ForumsThe TavernThin Crust or Fluffy Crust Pizza

58 13250
Sauron23
Sauron23
275 posts
Peasant

Is thin rust or fluffy crust better with pizza. I personally like thin crust better. Italian pizza is awesome! The Americanized pizza isn't as good.

• 58 Replies
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I have to agree, traditional Italian Pizza is much better then the Americanized version. But I like Fluffy crust more, if the dough is made right and it tastes good then I prefer having the Fluffy crust. Any remaining fluffy crust I have can be dipped in Marinara sauce.

But if the crust is ok and not to big in flavor then I would prefer thin crust, because then the dough has all the flavor from the toppings. So over all, I like both. It just depends on the flavor of the dough and how much love and care was put into it. Now I am hungry...

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

I think thick crust just makes the pizza less flavorful the only good thing about thick crust is that its more filling but you can just eat more of a thin pizza so thin is just plain better IMO.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

I like thin, maybe slightly crunchy-ended crust. It makes the pizza easier to grip anyway. Ever been to Italy? I had pizza at a Venetian restaurant. Excellent.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Fluffy. Thin doesn't fill one's engine up.

redslaughterer
redslaughterer
256 posts
Nomad

SImple solution. You eat more of it. I'd prefer two slices of thin crust than one slice of thick crust. By the way, if anyone hasn't figured it out yet, I prefer thin crust.
Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

I prefer hand-tossed, or fluffy as everyone's referring it to.
You need some body in your pizza.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

fluffy, i once had a thin crust pizza from pizza hut. it was cheese and a little tiny bit of pizza sauce on a giant crispy cracker

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Have to go with fluffy. Thin crust always scratches my throat.

Fluffy also tastes better.

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

I prefer fluffy crust. Thin crust is like eating a cracker in a pizza suit. Sure, it may taste almost the same, but it doesn't satisfy hunger the way fluffy pizza does.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

You need some body in your pizza.

You can have body in a pizza without fluffy crust, its called a uber stuffed thin crust pizza. Booya!

Thin crust is like eating a cracker in a pizza suit. Sure, it may taste almost the same, but it doesn't satisfy hunger the way fluffy pizza does.

That was one of the bust fluffy crusted pizza references ever! XD
devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

I prefer pan, although a well made thin crust pizza is just as good. Does anyone else love filled-crust pizza?

Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

You can have body in a pizza without fluffy crust, its called a uber stuffed thin crust pizza. Booya!

I just like something to hold up to strong ingredients.

Does anyone else love filled-crust pizza?

Definitely.
It's like eating a pizza with mozzerella stick sides.
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I prefer pan, although a well made thin crust pizza is just as good. Does anyone else love filled-crust pizza?

I prefer pan as well, to be honest. And yes I love filled crust, if cheese is stuffed in there I will eat that stuff every freaking day. When I first tasted a stuffed crust pizza it took someone to knock me out to stop eating. Well, I wasn't actually knocked out. But it took a lot for my parents to stop me from eating the pie.

It's like eating a pizza with mozzerella stick sides.

Exactly. Booya! Yup, I did that again.
redslaughterer
redslaughterer
256 posts
Nomad

Does anyone else love filled-crust pizza?

Oooooh, this is one of my favorites. I like it when you bite into it and you get the ooey goodness of the cheese. I just made myself hungry for thin crust pizza, and I can't do anything about it as it is kind of late. A good thin crust pizza has a crust that is not too hard. Once I had a pizza and the crust was hard as a ROCK. I hurt my teeth biting into it.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

SImple solution. You eat more of it. I'd prefer two slices of thin crust than one slice of thick crust. By the way, if anyone hasn't figured it out yet, I prefer thin crust.

You don't get it. I don't feel full even if I eat many slices of something that feels like a cracker. Fluffy feels more like solid solid bread.
Showing 1-15 of 58