ForumsArt, Music, and Writing"Legendaria Imaginaria" Nominations Thread

29 14805
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Hellow Fellow Amwians,

This is your friendly neighborhood lexophilic lapin with a forum-changing announcement. Yes! Gantic, once again, is being unnecessarily proactive and knocking things off-kilter, all pell mell and helter skelter. Go hide in your fallout shelter!

Here I introduce the Legendaria Immaginaria or the Legendarium of the Imaginarium. It will be a thread, an archive (kingryan probably heard that), of Amwian threads of some legendariness, be they story threads or art threads. This is a call to you, fellow Amwians, to nominate threads for absolute and eternal legendariness. So what threads will be accepted?

Here are a few criteria:
- Must not be active
- Must not be exclusive
- Must not be your own
- Must be memorable

With that in mind, the "Art Skills Competition" is automatically entered and so is the original "Draw that Pokemon" with bum rash Pikachu and "MS paint mudkip drawing contest".

The Legendaria Imaginaria will be created later. Please link to the thread(s) you are nominating.

• 29 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

So WoM cannot make it because it is still active?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

What do you mean 'Exclusive'?

By exclusive, I mean threads that were for a limited group of users and not for everyone. That means no threads that are esoteric or only full of in-jokes. The Legendaria Imaginaria should be enjoyable for everyone and not just a few for nostalgia value.

So WoM cannot make it because it is still active?

Yes, the WoM is still active so it cannot be chosen. It will be eligible once it concludes.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

It will be eligible once it concludes.

AHAHAHAHAA!... It will never happen...

I will just mention the MWT (no link, because.) because it should be mentioned in any thread on this topic. After all, had it not been there, there would be no WoM.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

AHAHAHAHAA!... It will never happen...

But it moves at ludicrous speed. That's faster than light!
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

The Neverending Story mu' (bleep)er.

If I need to say why, I will stab myself in the nuts.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

You're going to have to explain how that thread wasn't exclusive.

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

Because anybody could join at any time.

That's the antithesis of exclusive, isn't it?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The intent may have been to be open but the prevailing attitude less so.

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

The intent may have been to be open but the prevailing attitude less so.

It still wasn't exclusive.
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

I will just mention the MWT (no link, because.) because it should be mentioned in any thread on this topic. After all, had it not been there, there would be no WoM.

Since the MWT is technically Cenere's own thread, I'll go by the book and nominate it in his place. And because I want to one-up on him, here is the link :P
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The amount of memorable in this forum is concentrated to a few threads. I didn't realize how small this forum was.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Aren't at least one of your threads inactive Gantic? ROATNO? Lore?

I also quite liked the Mr Squiggle one, "I want to analyse your mental poop".

Frank's AG adventures, while incomplete, was also memorable.

Xzeno's beginnings of a story of which I have strangely forgotten the title was making some impact but was also relatively shortlived.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

ROATNO is inactive. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with Lore.

Xzeno's was Three and a Half Elves. Not sure if there might be another.

It's probably be easier to create an anthology of every sizable story/writing thread regardless of completeness. Just realized I'm missing an 's' in the OP, not that it's crucial when translating Dog Latin.

The Rap Arena

The Rap Arena

There's a second one, but that one's not as robust.
The Rap Arena 2

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Alright, I think I figured out how I'm going to do this. The Legendaria Imaginaria will be in three parts in no particular order not including the introduction. Draft of the introduction is posted below. The following will be included:

List of Memorable Threads
List of Story/Writing Threads
The People and Personalities

List of Memorable Threads will be a list of memorable threads broken down by arbitrary categories so it isn't just a list of links. (Armatar contests will be grouped together, other contests will be grouped together, etc.) This will be included in the master thread.

List of Story/Writing/Art Threads will include those that are more than a few pages. Stories will be included regardless of completeness. This will end up looking like a wall of links. Haven't decided if it will be included in the master or if it will be a separate thread. It'll be some sort of an alphabetical-by-title index by year and type of thread indicating creator, genre, completeness, and whatever else.

People and Personalities will be done in a way like the Community Tile Project as well as a self-written blurb. The Tile Project will be part of the master thread while the self-written blurb will be a separate thread. Unfortunately this will only include users who are still active and any future users.

And of course the Introduction:

Playfully refered to as the "Imaginarium", Art, Music, and Writing is not simply the heart of the people and personalities that make it a second home. It is also the resonant pulse of characters and stories and contests and silliness. The Legendaria Imaginaria attempts to capture the essence of what makes the AMW the AMW and not just another place to share clever creations. It is a legendarium of legendariums that makes the Imaginarium the Imaginarium. Within it are the people and personalities, characters and stories, and contests and silliness that call this place home.

If you wish to nominate a thread for inclusion to the Legendaria Imaginaria, the nomination thread is open.

The Legendaria Imaginaria continues below.
Showing 1-15 of 29