ForumsWEPRShooting at a batman movie in Colorado

118 32568
kyhree1359
kyhree1359
5 posts
Nomad

so i heard that a guy dressed up as baine and killed a bunch of people.
I dident even know there was a batman movie out.

• 118 Replies
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Where is this Clorodo? never heard of it? European maybe?

well either way it was pretty bad, although it seems a little isolated, I was surprised when other countries started to up security.

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Terrible - just terrible! I am so deeply saddened by this. Anyway, my heart goes out to the victims relatives, and my hate goes out to the despicable life form that did this.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

it was in Aurora, Colorado, there was 71 casualties, 12 of whom died. I wonder, why did he do this, what reason did he have to start firing an ar-15 at people in the theater.

VirtualLife
VirtualLife
276 posts
Nomad

This is awful...just terrible to think that all those people were injured and lost their lives because of some lunatic. They are saying that they thought he might have been schizophrenic or have some other medical condition like that. Apparently his mom wasn't surprised that it was her son and said they got the right person. Thoughts and prayers go out to the victims' relatives and I hope that they all make it through this.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Another victory for the NRA (National Retards Association).
This terrorist organization wants people with below average IQ to own guns so they can murder people when they are pissed off.
It's not 1800 anymore, it's 2012, people should be more civilized you would think. You can't even go watch a movie in peace without being massacred anymore. >

VirtualLife
VirtualLife
276 posts
Nomad

This terrorist organization wants people with below average IQ to own guns so they can murder people when they are pissed off.
It's not 1800 anymore, it's 2012, people should be more civilized you would think. You can't even go watch a movie in peace without being massacred anymore. >

Wow that's respectful and mature. Rather than just saying this was a tragedy and making a new topic about gun control, you decide to bring it into a post about the victims. We, as a nation, should be mourning their loss in the hours while the shooting is still fresh rather than getting into arguments about gun control. Can you please show a little respect for the victims. I know this is only an online forum, but it is still awful what happened and we still should treat this like a serious matter because it is.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Can you please show a little respect for the victims. I know this is only an online forum, but it is still awful what happened and we still should treat this like a serious matter because it is.

Why do you think it's so easy for freaks to get weapons and massacre
innocent people? Blame the NRA and the criminals who support it.
How do you think I feel about the victims? I feel sad and angry that people have to suffer for no reasons! I'm sick to my stomach right now so don't YOU dare tell me what to say about it!!!
BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

Wow that's respectful and mature. Rather than just saying this was a tragedy and making a new topic about gun control, you decide to bring it into a post about the victims. We, as a nation, should be mourning their loss in the hours while the shooting is still fresh rather than getting into arguments about gun control. Can you please show a little respect for the victims. I know this is only an online forum, but it is still awful what happened and we still should treat this like a serious matter because it is.

So gun control has nothing to do with people getting shot?!
Makes perfect sense.

This is pretty strange, but that said gun control isn't very strict in the states. I mean a Schizophrenic got a gun? SSTG is making perfect sense here. In using something as an example of a consequence from one thing is mature. What you're saying is like saying Hiroshima wasn't a good reason to ban nuclear warheads! It is being respectful in hoping that it can be prevented from happening again. Death isn't exactly a great thing.

This a terrible example of bad gun control and all I can do is hope you guys down south get it together and not to let this happen again!
invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

This a terrible example of bad gun control and all I can do is hope you guys down south get it together and not to let this happen again!

Not all gun owners live in the south, and not all southerners own a gun. Stop being so "stereotypical".

Can you please show a little respect for the victims. I know this is only an online forum, but it is still awful what happened and we still should treat this like a serious matter because it is.

I don't see how he is not showing respect for the victims. Isn't he talking against those people who shot those people?
devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

I didn't see it on here, so I'll let you know. The guy claimed that he was Joker, with the face make up and all. There are multiple stories on CNN. Can't provide links as I am too lazy. His apartment is booby trapped and police are saying it will take days to disarm the chemical and explosive bombs wired in his room. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say he may be mentally unbalanced. I could be wrong though.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

heres what i know about this:
-the shooting took place at the world premire of batman the dark knight rises
-the shooter was obsesed about the joker and dressed up as him
-the man entered the theater in the begining of the movie and threw a tank of tear gas into the audience of the 1 theater
-after that, he started shooting like a madman useing an assult rifle, shotgun, and handgun
-at LEAST 71 people were wounded (gunshots, bullet casing burns, tear gas, ect)
-at LEAST 12 people were killed by gunshots
-the man is being acused of being a phsyopath and is right now in jail with third degre murder charges
-his apparment is boobietraped with countless tripwires leading to random chemicals and traps
-they actually had to send a robot into his appartment holding a pole and camera so that they wouldn't die while evacing the site
-5 appartment buildings around his had to be evac'ed for decontamination (or something like that)

thats what i know

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

@spikeabc

It wasn't the world premire, but a midnight showing on opening day in the USA.

All your other info is correct as far as I know.

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

Not all gun owners live in the south, and not all southerners own a gun. Stop being so "stereotypical".

I'm from Canada, I was referring to America, which is south of Canada.

His apartment is booby trapped and police are saying it will take days to disarm the chemical and explosive bombs wired in his room. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say he may be mentally unbalanced.

I can't believe how he got hold of a weapon.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Moving to England resolves all gun-related problems.

/end.

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

I can't believe how he got hold of a weapon

Ikr? Do we really need metal detectors in every public area in order to control people's use of guns? That seems to be the only way to do this.

Update on room: Police have not made progress on the room and it's traps. Rumors that there is a bomb inside that could blow the whole building sky high, along with the surrounding area. Not officially confirmed.
Showing 1-15 of 118