ForumsWEPRMall shooting in Oregon

191 61401
BurnKush420
BurnKush420
100 posts
Nomad

3 people dead including the shooter. this is on the front page of CNN. i guess somebody went into the mall and started firing an assault rifle at people. multiple others were wounded. this happened literally like 5 minutes from my house. [url=http://www.katu.com/news/local/Shooting-Clackamas-Town-Center-183077691.html] link to news article

• 191 Replies
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

Glad to hear that some of you guys sound disgusted to even think about the United States. Like it is all of America's fault that there are a random killing spree. How would you prefer America does it? Stick everybody to chains and completely order them how their lives will go?

It's not about how we outsiders would prefer it, but you have to understand that when you are raised in a country where guns are illegal, the dogedness with which Americans seem to defend ther right to arm themselves strikes an odd tone.

I'm sorry if this is construed as derailing the thread away from the Mall shooting, but given the even greater tradgedy that's just occured, I'm sure you won't mind answering some of my queuries.

I read this article recently and it made me wonder, what would it take to make Americans start to change their mind about the 2nd amendment? The Whitehouse press secretary Jay Carney said ''today is not the day to talk about gun control.'' If not in the wake of such a massacre, then when? And note the language he uses. The issue isn't even on the agenda. Shouldn't the relatively high number of homicides in the US, combined with these all too frequent killing sprees at least warrant some sort of discussion?

I'm sure you can surmise my personal views on gun policy, but I would simply like to know the thought process that is behind this wall of silence.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

If not in the wake of such a massacre, then when? And note the language he uses. The issue isn't even on the agenda. Shouldn't the relatively high number of homicides in the US, combined with these all too frequent killing sprees at least warrant some sort of discussion?

That's because congressmen are intimidated by the gun loving cowards who gang up on them, so they prefer to avoid talking about it by fear of being shot by some redneck NRA fanatics.

For example in the other thread now blocked
AatosLiukkonen aka Elmer Fudd said:
The weapon was purchased legally by one of the victims. Unless you can predict the future, punishing victims for the crimes of assailants is stupid.

Do you see how nonsensical this comment was?
The victim is not being punished, she's already dead at the end of her deranged gun loving son. I never said she deserved to die for buying a murdering weapon but apparently her sicko son thought so.
They always twist our words so they can defend their obsolete and pathetic way of life.
The only way we can achieve anything is by pressuring our congressman to render the NRA illegal and declare it a terrorist organization.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

20 some people killed in a vehicle pile-up on a Chinese hiway...
Time to ban autos.

I love how some people try to play it all down by making inconclusive comparisons...
1) Accident =/= murder
2) Private transportation are an integer part of our modern society. We could live well without private guns however.
3) Literally everything has certain risks, so let's ban everything
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,778 posts
Chamberlain

Another gun loving sick **** murdered innocent people and this time there's many kids dead. Great job America, just let the pawn shops sell guns to anybody and it'll keep happening. We need to call our congressmen and bring down the NRA first, then ban all the ****ing guns for good!

Wow. If you were there would you be wishing for more gun control or would you be wishing that you had a gun? There would be fewer shootings with more guns and the shootings that did happen would be shorter because people would actually be able to defend themselves and not hope that a police man with a gun is there and alive.

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'donell fat!
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Wow. If you were there would you be wishing for more gun control or would you be wishing that you had a gun? There would be fewer shootings with more guns and the shootings that did happen would be shorter because people would actually be able to defend themselves and not hope that a police man with a gun is there and alive.

Dude. You cannot arm teenies with guns. You just can't. Maybe the possibility should be checked that teachers are encouraged by the school to get a gun license, and order a standard gun model for all teachers in the school as a part of their functions. But the fact that the mother of the Connecticut murderer, a private person, had a gun collection certainly didn't help at all.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,778 posts
Chamberlain

Alright fine fine, this is different since it's at a kindergarten school (even though I thought this was about a mall shooting) but in general more guns could prove quite helpful. If you take away guns (assuming that muderers would give them up because of some law) then they'd improvise. It's even been done in prison by the prisoners.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Still, if you arm just a few persons, for example in the mall, in the context of their function, you don't need to have private persons walking around with guns. Private persons having access to guns increase the availability also to criminals that might get them from civilian contacts (easier than to go to black market I guess) and decrease the threshold for those people previously without incidences typical for shooting perpetrators, that might decide to go on a killing spree instead of stabbing the person they want to kill anyway.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Those gun lovers are an insult to modern civilization. And they wonder why the rest of the World laugh at them. Of course, they don't care about the rest of the World, to them it's just an other opportunity for an aggression.
Those rednecks need a good reality check and I'm happy to provide it to them for free.
BTW, the English invaders are all gone now so maybe it's time to update the Constitution and remove the obsolete gun amendment.
Oh wait, don't, I forgot about those British actors. xD

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,778 posts
Chamberlain

Wow SSTG, you're an idiot, as a gun lover and a friend of others I can call you an idiot for whatever brainwashing you so willingly accepted about us. Just because you can't argue with logic (guns making shootings shorter) doesn't mean you need feeble attempts at making us look like heartless jerks. And honestly, if gun nuts were half as violent ad you claim them there wouldn't be any anti-gun people left. I mean really you're either an idiot or a liar, because if you really thought that we're so violent then if you had any sense of self-preservation then you'd be quiet and keep a low profile on the matter since it's not like you whining will have any sort of effect on whether or not we are allowed to have guns.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

BTW, the English invaders are all gone now so maybe it's time to update the Constitution and remove the obsolete gun amendment.

The law wasn't put in to keep out the British. There were other militia/army laws for that. This was specifically put in place in case the government became too powerful or made a police state.
"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither."
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

That's because congressmen are intimidated by the gun loving cowards who gang up on them, so they prefer to avoid talking about it by fear of being shot by some redneck NRA fanatics.

But what about the general public? Sure, politicians always have to deal with the bigger picture when dealing with lucrative industries and their lobbyists, but where is the public outrage. I have seen plenty of images of mourners, but where are the people protesting for stricter gun control. Can the American public really be so obsessed with such a crude concept of freedom they can tolerate the violence that ensues as a result?
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Why are you the one saying that you're tired of talking to a wall?

the american gun lovers rather block their eyes and plug their ears.
we can say and give reasons a million times but they will simply dodge it and return their same old BS every time.
it's annoying and tiresome to talk whit gun lovers about this topic as they are not even willing to listen and think logically. all they care about is the gun. nothing els, just the gun..
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

But what about the general public? Sure, politicians always have to deal with the bigger picture when dealing with lucrative industries and their lobbyists, but where is the public outrage. I have seen plenty of images of mourners, but where are the people protesting for stricter gun control. Can the American public really be so obsessed with such a crude concept of freedom they can tolerate the violence that ensues as a result?

Here's why.
http://nssf.org/impact/
http://www.hoovers.com/industry-facts.gun-ammunition-manufacturing.1200.html
The criminals who own those business are mega rich and they employ a lot of people so they'll also use this excuse not to stop their criminal activities and they have many well paid scumbag lobbyists.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

so you can't say that banning guns would have prevented this, as he would have found some somewhere.

actualy is this a reason to ban them.
if guns were illegal than he couldn't just "found some somewhere"
he would have needed to contact a dealer 1st. and if he did so. then it were his own guns and he would be a "criminal" for just owning them already.
and if the police would follow the dealers activity, than this could have been prevented.

Think about what you just said, think long and hard. Now think again, it might take a few seconds for you to understand. Millions of people would be criminals within seconds. Entire communities will crumble. You need crops? Yeah, the farmer that just got arrested will not get to farm for another 10 years, good call.

Stick everybody to chains and completely order them how their lives will go?

everything that it takes to change the violent part of the culture.
starting whit closing the NRA. and only guns allowed under heavy control and bureaucracy.(not only a simple background check) + lots more police following the dealers activity. as for the police themselves, they have to learn to shoot at legs and not the body/head.

Police cost money, guess what America does not have, money. Oh yes, shooting at moving targets with a semi-auto pistol. That is hard enough, let alone largely increasing the risk of the criminal getting away. Congrats, the mass murderer just got away because the police men were trying to hit legs.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Why are you the one saying that you're tired of talking to a wall?

the american gun lovers rather block their eyes and plug their ears.
we can say and give reasons a million times but they will simply dodge it and return their same old BS every time.
it's annoying and tiresome to talk whit gun lovers about this topic as they are not even willing to listen and think logically. all they care about is the gun. nothing els, just the gun..

You stereotypical hypocrite. You obliviously believe that because 1 in a million people that own a gun mis-use it than the rest cannot use it. Not listening? You are not listening, you just keeping adding more and more incorrect things. Than you go out and start calling other people's thoughts BS? Get real.
Showing 61-75 of 191