ForumsThe TavernWhat would you do if a robber broke into your house?

81 11718
redslaughterer
redslaughterer
256 posts
Nomad

What would you do if you were home alone and a robber broke in?

I would do either one of two things.

1. I'd jump out of a window( depending on what floor I'm on ) or run outside screaming like a baby.

OR

2. I'd grab a bat and start whacking for my life. Depends on what weapons they have. If it was a gun, I'd run. If not, I'd maybe take my chances.

• 81 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

If this old man isn't wise enough to know that breaking into someone else's house is only going to cost him more money in the long run as well as probable incarceration, he's probably just senile. I'd let the police decide what to do with him.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

If this old man isn't wise enough to know that breaking into someone else's house is only going to cost him more money in the long run as well as probable incarceration, he's probably just senile. I'd let the police decide what to do with him.

I don't know, there are a lot of stupid people out there. He could have just not thought about the consequences. But if you really sit down and think about it, then yes you can see it would be stupid. The police? If you let the police handle it tell them to never let him out of bars again, we have enough stupid people. Just loosing one would be a big bonus for everyone.
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

An old man strong enough to break into my house? This guy sounds pretty cool... I think I'd give him a bit of my money if he had the audacity to wander all the way to my house and choose my house over all the others! =P

kellynmcfinch
kellynmcfinch
132 posts
Nomad

I would get him before he gets me!!!

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

An old man strong enough to break into my house? This guy sounds pretty cool...

Im getting a flash back from Looper... anyways, this is unique. I have no clue if it was possible a old man could break into houses, but if possible, you wouldn't have to do much. You could punch him once and he is knocked out. Not really a good opponent.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

An old man? Sucks to be him; he shouldn't have broken into my house.

As I said earlier: I'd 'choot 'em with my M1911. Bang bang bang.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Okay, now I will see how bad of a person you people are. The robber is an old man who just needs some extra cash.

Oh it's an old man now? Good! Finally someone I can handle!

First off...I'd jump kick him. Then, while he is down, I spin kick him in the jaw. I go for the "oh my god I'm so sorry I thought you were some serious bad guy blah blah blah" and help him up, only to follow up with an open palm to the nose and a kick to his kneecap (with intentions on breaking it). Then, after punching and kicking him a bit more mercilessly, I call the police and talk to them as if I'm being burglarized by a crazed maniac
Jblaze101
Jblaze101
512 posts
Peasant

If someone was to break into my house i would definitely disappear so he wouldn't notice where i was and definitively grab my jungle knife and stab the back of his neck and close his mouth while he die a painful death

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

First off...I'd jump kick him. Then, while he is down, I spin kick him in the jaw. I go for the "oh my god I'm so sorry I thought you were some serious bad guy blah blah blah" and help him up, only to follow up with an open palm to the nose and a kick to his kneecap (with intentions on breaking it). Then, after punching and kicking him a bit more mercilessly, I call the police and talk to them as if I'm being burglarized by a crazed maniac

If he broke a leg while breaking into your house, he would be allowed to sue you for negligence.

If someone was to break into my house i would definitely disappear so he wouldn't notice where i was and definitively grab my jungle knife and stab the back of his neck and close his mouth while he die a painful death

Would you really want to kill someone?
deathbewithyou
deathbewithyou
534 posts
Nomad

I would first call him a crazy loonatic and point my shotgun at him.

redslaughterer
redslaughterer
256 posts
Nomad

Hmmmmmm...Some of you are good people *ahem* ahem* Ernie, Skeleton, but some of you are down right CRUEL. Pang, Jblaze,Maverick.

So now, I'll change it again. Let's see how you people react if it is a group of buff guys.

deathbewithyou
deathbewithyou
534 posts
Nomad

So now, I'll change it again. Let's see how you people react if it is a group of buff guys.

Don't matter! See how you like my 500 ya pot lickers!
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Hmmmmmm...Some of you are good people *ahem* ahem* Ernie, Skeleton, but some of you are down right CRUEL. Pang, Jblaze,Maverick.

He shouldn't be breaking into peoples houses, it's as simple as that. As he is breaking the law in at a minimum what is home invasion, he should be fully prepared to meet the potentially lethal consequences. Defense of yourself, your property, and your loved ones =/= Cruelty.

Buff guys? Doesn't matter; I have a 12 round magazine.
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Some of you are good people *ahem* ahem* Ernie, Skeleton, but some of you are down right CRUEL.

Not to say of course that I wouldn't hesitate to give him the old one-two if he tried to fight me! xD
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Not to say of course that I wouldn't hesitate to give him the old one-two if he tried to fight me! xD

Old one-two? Oh Bud, that never works... even in movies. XD You need to hit em in the head with a hammer, or better yet, make it entertaining, make it like a Die Hard movie. The robber is in one part of the house your on the other and you will try to find ways to stop him. This sounds like fun already now doesn't it? =)
Showing 31-45 of 81