ForumsThe TavernHere's The Situation...

518 96578
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

To exercise my creative mind and to help increase activity in this part of the forums, I'm going to ask an open-ended question or give you guys an open-ended situation every day in the hopes that some of you will come up with answers! =)

Kudos to Ernie for this thread idea, and also for giving me the first question...

What would you do if you woke up one morning and it was 1901?

• 518 Replies
spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

idk....
i would ask the nearest person the year, just to throw him off.
lol

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

1920 you say... I would probably live a boring 20's life.

Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

Buy some automatic weapons and become a bootlegger.

Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

I have this funny feeling that as a female my life would be very different than it is now. So I suppose I would be simply pushing all sorts of boundaries.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

It's great that you're back! If you're truly up for this task, why not answer the most recent question/scenario I posted on the previous page? =)

Yes yes, Im back. *bows* I don't know why I went away though..... and you are brilliant my man! I will do that. =)

What would you do if you woke up in a present-day society that was exactly like the 1920's? I say present-day because I want to make it clear that it isn't the past, so your actions can't change any historical events.

To be honest..... I don't know. People in the 1920's didn't like black people so..... I would have to hide.... o.o The Indian people would like me though. I would hang out with Indian people. =)
VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

What would you do if you woke up in a present-day society that was exactly like the 1920's? I say present-day because I want to make it clear that it isn't the past, so your actions can't change any historical events

Go to Washington DC, dress up as a crazy bum and go right outside the White House gates and start ranting that a man named Hitler will come into power and mess things up for a while, I would also rant and rave about future events such as 9/11 and the Cuban Missile Crisis and to stab the Russians in the back during WWII that way you can avoid the Cold War and when they ask me what the Cold War I'll make crazy comparisons anyone from 2012 would recognize, but the 1920s people wouldn't. When my future predictions turn out to be true people will consider me an amazing prophet and predictor of the future. So people will come to me to predict future events while I'm dancing like this kid

Amazing dancer

and throwing tumbleweeds at people and yelling Montreal vs Boston 1946, Montreal wins series 4-1. I'll then continue laughing and screaming and dancing like a boss.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZGOibM4MmqLkDjTfaTTQtZdJUpRmGPJoeLDRalZgQfuYZ5n6LPQ
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Well, that was a confusing question! It seems that some people didn't quite get that this was not actually the 1920's, but a present-day society that, in terms of lifestyle, was exactly the same as the 1920's. I probably should have explained that better...

So, without further ado, I will ask the next question... this time I'm hoping people will grasp it better now that they're clear on what the question really meant...

What would you do if you woke up in a present-day society that was exactly like the 1950's?

Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

I would be THRILLED!! Mostly because I love tacky blue stoves and tacky yellow fridges. I like colour, it makes me happy. The world had mostly recovered from WW2 and the diners with the jukebox music would have been fun. Had some good classic TV at the time as well. My mother always told me I should have been born in the 1950's.....

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

What would you do if you woke up in a present-day society that was exactly like the 1950's?

Your in love with the concept of going back in time Skel. XD Anyways, I would probably want to go to see my grandpa. :O I never met him and well... that'd be awesome! We could make fried chicken together and tell stories about how funny my dad was. Oh wait.... did they still hate black people at this time? o.O I think I'd still hide, just for safety measures...
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,348 posts
Bard

I'd just do the same thing I did in the 20s society:

I'd just live a 1920s lifestyle and see where it goes. If I really can't stand it, I'll invent the internet and ruin everybody's lives.

Except I'd replace "1920s" with "1950s".

To elaborate ever so slightly, I'd probably visit a malt shop, drive a Chevy Bel Air, slap a jukebox and say "Eyyyyy", become addicted to sax-solos and maybe take a girl out past her bedtime even though her father clearly disapproves of me.
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Anyways, I would probably want to go to see my grandpa.

You're not going back in time... you're in a society that has an identical lifestyle and society to the 1950's, but you're in present day, so the people would not be the same people that existed in the 1950's.
awesomecoyoteman
awesomecoyoteman
17 posts
Jester

well...if i woke up in 1920 id go and kill Hitler then go back to bed and hope that i wake up in 2012.

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

I'd become the biggest rock n roll artist in the society and attempt to revolutionize the musical world.

VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

If I woke up in a 1950s society I'd check myself into a mental institution thinking I had gone crazy.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Alright! Well, I think I'll give the time-related questions a rest for the time being since I feel like I've been using them a lot lately, and you guys are probably pretty tired of them... =P

If you could instantly know how to play just one musical instrument perfectly without ever learning how to play it, what instrument would it be?

Showing 256-270 of 518