ForumsWEPRWho thinks soccer is a girly sport?

346 54807
AND1BALLA
AND1BALLA
11 posts
Nomad

Personaly, I like soccer but all my buds on my baseball team say it's a girl sport.

• 346 Replies
GreatZulu638
GreatZulu638
279 posts
Nomad

ESPN was trying to say the shot David Beckham did from half pitch wasn't a big deal because it was on an empty net and it bounced twice... thats kinda like saying a 3/4 court shot in basketball isnt a big deal, or a home run isnt a big deal... i hate the amount of crap soccer gets in the US..

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

it depends where u live on ur idea of football. In sum countries people get shot playing ie south america. In some places riots start like europe. In other places no one watches it like America. Lots of people on this thread say its a girly sport but u cant say dat unless u play it. Its a working class game. And i also how is baseball more manly its like playing rounders(deffinitly a girls sport) on a bigger pitch and there is no contact involved

GreatZulu638
GreatZulu638
279 posts
Nomad

well baseball has more mental aspect.. ball trajectory and speed and placement, plus you have to know the signs from your coaches, and if you took away steriod usage, then the amount of power/energy required to hit a homerun.. the only sport i would say that lacks manliness is track.. i know its intense and hard but you are just running... nothing really special about that... oooooo running around a big O

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Baseball isnt even a contact sport. Plus football has a v mental aspect ie movement off the ball finding space link up play etc. My cuz runs track for GBR in his agegroup so i wudnt b slaggin off track e is a bit of a beast

Aaroniscool
Aaroniscool
254 posts
Nomad

I don't think that it's girley. Just think about the world cup.
nations put together the best of the best of their men in their country to win the World Cup.

GreatZulu638
GreatZulu638
279 posts
Nomad

yeah.. im ready for the next world cup.. maybe the US wont get such a hard group next time..

redbedhead
redbedhead
341 posts
Nomad

I definatly don't think so. I've just been at my highschool at this summer team camp we have and I've been going for the last three days and my legs are killing me. 4 hours of play and drills and sprints -.- Wow it's so fun but it is definatly not for wimps.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

People get hurt. My friend broke a leg. And you can get reallly tired.

I did it once and it was some of the best exercise of my life. You don't have to go and tackle each other and kill yourselves off to be "tough" or "manly".

Machiaveli
Machiaveli
3 posts
Nomad

soccer is a 100% men sport

GreatZulu638
GreatZulu638
279 posts
Nomad

exactly what machiaveli said..

jayelin
jayelin
16 posts
Nomad

The Zidane headbutt is the first thing that comes to mind.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Nice great Zulu altho the US has no chance 2-0 lol

maplerocker
maplerocker
23 posts
Nomad

i say baceball isnt really that great and socccer is a great manly sport that boys and girls should be able to play

152 posts
Nomad

i don't think so!

GreatZulu638
GreatZulu638
279 posts
Nomad

soccer is definitely not girly... except female soccer is girly.. but thats because girls play it, but even so its not girly..

Showing 196-210 of 346