ForumsThe TavernWhat would you do if a robber broke into your house?

81 11719
redslaughterer
redslaughterer
256 posts
Nomad

What would you do if you were home alone and a robber broke in?

I would do either one of two things.

1. I'd jump out of a window( depending on what floor I'm on ) or run outside screaming like a baby.

OR

2. I'd grab a bat and start whacking for my life. Depends on what weapons they have. If it was a gun, I'd run. If not, I'd maybe take my chances.

• 81 Replies
Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

What am I even doing in a bank vault at this hour?

redslaughterer
redslaughterer
256 posts
Nomad

You work at the bank and heard sounds coming from inside the vault. Kind of defeats the title, but I'd like to see how people would handle a situation like that.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

You work at the bank and heard sounds coming from inside the vault. Kind of defeats the title, but I'd like to see how people would handle a situation like that.

You know what I'd do? I would lock the vault. As simple as that. Then call the cops and when they open the vault "SURPRISE!!! 30 years in jail!". See, simple.
redslaughterer
redslaughterer
256 posts
Nomad

You know what I'd do? I would lock the vault. As simple as that. Then call the cops and when they open the vault "SURPRISE!!! 30 years in jail!". See, simple.

Minotaur, you forgot this post.

So, lets see, I've done the old person, a woman, a group of guys. So, what if the robber was a well built man and rigged with explosives. YOu find him robbing a bank and your stuck with him in the vault.

[/quote]You work at the bank and heard sounds coming from inside the vault. Kind of defeats the title, but I'd like to see how people would handle a situation like that.[quote]

Ill revise that one: You work at the bank and heard sounds coming from inside the vault. You go to check it out and suddenly your locked in the vault. Kind of defeats the title, but I'd like to see how people would handle a situation like that.
redslaughterer
redslaughterer
256 posts
Nomad

Oooops.

This is what its supposed to be:

Ill revise that one: You work at the bank and heard sounds coming from inside the vault. You go to check it out and suddenly your locked in the vault. Kind of defeats the title, but I'd like to see how people would handle a situation like that.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Oooooh, thats a great plan, Pang.

Please keep my name lowercase..thank you!

You work at the bank and heard sounds coming from inside the vault. You go to check it out and suddenly your locked in the vault. Kind of defeats the title, but I'd like to see how people would handle a situation like that.

First off...sounds were coming from inside the vault, I go inside, and get locked in but apparently see nothing in the vault. Ghost?! O.o (and not GoM, ghost like...boo ghost)

2nd...Now that I'm locked in..not much I can do but sit and cry until someone opens the door
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Nah, this scenario is too unlikely... if I worked at a bank I would ALWAYS carry the vault keys with me!

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

So, lets see, I've done the old person, a woman, a group of guys. So, what if the robber was a well built man and rigged with explosives. YOu find him robbing a bank and your stuck with him in the vault.

How would I be stuck in there with him? This makes no sense.

[quote]Ill revise that one: You work at the bank and heard sounds coming from inside the vault. You go to check it out and suddenly your locked in the vault. Kind of defeats the title, but I'd like to see how people would handle a situation like that.

Oh, Im stuck in there! I agree with Skeleton, I would always have the keys on me. Plus if I were working at a bank, near a vault, part of my job would state I keep the key on me at all times. So if this happened, I will unlock the door and get out.
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Oops, quote error. Correction:

Oh, Im stuck in there! I agree with Skeleton, I would always have the keys on me. Plus if I were working at a bank, near a vault, part of my job would state I keep the key on me at all times. So if this happened, I will unlock the door and get out.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Lucky I always carry dynamite in my left back pocket. Oakland is a dangerous city after hours.

redslaughterer
redslaughterer
256 posts
Nomad

Please keep my name lowercase..thank you!

Ooops, force of habit. I'm used to capitalizing names. Thank you for correcting me pang.

Okay, maybe that situation is a little unlikely.

So lets go back to the house theme. The robber is rigged with explosives and is robbing you. The trigger is in the mans hand. All you have are your fists and a stick on the ground next to you . What do you do?
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I'd go out and buy some furniture. A stick on the floor and no couch to throw is no way to live your life.

Actually, if all I have is a stick, what is there for him to take? I'd just politely ask him to leave (and hide the stick behind my back, because that's my stick and he can't have it).

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I'll wait until he leaves my house, then I'd jump out from behind a bush and jab him with the stick... he wouldn't blow himself up to prevent himself from getting killed---that's incredibly counter-productive!

But just in case he is that crazy, I don't want my property blown to bits. =)

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

Why would any robber rig himself with explosives? What's the logic behind that?

ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

I would probably run and grab my sister and brother (my parents could get there themselves). Then grab a phone and lock us in a room and bar it up. then I would call 911. OR the more likely thing would happen, my anxiety would kick in and I would probably run into a corner and cry like a baby and be mentally scarred for the rest of my life.

Showing 61-75 of 81