ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 682539
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I learned that when you think you're about to fart, it's not always just gas that comes out!
OMG, need new underwear! ---- `O//

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I learned that I shouldn't skip meals or get 4 hours of sleep the day before I go to the gym.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I learned that when you think you're about to fart, it's not always just gas that comes out!
OMG, need new underwear! ---- `O//

ROFL! XD

You should buy some of those baggy underpants SSTG! They can hold a ton of... yah, you know what I mean!

---

I also learned something more today! My cat talks in it's sleep! Cats can do that?! (o.O)
Yes they can apparently! =D
rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

I learned about the effects of catalysts on reaction rates through analysis of reaction mechanisms, as well as the Michaelis-Menten model for enzyme kinetics.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I learned some algorithms for a 2x2 Rubix cube today. I can now solve both layers and not just first layer!

jjrocks66
jjrocks66
913 posts
Shepherd

Today i learned that making a funny face will make people you don't want to talk to go away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wRXa971Xw0

redslaughterer
redslaughterer
256 posts
Nomad

I learned about the effects of catalysts on reaction rates through analysis of reaction mechanisms, as well as the Michaelis-Menten model for enzyme kinetics.

Okay, okay, hold on. WHAT just happened there. I read through that the first time and I reread it. Now I've confused myself.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgp0437L4HBjljzNVAcxY-MaO8leKQ0Lx4tuqE-QotXZ65yTtq

O_o Too much science.

I learned that cats can apparently talk in their sleep.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSl2TMSUUYO28NVEiQPG4cW_G5pQ5WUTsQGDePSqLCr8W_fO_jT

I also learned that I have no idea how to do proofs in geometry and have a test tommorow. o_O
PurpleSquishy
PurpleSquishy
150 posts
Shepherd

That the USA is blind and ignorant.

psychoraven
psychoraven
311 posts
Peasant

that sporadic is a synonym for random/scattered

redslaughterer
redslaughterer
256 posts
Nomad

I learned that my armatar is pretty unique. Don't know or have seen anyone who has it. I mean its an old guy with a scroll and looks like Obi- Wan Kenobi.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

That the USA is blind and ignorant.

Lol, you've lived here for how long and you're realizing this just now? =P
danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

i learned that the scottis kilt, this scottish symble of highlanders pride, was invented by a british man.
{If you want more details, ask me personaly, or just post here}

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I learned that Barrack Obama is brutal in a presidential election. O.O

[quote]That the USA is blind and ignorant.

Lol, you've lived here for how long and you're realizing this just now? =P[quote]

Haha, I found that out when I was like 6 years old so we all leanr at our own pace I guess. =P

skydragon720
skydragon720
343 posts
Nomad

I learned that my armatar is pretty unique. Don't know or have seen anyone who has it. I mean its an old guy with a scroll and looks like Obi- Wan Kenobi

Thats because its weird!

I learned nothing, for i know all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ))))))

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Lol... today I learned, from reading Wikipedia articles, about the Ryugyong Hotel, and I also learned that Gangnam Style is the most liked video on YouTube! I guess I learned a little about both North AND South Korea! =D

Showing 16-30 of 2124