ForumsWEPRWho thinks soccer is a girly sport?

346 54808
AND1BALLA
AND1BALLA
11 posts
Nomad

Personaly, I like soccer but all my buds on my baseball team say it's a girl sport.

• 346 Replies
StrategyGamble
StrategyGamble
129 posts
Nomad

i dont think so..I play football often and I dont know almost any girl who really like this sport

Mac_MK
Mac_MK
752 posts
Nomad

Anyone should be able to play any sport if your a girl or a boy but it doesn't make it a girly sport

GreatZulu638
GreatZulu638
279 posts
Nomad

you cant really base a sport's manliness on physical contact... baseball has relatively 0 physical contact but its very manly.. how else do you justify hitting a tiny ball over 300 feet (steroids yes.. but physics and knowing a lot about how its going to be thrown etc) football is definitely, hockey most definitely, volleyball yes, track um.. no.. field events in track yes, bowling yes (spin on the ball hard to do..)

Pfhortipfhy
Pfhortipfhy
70 posts
Nomad

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that this whole topic is sexist. "Manliness"? "Girliness"? What the hell? Those are quantifiable qualities, they're opinions. Opinions, might I add, that suggest that men and women are better/worse (depending on your view) than each other.

GreatZulu638
GreatZulu638
279 posts
Nomad

everyone here knows what the implication was... is soccer a sport for the faint of heart/weak people/etc...

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Haha, man, this thread has lasted way longer than I expected it to, but then maybe I shouldn't be surprised. After all, it's about gender politics, and you know how people can be when you start questioning their gender alignment.

Reminds me of that Futurama episode where the Planet Express crew land on the planet Amazon, inhabited by...the all female Amazon giants. "Here stadium, where our women basketball teams play. We can't dunk, but good fundamentals."

Craze77
Craze77
813 posts
Peasant

No its not a girly sport!!!!!

Mac_MK
Mac_MK
752 posts
Nomad

Its the biggest known game on the planet

Hamder
Hamder
1 posts
Nomad

soccer is a girly sport!!!!!!

steevo15
steevo15
1,562 posts
Peasant

soccer is a girly sport!!!!!!

And so what makes you say that Hamder?
Younghoo
Younghoo
7 posts
Nomad

boys and girls are same. boys just have more organs.

GreatZulu638
GreatZulu638
279 posts
Nomad

^ um no..

Nerdius
Nerdius
420 posts
Nomad

Soccer rocks!

bobabob
bobabob
37 posts
Nomad

soccer is awsome
i play

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Soccer a Girly sport?! Let me at the person who said that! Soccer has you running up and down the field for at least 1 1/2 hour! It has a lot of tough fouls on your legs, it takes a lot of skills to play every position, the fields are very long, probably foot ball field long if your playing Pro Soccer, and it has you moving all the time, unlike baseball. All sports are both for Men and Women so people who are saying this sport is for this type of people are sexist.

Showing 181-195 of 346