whatever they could. we would catch a few, perhaps we would have caught most, but what about the ones that we wouldn't be able to detect? They wouldn't care about their own casualties, and would have loved to kill as many Americans as they possibly could.

It is also our duty of our country to help those country's in which by themselves they couldn't protect their people. And the terrorists were also terrorizing Iran as well as Iraq and Afghanistan.

No war isn't a good thing, but comparatively? The Alternatives are Wrong. Many more innocents would die unneeded deaths. No one in this country would be unaffected by it.
[i]Wether through the death's of the dearest, or through the affects of unpleasant security measures.

I Salute those who gave their lives for this country in which I am blessed to live in, Not only from wars present, but to those past as well. For Those who gave their lives to protect me, to protect us, to protect our country. I wish to Especially salute those who died in the battle of Pearl Harbor, World War I, World War II, Battle of 1812, and the American Revolution.

To those men who possess more bravery and patriotism than that I could never posses.

No, war is not a good thing, but a war to save those who wish to see a better life for not themselves, but those who surround them, both the unborn and the living is not a just a cause, but a needed cause...

I am tired, but I wish those who read this to see sence. I do not claim to be sensible, YOU must be the judge of what is right and what is wrong. if you disagree, by all means, who can stop you?

But if you agree, do not agree necessarily to every little thing I say. I am human, er, I mean crustacean after all...

~krill11

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Is it so, or is that just your impression? C'mon, he's a christian so give up on that 'muslim invasion' conspiracy bull****.

He obviously isn't big on religion as he supports gays. So give up on that Christian bull ***.

As I have stated before, I don't think he is a good president. Heck, their hasn't been a good president on forever. It's like their are two trains. Both are going to the edge of a cliff but Obamas is going slightly faster. Obama is particularly bad. Him and his supporters make 0 sense to me. So this is what one of them said about taxing the rich more. I sumarized
"So if a buisness is sucsessful, then it uses the roads and such more. Thus they should pay more taxes"
The return
"but how does this make more jobs? If two businesses start and one of them works hard and the other doesn't and the one who works hard gets sucsessful you want to tax him because he uses roads more? How does this incorage people to start jobs?"
That stuff makes no sense.
Add in the oil problems, fast and furious and healthcare and you have a crashing plane.
Oh and all his other brilliant moves
"a three letter word, jobs."
And I'm in hawaii, part of Asia"
"the 56 states of America."
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

"So if a buisness is sucsessful, then it uses the roads and such more. Thus they should pay more taxes"
The return
"but how does this make more jobs?

The money made with those taxes will be used to help the patriotic employers who create jobs in the US and not in China or India.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

He obviously isn't big on religion as he supports gays. So give up on that Christian bull ***.

Not big on religions, but fears a global invasion of muslims and accuses Obama to be one?

If done reasonably, taxes for the rich are just a small contribution to the economy, small enough to not impair their wealth. The only reason some don't want that is because they love their money, each piece of it. Rich people are far more likely to use any mechanism available to pay less taxes than they should. This isn't fair for the poor people either, so you gotta balance this out somehow. Finally, if such taxes can help the economy, it will help everyone in the long run.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

If done reasonably, taxes for the rich are just a small contribution to the economy, small enough to not impair their wealth. The only reason some don't want that is because they love their money, each piece of it. Rich people are far more likely to use any mechanism available to pay less taxes than they should. This isn't fair for the poor people either, so you gotta balance this out somehow. Finally, if such taxes can help the economy, it will help everyone in the long run.

We holes these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equally.
Then you have the smart/lazy poor who are given our money for doing nothing and who won't get a job because they will get taxed. Once again, he promotes the poor to stay poor. He gives them no reason to get a job and help the economy.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

We Holed these truths
Sorry, auto correct sucks

Krill11
Krill11
98 posts
Peasant

Wow, no one has attacked my last post, interesting. Even my accidental-ish double posting hasn't been ridiculed! XD
I bet Mage and/or Nicko haven't logged on in a while. Anyway,

My thoughts, if we do not already, we should tax by percentage of people's income, and then lower that depending on cercomstance's like say if someone has a kid, lower the percentage a certain amount, so that they can still take care of their kids, more kid's, a reduction in taxes (kids are just an example, if wounded in combat might be another, maybe even just serving the military...). That would be fair, would it not? the poor and the rich, and the middle-class would usually pay the same amount, percentage-wise.

Another thing, why cant the government make a product that people can buy? The proceeds would mostly go to the government, and there would be more jobs created. It would have to comply with laws already in place, like the monopoly law, but people could buy it to help support our government, and/or (hopefully and) because it is a good product...

Why isn't this out there?

~krill11
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

That would be fair, would it not? the poor and the rich, and the middle-class would usually pay the same amount, percentage-wise.

its called progressive tax
Another thing, why cant the government make a product that people can buy? The proceeds would mostly go to the government, and there would be more jobs created. It would have to comply with laws already in place, like the monopoly law, but people could buy it to help support our government, and/or (hopefully and) because it is a good product...

elaborate with examples.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

That's actually a great idea. They did it during WW2 with those War bonds, why not do it as a way to help people.
But the government still needs to tax the riches the same as everyone else.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

We holes these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equally.
Then you have the smart/lazy poor who are given our money for doing nothing and who won't get a job because they will get taxed. Once again, he promotes the poor to stay poor. He gives them no reason to get a job and help the economy.

Yeah, because all poor really like to be poor -.-

Since the tax on the rich would, obviously, only apply on the rich, there is no reason for the poor to not take a job, as it wouldn't fall under the new tax yet. You can work your way up through middle-class just like before, and the moment you have so much money that you fall under the rich tax, well, you'll have enough money.

The way you say it, I get the feeling that the tax would have to be so big that you'd actually not earn more money by working harder. But that sounds stupid, you will still earn more money by working harder; you'd have to tax a small percentage of that money, but the rest should still be plenty enough to justify the hard work.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

My thoughts, if we do not already, we should tax by percentage of people's income

My problem with is the fact that I don't want my hard earned money taken away from me because obama feels bad for the poor druggies.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Follower of Islam =/= evil

that may be true, but it is in the koran to kill all infidels. no offense to Muslims.

source

They did it during WW2 with those War bonds

don't forget, Roosevelt also put those who didn't have jobs to work doing stuff like road repair.

to answer the original poster. My dad thinks Obama is evil, ex. calls him hitler. As for me, I do not approve of whatever bill it was that said every company has to pay for birth control for its employees, even if it is against there religion, excluding Amish. Also, as for jobs moving to china, I am pretty sure minimum wage there is rising, so it will soon be cheaper to make cars here. The economy may be getting better, but we are still 15 trillion in debt, and rising quickly. debt source.
Showing 181-195 of 242