ForumsGame WalkthroughsNeed help on GemCraft?

358 211344
Mac_MK
Mac_MK
752 posts
Nomad

Can anyone give me help how to get threw the 10th war its yellow and its hard any tips and idea please

• 358 Replies
Sinner_From_Below
Sinner_From_Below
10 posts
Nomad

Guys, im wondering what the Dual Gem mastery skill does exactly. I know it obviousely makes Dual Gems stronger but what does it do exactly?

Sinner_From_Below
Sinner_From_Below
10 posts
Nomad

and H_Bear, have u beaten the first epic battle?

SAL37
SAL37
447 posts
Peasant

SFB , dual mastery makes your dual gems witch prevents more loss of specials.
For Explames: (Note im making this up)
A ruby gem (%8 fire speed)
+
A emereld gem (%6 poison dmg.)
=
Dual ruby-emereld gem (%4 fire speed %2 poison dmg.)
If you use like 2 skill on Dual mastery
It may be like this:
Dual ruby-emereld gem (%7 fire speed %4 poison dmg.)
Prevents loss effects
----------------------
I beaten the forth epic guy!!!!
I'm stuck there like a month(well not really i haven't played for a long time...)

lkajsdhkjash
lkajsdhkjash
1 posts
Nomad

How do I kill the Guardian?
My lvl is 75
I've completed all levels with glowing frame score, including secret levels.

In last battle I have about 10 lvl7 gems and still can't kill him please help with some strategy.

Sinner_From_Below
Sinner_From_Below
10 posts
Nomad

thx alot SAL, but do any of u guys know how to get those armatars that u need AP for? what is AP and how do u get it?

Pieman831
Pieman831
20 posts
Nomad

AP is armor points and you get them from posting in forums, rating games, commenting games, and other stuff

opal219
opal219
1 posts
Nomad

ok.. so what I've gleaned is that the forgotton (chapter one) is the end so far? Chapter two doesn't exist yet?
I got all the glow rings and beat that last epic bug .. now I find out there's no where to go from here yet????
grumble

Galadhgur
Galadhgur
3 posts
Nomad

[quote]SFB , dual mastery makes your dual gems witch prevents more loss of specials.
For Explames: (Note im making this up)
A ruby gem (%8 fire speed)
+
A emereld gem (%6 poison dmg.)
=
Dual ruby-emereld gem (%4 fire speed %2 poison dmg.)
If you use like 2 skill on Dual mastery
It may be like this:
Dual ruby-emereld gem (%7 fire speed %4 poison dmg.)
Prevents loss effects
/[quote]

SAL37, I think you are wrong about this.
Even with max "dual gem mastery" the specials of the gems are reduced to 70%. For example a dual lime gem has its cap for chain hit at 28%, while a pures cap is at 40% and no skill can change this.
What "dual gem mastery" does is,it increases the min and max dmg as well as the fire range and rate that is added (only for pure and dual) which become better than the normal boni for pure gems (at ma skill).

Galadhgur
Galadhgur
3 posts
Nomad

lkajsdhkjash and eemjayy I dont know what Guardian you mean, but if you mean the corrupt wizard (the 5th epic and final battle) this might help ;-)
This is how I managed to kill him few mins ago, there might be other/better ways but at least this one worked for me(lvl 72(?)Wizard - now 74; max skill at the first 4 skills (mana and armor), gem creating and combining, cheaper buildings, pure gem mastery and high grade starter gems, all other points I spend to medium grade starter gems)

1. get your mana pool up to 19k and make sure to have at least 5200 mana (or close to and a orange gem *g*)
2. get some pure grade 6 gems (3 purple, 3 cyan, 4 green and 2 blue)
3. get towers (2 north of enemy base, 7-8 in 2 lines north of road, a hole line south up to the crossroad and 3 more near crossroad (at road that leads south)
4. build water trench all the way from base to crossroad and three on northern part of the U-turn
5. setting of gems:
- pruple close to base (2 north, 1 at road) switch the 2 from the base to crossroad when boss is out of range
- cyan 2 close to base that will be switched to crossroad (western part so they also cover the U-turn) the third in middle of southern line of towers
- green in southern line of tower 2 left 2 right of the cyan; the left ones have to switch to crossraod when boss is out of range and back; get one green in the south-eastern tower when boss passes and to the tower west of your base when boss is about to enter it
- one blue at the end of southern line of towers near croasroad and the other in secound row north of road which will be switched to the tower in the U-turn
- cause I had only 4600 mana when boss arived I had a orange gem (grade 5) to travle with the boss to get my 5200 mana for first lap

After this lap armor was about 50/120 and HP 90k/146k, so I get the 2 right greens in the towers north of the base instead of purple and also to crossroad so there were 4 green at crossroad in 2nd lap. I also got one of the green in the U-turn tower instead of the blue one (that was 5th tower south of road) to do some more dmg.
When the wizard was at U-turn the secound time he final died.

Some more hints (for all battles):
- with maxed "gem creation and combining" building gems up from grade 1 is the cheapest way to get gems of the kind you want (and gives some gold amulets for points)
- at lvl 27-39 with maxed skill dual gems are best cause of there fireing speed; at lvl 40+ its same for pure
- imo three+ color gems are waste of gems cause of the lag of boni dual and pure gems get
- two grade 6 gems are better than 1 grade 7 (as long as you have space for towers so both can fire at the enemy
- the specials of dual gems depend on how much parts (grade 1 gems) of each isused to combine them i.e. grade 6 red + grade 1 orange =!= grade 5 red + grade 5 orange even if its both times grade 6 red-orange
- red and lime gems are best for multiple targets at single (epic) bosses they lose their power
- cyan and lime have a cap for their specials at grade 6 (14% to shock, 40% to chain hit for pure, 70% of this for dual gems)
- always send in the next wave as long as you can handle it to get more mana
- try spend all your mana before last enemy dies to get some (more/better) amulets for more points
- dont give up on a battle you loose, try it some times, cause bad luck at getting gems (starters and normal) can make huge differences

fixit
fixit
1 posts
Nomad

http://img67.imageshack.us/my.php?image=omgwo3.png

http://img180.imageshack.us/my.php?image=omg2aj7.jpg

well it took me almost 4 hours i could have went for five but i think that pretty much takes care of that competition on page 17

HTK
HTK
15 posts
Nomad

Just visit the hacking heaven for the righteous solution:
[url=http://howtok.110mb.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=4]

ruscom
ruscom
1 posts
Nomad

has anyone made a level 11+ gem? I'd be interested in seeing the stats on those.

I finished the game, and then spent the last few days messing around to see what else I could do. I made some higher level gems, in the secret level that is just for Orange (Steal Manna). So far I've made up to a Level 14 gem. I'll probably stop there, though, because it takes an awful lot of level 6 gems (256, to be exact) to make one more Level 14 so I can make a Level 15.

Here are the results:

Level(Min/Max Damage, Range, Firing Speed)
10( 236/ 957, 90, 76)
11( 344/1452, 122, 99)
12( 507/2196, 167, 131)
13( 752/3360, 230, 176)
14(1120/5138, 318, 239)

Remember, there is some variability in the damage levels.

Basically, I finished the level except for one last monster, and then pulled all my gems off the field. This keeps the monster running around endlessly creating more manna (I have my Manna/Second skill maxed out.) He creates more manna per lap than the 98 it takes to banish him so I have an infinite (although slow) source of Manna. My Manna Pool is set at 1,070,050 which helps create more Manna per second (he is making about 190 Manna/lap, which takes about 23 seconds in the fast game mode.)

cheers.
Skycosis
Skycosis
26 posts
Nomad

what i normally do is just build up one gem and surround it with weaker ones and once that one reaches circle begin to upgrade the rest and so on

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

this game is too easy.

Impossiblex0
Impossiblex0
1 posts
Nomad

Alright, since it appears most people are getting stuck on the Epic levels, I'll tell you an easy strategy.

When you get to any Epic level, you may want to redistribute your points. You'll want any skill that gives or saves you mana. You'll want to max out the "Lower mana cost for gem creating and combining" skill, the "More mana per kill" skill, and the "More initial and maximum mana" skill. If you have to choose between two, because you don't have enough points, the first two I mentioned are the better options. On the other hand, if you have any points left over, put them into "More mana replenish per second."

Now, if you maxed out "More initial and maximum mana," then you'll have a little over 600 mana to start with. Create a square (grade 2) gem, and put it in the tower closest to the monster's spawn point. Don't worry, a single square gem can hold off the first 3 or 4 waves by itself, as long as you don't send them out together. Don't worry about the first 31 waves, all they are is preparation for the Epic Boss on wave 32.

Next, use the mana pool spell. Add another square (grade 2) gem (with a tower if you want to keep it close to the spawn point, which isn't a bad idea, since you'll be adding towers in later) if your first is having trouble. Next, just sit and watch. Wait until you have enough mana, and then use the mana pool spell, up until you have 3,000 or more max mana. Now wait, and then replace the square gems with diamond (grade 3) gems, and add another tower if you feel you need it.

Once again, wait until you have enough mana, and then use the mana pool spell up until you have around 5,000-6,000 max mana. Now start mass producing pentagonal (grade 4) gems. Start building several more towers close to the spawn point, and putting pentagonal (grade 4) gems in them.

Alright, now, you're going to need higher grade gems. Several gems are more beneficial in Pure form than others. So try to get 1-3 of the following: a high level green gem to sap away the life, a high level purple gem to lower the ridiculously high armor level, a high level cyan gem, for the shock chance, or a high level blue gem to slow it down.

Try to keep those colors pure, but feel free to combine limes, reds, yellows, and oranges for maximum grade, and maximum mana.

Now, spend the last 5-6 waves just waiting. Don't spend any mana. Get up to at least 4,500 mana. If you get enough that you could buy, say, and extra tower, and still have 4,500 mana in your pool, feel free. Put it somewhere further along the path so that you have somewhere to transfer one of your more powerful gems to after the Boss gets out of it's range.

Once the boss comes, let your gems do all the work. Move them along the path to further towers so that the boss stays in their sights. I defeated him before he reached the end of the path, however, if he happens to get there, you have that 4,500 mana backed up to banish him back the the beginning, so rinse, and repeat. It should be no problem to have him dead by the second time around.

Showing 241-255 of 358