ForumsThe TavernHere's The Situation...

518 96497
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

To exercise my creative mind and to help increase activity in this part of the forums, I'm going to ask an open-ended question or give you guys an open-ended situation every day in the hopes that some of you will come up with answers! =)

Kudos to Ernie for this thread idea, and also for giving me the first question...

What would you do if you woke up one morning and it was 1901?

• 518 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

If you could play any sport professionally, what sport would it be and why?

This is implying that I would be good enough to play the sport professionally?

I would go with baseball. It's always been my favorite sport to watch and I could see myself as a great player if I tried hard enough. I was the best contact hitter in the league when I played little league in elementary/middle school and I could have gone further had it not been for one traumatic incident that made me resign permanently.

Not saying I would be MLB material had it not been for that experience, but it would have certainly helped to have seen my true abilities after I had turned 13.
VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

I would definitely do professional cross-country running because I love to run and run for my high school team as well as the fact that I'm not half bad
Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

Well I participate in two sports I enjoy a lot, but since I can only pick one I will say gymnastics because I enjoy it and think it looks cool and think it is something I would be more likely to succeed at.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Baseball...I am a huge baseball fan...and unlike poor Ernie I still play baseball (1st base and outfield...more of a power hitter, patient hitter, and base stealing threat)

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

Soccer of course. I would make very much money.
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

Most likely soccer, since it's the sport I play most often and I'm somewhat decent at it.
If that wasn't an option; it would most likely be rugby.
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I regret to inform you all that my creative mind has not yet risen to the surface of my conscience, but hopefully yours haven't sunk from all these mundane questions... I'll try to come up with something more interesting tomorrow! For now, you'll just have to endure my unoriginality for another day...

If you could design a house of your own from scratch, what would it look like and what special additions would you include on the inside?

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

I would build all the floors and counter tops out of concrete and design them so that they can be cleaned with a hose. I would also put a gutter with a grate over it between the walls and the counter tops so I could hose down the counters and the water (and whatever it washes up) would have an easy place to go. I'd also put gutters between the floor and the base of the counters for the same reason, and I'd put drains in the middle of the floor so the water wouldn't feel obligated to go off to the side all the time. And of course, it would all be cleverly inclined so that the water wouldn't just sit in place in the middle of the floor.

I'd do the same thing with my bathroom. I don't believe in any of that fancy mansion stuff. I'm just a lazy guy who feels that there are easier ways of cleaning one's house, and if those ways involve using a hose indoors, so be it.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

If you could design a house of your own from scratch, what would it look like and what special additions would you include on the inside?

I would put a pool in the house, and I would have 3 levels on the house and plenty of computers in it! I would also like to have my house to have its own security system I manage, I don't trust security companies. But other then that, I don't really know what to have in my house...
Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

Oh I have actually gotten to do this before! It was quite the design. It involved a lot of strange shapes and weird colours and fun craz things like dumbwaiters in which you could transport yourself and poles between floors to slide down. Certainly nothing realistic, but very fun.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I build it into a cliff and make it look like a large waterfall, and the inside would have a big elevator in the middle, with my bedroom have way up.

~~~Darth Caedus

handlerfan
handlerfan
185 posts
Nomad

If I could play a sport professionally what sport would it be and why?

I call it football [Americans call it soccer]. I want to win the FA Cup and the Premiership for my club and the World Cup for England.

VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

If I had the architectural skill for this, I would make this zombie stronghold, except for the fact that there would be a moat around it with a draw bridge

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-1jg5dl3jf_8/Tb4WiJiYypI/AAAAAAAAABI/2gKC-r3QJgY/s1600/27505af4-8c02-4cdd-819a-09aa9b428aab.jpg

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

I would make it a house that can fly. Other than that, I'm not quite sure what I would do to it.

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

I would build most of it underground. It would be an elaborate series of rooms and tunnels and, of course, it would be multi-level. I would put a swimming pool on the highest subterranean level and put glass windows on the sides and on the bottom. It would all cost millions of dollars to construct and lots of people putting in lots of time, but it would be worth it if I had the money.

Showing 301-315 of 518