ForumsWEPRDo You Belive In Ghosts

67 25393
Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

They Say When A Person Dies In There House They Might Fly Around At Night Or Evening. Do You Belive?

• 67 Replies
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

They Say When A Person Dies In There House They Might Fly Around At Night Or Evening. Do You Belive?

honestly, no. there is no real evidence for anything along these lines. ouija boards, the chill in your spine, and the feeling that you aren't alone simply aren't evidence. when real evidence is presented, like an actual ghost is somehow captured, and analyzed, then I will re-think said position.

-Blade
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Usually, there are rational, banal reasons for what some people think are paranormal activities. Sometimes, there is something more peculiar, but not less "normal" behind it :P

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

to believe in ghosts you have to believe in a soul and afterlife. i dont believe either.

the feeling that you aren't alone

99% of the time infrasound is the cause of this.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I'd like to believe in them because It would be cool if they did exist but they don't so... :/

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

They Say
who is "they"?

In general, im a complete Sceptical. But i heared stories in which i prefer to not belive. I think that our mind is so ddeep, that the "ghostes" are inside us. Our brain analyze and get information about things we cant even "see" or "hear", and our imagination make up the rest.

And a good way to show that "ghosets" areant real - everywher in the world the "ghosets" look diffrunte. what are the chances for that?

Its like hte 'after life'. while japanese claim they see themselve work in a vegtebule garden, the european see themselve talk to jesus and jewish see themselve walking into heaven gate. its cultural, not a one major thing. same with ghostes.

And by the amount of ghoset films and show out htere, ill be sure that if there were any, the modern ghostes whould pop in and try to make some money out of it. I mean, showing off your skills and earn millions for it {for your family for say} wont be a good idea?
SonOfVader
SonOfVader
110 posts
Blacksmith

Nope.

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

people looking to smart for me

infinight888
infinight888
37 posts
Peasant

I went through an occult phase when I was younger.

I theorized (not using the scientific definition of theory) that all creatures had a field around them (an aura or soul). This field gave people a sense that allows them to read the minds of others, and would explain why people will often say the same thin at the same time. It could also potentially be used to influence others, but I never saw any evidence of that.

The idea is that the energy from this imaginary field would imprint on nearby objects constantly and when you die, and it leaves a massive imprint on what's nearby. Certain objects would be more absorbent towards this energy, which is why more hauntings will be reported near limestone. However, this energy would not be you. This "ghost" would be an imprint of your final thoughts and emotions.

I don't think I believe this anymore, but I did want to share.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I theorized (not using the scientific definition of theory) that all creatures had a field around them (an aura or soul). This field gave people a sense that allows them to read the minds of others, and would explain why people will often say the same thin at the same time. It could also potentially be used to influence others, but I never saw any evidence of that.

Haha, I went through that phase as well. I remember reading books about it, the Third Eye, hypnotism, out of body experiences, magnetism.
I spent so many days trying to make an object move with my thought and I've never been able to make anything move! xD

I do believe we have an aura but we can't control people with it. I'm not sure where you read that stuff. The aura is simply some energy surrounding our body. It's either negative or positive.
If I enter a room with a dozen people I can tell right away who's negative because I can feel it. There's nothing mystical about it.
Ever had a creepy feeling about someone walking by you? That's exactly what it is. You feel the negative energy of that person.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

If I enter a room with a dozen people I can tell right away who's negative because I can feel it.

Can you do it blindfolded with earplugs? Maybe have people randomly cycle thru a room individually while you write what you feel to test if it's consistent. You could get a million bucks if you're really able to.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Can you do it blindfolded with earplugs? Maybe have people randomly cycle thru a room individually while you write what you feel to test if it's consistent. You could get a million bucks if you're really able to.

Yeah I know but scamming people is not my thing.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

It wouldn't be a scam if you really could demonstrate that you were able to "feel" whether someone was negative or not.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

It isn't scamming...James Randi offers $1 million dollars if you can demonstrate supernatural ability under an agreed upon scientific criteria..such as what Emp offered
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Why should there be only absolute negative and positive auras?

And yeah, imo you're "simply" particularly sensible to certain body signals we all send unconsciously (like posture, smell etc.). But go ahead and prove me wrong

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

It isn't scamming...James Randi offers $1 million dollars if you can demonstrate supernatural ability under an agreed upon scientific criteria..such as what Emp offered

Darn I can get double rich then!
An old woman I knew had a swollen leg. My GF told her about the fact that when she has a muscle pain I touch her for a while because my hands are very warm (my right one especially) she feels better.
I tested it on that women. I wrapped my fingers around her leg (close to the ankle) and I held it for about 10 minutes.
When I removed my hand, her leg was back to normal.
Wow, the great SSTG can heal boo-boos! xD
I think that the heat from my hand as well as the humidity produced made the swollen part shrink, that's it.
I'm sorry but I don't believe in any of those magical powers.
I used to when I was 15 yo but not anymore, sorry.
I wish I did though. That was fun back then.

Also, feeling people in a room is easy. I'm not talking about grabbing someone's parts! xD
Anyone who can meditate or do deep relaxation is capable of doing it.
What happens is that you're more aware of your senses when you meditate.

For those of you who have a GF, BF a husband or wife can try this:
Make your partner lay down on the bed or the sofa . Ask him or her to close their eyes then pass your hand slowly over the belly or a leg, arm, foot, etc, but without touching, like an inch (2.5 cm) away from the body part and ask them if they felt it afterward. They should feel the energy.
Showing 1-15 of 67