ForumsWEPRShooting at a batman movie in Colorado

118 32423
kyhree1359
kyhree1359
5 posts
Nomad

so i heard that a guy dressed up as baine and killed a bunch of people.
I dident even know there was a batman movie out.

• 118 Replies
devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

Outlawed in England

Different mindset in America. Isn't that what makes us special? >.<

You're not supposed to pull it out without the best reason possible.

There is the problem. The best reason ends up being the person shooting someone. The police should not be concerned about being under public scrutiny every time they fire a gun.

No difference; no guns whatsoever

Which state may I ask? Didn't feel like sifting through all the laws for individual states. I feel I must point out that it's been proven most guns used in non-domestic crimes and murders are illegally bought. And it's not as hard as you think it is to buy guns from a street dealer. Depends on where you live, and I don't mean the state specifically.
iSamoan
iSamoan
24 posts
Nomad

Being there is much different from hearing about it.
A few hours ago I just left Medical Center of Aurora, I didn't suffer any injuries, I was just there to see if my friend was going to make it, turned out he did not make it. I was at the hospital for the last five hours.
The amount of people there was tremendous, people sitting, standing, walking and pacing. Some people were crying, holding loved ones and other praying.
I was one of the ones crying, and holding my loved ones. I knew in my heart I had just lost one of my closest friends, and knowing that, I just collapsed.
The question everyone was asking was, Why?
I am furious at the thought that this could even happen, in Aurora too! This is probably one of the most horrific events that had ever happened in Colorado history, other than the Columbine shooting.
So I say this,
Never Forget
Remember Colorado 7/20/12

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I am furious at the thought that this could even happen, in Aurora too! This is probably one of the most horrific events that had ever happened in Colorado history, other than the Columbine shooting.
So I say this,
Never Forget
Remember Colorado 7/20/12

I'm so sorry you had to go through this nightmare.
This unthinkable violence shouldn't happen in a civilized world.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

I do hope he gets the death penalty. I know many of you will disagree with my point of view, but I believe in tit-for-tat. If he killed just one person I'd see him executed, let alone 12 and 59 injuries.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

well another shooting. and people are wondering again. why did this happen, how did this happen. obama says that he tightens the security to protect everyone and that it doesn't happen again.

well mister obama 1st make guns illegal.
as long guns are legal you can't secure the protection and you can't say it wont happen again.

but no1 dares to slice that pie. if they do some lobbiest come and go and nothing will change.
(ow yea very good system youve got there. hahahaha)

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Tragic event indeed...

Heard they made an immense hype around the movie release, I'm asking myself if this could have influenced a little. Organisators should really know by now that there are freaky fans or psychos for every popular thing, be it a star or a movie; I have to ask, were the security dispositives before-hand appropriate or neglected?

invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

well mister obama 1st make guns illegal.
as long guns are legal you can't secure the protection and you can't say it wont happen again.

Have you seen t his? Guns shouldn't be completely illegal. Instead they should have a one firearm per person limit. No idea how he got hold of 4 guns.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Have you seen t his? Guns shouldn't be completely illegal. Instead they should have a one firearm per person limit. No idea how he got hold of 4 guns.

let there be guns everywhere!!!
invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

[quote=partydevil]let there be guns everywhere!!![/quote]
Am I supposed to watch that video?

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Am I supposed to watch that video?

i guess you didn't see my and the video's sarcasm.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Your anti guns crap is wrong guys. They were legal guns. Nothing illegal. The only illegal thing he did was he got a speeding ticket once.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

Another victory for the NRA (National Retards Association).
This terrorist organization wants people with below average IQ to own guns so they can murder people when they are pissed off.

I'm sorry, but clearly you would take guns away from thousands of good people for every one person who abuses them. That's asinine if you ask me.

The man was a sociopath. As simple as that.

Most gun owners are not violent criminals. What happened in the theater is sad, and my heart goes out to those who died. But we have to understand that even though there was this one tragedy, there are hundreds of millions of non-tragedies that happened. If you have 100 gun owners and one of them decides to shoot innocent people, we start coming up with ways to take away the rights of the other 99 gun owners who did nothing wrong.

These kinds of shootings are VERY, VERY, rare. Yes, we here about them often, but that's because we have instant communication and we live on a planet where the human population is MASSIVE. If you live on an island with a population of 1,000, and every day you hear of a violent crime within that community, then crime rates are high. When you live in a nation where there are nearly 300 million people, and you hear of a handful of violent crimes, it's a whole different story. Violent crimes are still a problem, but they aren't nearly as big of a problem as people will make them out to be.

This shooting that happened, this doesn't happen. ****, abusive parenting, gang violence, and bar fights, these crimes happen daily and are ignored. Just keep a level head and understand that this news, however sad, is something we should take with a bucket of salt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwcuj7BrzYg&list=UUTERzzbGZopw5SXJJr0tPyQ&index=1&feature=plcp

I highly recommend everyone watches the above video.

Crime is high, but with reducing gun privileges, we won't have anywhere near the current amount of gun-related crime we have today. England is anti-gun and they have almost 0 gun-related crime and their overall crime is minuscule compared the the USA's rate.

We could ban cars. BAM, almost 0 deaths caused by car accidents.

You're going to see more gun crimes in places where guns are legal. However, you're ignoring the number of gun owners in America who aren't criminals.

We have grocery stores. No need for hunting.

Doesn't matter, people should still be allowed to hunt.

Free will.

When you look at gun crimes, you have to look at why the gun crimes were committed. If someone uses a gun to protect a gang's turd so they can sell drugs, then the issue isn't guns, it's the drug war. When you have someone who shoots a rapist, the problem isn't the fact that the man had a gun, it's merely a response to a rapist and his actions. This man was a sociopath. This is a rare instance.
VirtualLife
VirtualLife
276 posts
Nomad

Instead they should have a one firearm per person limit. No idea how he got hold of 4 guns.

Honestly a gun per household isn't really that much. I say there are no limits on the guns available. Sure this guy was a nut, and sure he got them legally, but as I've already stated, people would be shocked if they found out how many crimes are committed by guns that are illegal. At least if the guns are legal and registered then they can trace them back to the original owner.

For every incident of a massacre such as this one, there are more stories where people with guns protected themselves or others because they had guns. I am curious if this would have happened if someone in the theater had a concealed weapon. Most of the time the people who want to have and carry guns usually do, even if it is illegal.

You're going to see more gun crimes in places where guns are legal. However, you're ignoring the number of gun owners in America who aren't criminals.

Even where guns aren't legal, there are still major problems with it. California is a great example of this. Here in California, most guns are illegal. Assault rifles and such guns still have to be modified so that they can't shoot how they are intended to. Concealed weapon permits are at a minimum. You have to take a handwritten test to buy a gun. Here are some pointers I found online about deaths related to guns in California.

In 2007, a total of 989 residents of Los Angeles County lost their lives to guns - an amount equivalent to 8 Boeing 737âs crashing with no survivors. California Department of Public Health, EPIC Branch, 2009

ÂOn average in 2007, more than two people died each day and over 80 people per month due to guns, including homicides, suicides, and accidental shootings. Deaths due to firearms in Los Angeles County
make up 30.6% (989 of 3231) of Californiaâs total deaths due to firearms. California Department of Public Health, EPIC Branch, 2009

Approximately 5% of students in Los Angeles reported carrying a gun on at least 1 day in the last 30 days. Over 8% of male students reported that they carried a gun on at least 1 day in the last 30
days. CDC, 2007

In 2005, California had largest number of firearm deaths among children and teens (474) in the U.S.

72.9% of homicides in 2007 (1,684 out of 2,310) were committed with a firearm in California. California Department of Public Health, EPIC Branch, 2009

California is one of the largest states and it has the highest population, so expect these numbers to be a little inflated. With that being said, as stated before, California also has some of the strictest gun control policies. A vast majority of these aren't registered. There is no way that you are going to be able to ban guns and have everyone follow the law legally.

Once you ban the law and have the citizens who were actually following the law properly have their weapons taken away, the only people who will have anything left are the pieces of garbage who commit heinous acts. The ones who will be left are the same ones who are breaking into your house at night, holding up the local convenience store, or deciding that they want to **** and murder people. Then everyone will be left defenseless. I for one don't want that to happen.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Well their actually would be less crime if everyone owned guns. Think, what idiot would steel things if guns were legal for everyone? That would basically be suicide. I think I heard in history class that an old contry once had legal guns and the crime was incredibly low. The only problem is the 1%
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

there are more stories where people with guns protected themselves or others because they had guns.

Recently on the news, there was a coffee shop or diner that was being held up by a small group of armed thieves. When they turned their backs, an elderly patron happened to be legally open carrying a pistol and fired, scaring the crap out of them. They ran away. Crisis averted.
Showing 31-45 of 118