ForumsSupport ForumArmor Games Chat Room

80 19401
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Hello Armor Gamers.

I decided to make a topic for this in response to all of the questions I have been getting on my profile related to the chat.

The chat room has been removed. The chat was being abused by many users through profanity and excessive warnings. Since it was run through a different site, it was not possible to make the changes needed to fix these problems. So until further notice, the chat will not be re-activated.

• 80 Replies
plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

ok so if the chat comes back, will it be run by the same site?

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

No, it would not be. If we brought back a chat in the future, it would most likely be run by Armor Games.

Retribution_999
Retribution_999
263 posts
Nomad

Okay, thanks to know.

KHROME
KHROME
618 posts
Nomad

hopefully they like re-open it and let Armor Games run it. What where they thinking, having the chat room run by Meebo.

Retribution_999
Retribution_999
263 posts
Nomad

The problem is, how long would it take?

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

I am assuming it would have better features that we could create to prevent abuse of the chat.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

also if it is run by AG and the same thing happens again with the chat (spamming etc...) will it be closed again, or will it have different features to prevent it

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

This is a great idea Carlie! I really hope that the developers can someday make an AG chat. It would be perfect to lower the spam, and if AG ran it, there would be less profanity, and in general less problems!

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Well, as of now this is not one of the top priorities. If the chat DOES come back, it will not be soon because we would have to create the entire thing and implement and entire set of our own tools.

Retribution_999
Retribution_999
263 posts
Nomad

Not that it really matters to me, as I barely go on there, but I still like it there so...

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Well Carlie, can you tell us what is the Top Priority?

KIngRyan

Retribution_999
Retribution_999
263 posts
Nomad

Probably no spam...

Retribution_999
Retribution_999
263 posts
Nomad

I do too. But it'll take a while, apparently.

liltower11
liltower11
5 posts
Nomad

i hope they put the the chat room back

Ace_of_Fear
Ace_of_Fear
223 posts
Nomad

Well it shuld be run by armor games then

Showing 1-15 of 80