ForumsThe TavernHere's The Situation...

518 96579
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

To exercise my creative mind and to help increase activity in this part of the forums, I'm going to ask an open-ended question or give you guys an open-ended situation every day in the hopes that some of you will come up with answers! =)

Kudos to Ernie for this thread idea, and also for giving me the first question...

What would you do if you woke up one morning and it was 1901?

• 518 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Guitar, of course. Who wouldn't want to become an enormously famous, overly paid rockstar who does nothing all day but get richer and richer?

Enjoy capitalism.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Hmmm. I could probably figure out piano. I wasn't bad at that. Guitar isn't that hard though I would need to practice. Probably a wind instrument. Trumpet. Let's go with trumpet. No wait. Sax. I hope I spelled that right.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,348 posts
Bard

Definitely the keyboard. No matter how hard I try, I've never been able to learn it, and if I can play a keyboard, I can make it sound like any other instrument and fool people with my conniving recordings.

And of course I would play it live as well.

I'd pick the guitar (no pun intended), but there are already too many guitarists in the world. Like, way too many.

VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAwLJzRu2uI8vJf41yFptZlPFiPM7mRgzpF7PDxUGLNLAU1eA6

Definitely this instrument

Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

A violin. I have always really liked the violin, yet never gotten around to learning how to play it.

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

I think I'd want to learn the guitar because that's one of the only instrument that I see myself playing. But then again I started the paino but completely forgot. It'd be nice to be perfect at it.

Overall, I'd probably pick the harmonica. It's really easy to carry around and since people rarely hear it they'll be amazed when I play it perfectly. I might even play some blues. I might have the voice for blues.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,348 posts
Bard

It's really easy to carry around and since people rarely hear it they'll be amazed when I play it perfectly.

It's also incredibly easy to learn. I taught myself how to play it in 5 minutes. If I were you I'd choose a different instrument that actually takes some time to learn and has a bit more versatility.
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

Probably piano. In order to be good at it I should be able to read music notes and thus I have a advantage over other people if I wanted to learn another instrument. Although this counts for every instrument I like the piano.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Piano, just sounds awesome when you have someone pushing all those little keys at once.

~~~Darth Caedus

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

I would choose the banjo. I've always wanted to be able to play Foggy Mountain Breakdown but I don't have the finger dexterity to move around the strings that quickly and gracefully.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Bass guitar...so fun to play, whether you are finger picking or slapping it is always enjoyable. Plus, you look so darn cool playing it

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Definitely the saxaphone. Except I would play more of a ska/punk kind of style because that is what I like to listen to.

On the other hand I wouldn't mind learning the drums...

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

You're not going back in time... you're in a society that has an identical lifestyle and society to the 1950's, but you're in present day, so the people would not be the same people that existed in the 1950's.

Oh.... wow I am just batting a thousand here. Thank you for clarifying.

Alright! Well, I think I'll give the time-related questions a rest for the time being since I feel like I've been using them a lot lately, and you guys are probably pretty tired of them... =P

Well of course, time travel is exhausting. lol

If you could instantly know how to play just one musical instrument perfectly without ever learning how to play it, what instrument would it be?

I would want to learn the Bongo's. Yup people, I said it. The Bongo's! That or the guitar, I love the guitar. Hmm..... I don't know which to choose......

ALRIGHTY! I made up my mind! Its the drums, it has a more historical feel to it. XP
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Huh... a popular question. Haven't seen one of those in a while. Let's see if I can nail it two days in a row...

If you could live one day of your life anywhere in the world you wanted, where would you go?

Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

Hmmm just one day......Well I think Antartica would be pretty cool, but only for a very short period of time. Not many people can say they have been there, so it would probably be interesting to see something most don't have an opportunity to see. Probably some amazing things down there. So I shall say Antartica.

Showing 271-285 of 518