ForumsWEPRWho thinks soccer is a girly sport?

346 54806
AND1BALLA
AND1BALLA
11 posts
Nomad

Personaly, I like soccer but all my buds on my baseball team say it's a girl sport.

• 346 Replies
Wittman
Wittman
318 posts
Nomad

Soccer isnt really that big of a girly sport. I played it when I was in collage, and man was it hard.

cooldude99778
cooldude99778
201 posts
Nomad

no no no not a girly sport

THE END

Skyla
Skyla
291 posts
Peasant

Collage? Heh, that must've been a terrible college!

I felt an unresistable urge to point that out

Shoestring
Shoestring
152 posts
Nomad

No I don't think so, but girls can play.
I know your reading this LEGEND!

GhostGS
GhostGS
323 posts
Nomad

it only looks girly when ppl that play tougher sports like me who play AFL (Aussie rules) NFL or rugby watch and see how the players fake being harmed by the opposition by such as a slide tackle. the worst i've seen is when two guys go up for a header. the guy makes contact with the ball with his head and follows through just... n i mean just touching the other player's head n he goes down being a drama queen

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

It is definately not a Canadian sport. Some pros are drama queens, but when you have 17-19 year old guys who's second sport is playing hockey...lol not so girly then now is it?

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

What I meant to say was it is definately not a girly sport. Brain didn't work so well there XD

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,206 posts
Peasant

lol i think baseball is a girly sport. (btw girly isn't even a word)

And no, soccer isn't. Soccer owns baseball in any way.

XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

its only girly if your bad at it. i once played soccer and i was really good i scored half of the teams goals that year. but everyother player on the team wifed everytime they tried to kick it. In no way was i girly, it took a lot of athletic ability to do what i was doing, not what they were doing tho.

its not a girly sport its just that some of the people who play it are girly, not all.

and i am not tring to offend girls. lol

coldplaya
coldplaya
355 posts
Nomad

At least we don't have football jocks saying that any American sport is better than soccer. I am (Not to brag) an A-Teamer. (The teams are ranked in skill from A-D)
I usually make the A-Team or B-team each year.
My profile has the link to my soccer club. If the website says girls soccer club, Its wrong. My club recently added a boys soccer program to match the other clubs in my area. My head-coach's name is Mike Lawrence. My other coach's name is Dave.

I don't like baseball at all.
I don't like football at all.
I actually like rugby a lot.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

Since we're on the topic of American sports why is American football called football? You barely kick the ball! Also how in the world can one consider baseball entertaining?

Ion24
Ion24
121 posts
Nomad

Since we're on the topic of American sports why is American football called football? You barely kick the ball! Also how in the world can one consider baseball entertaining?

American football is called football because we're weird like that, ya know? Among other things, of course. FOR EXAMPLE, our language! Some things it just lets you decide on (judgement vs. judgment), and others are strict in the most inconvenient of cases (insert example here).

Also, a lot of people like baseball. I can't imagine why, but apparently, these guys think they have a reason.
SosolidClaws
SosolidClaws
251 posts
Nomad

Football is THE. SPORT. it is the ultimate mix of every aspect of fitness put together into one breath-taking and nation uniting game. Speed, tactics, control, power and teamwork. No other sport can put these together as well as football can. Football is the greatest and most enjoyable sport on Earth. One can play it using ANY object. Give me a tin can and a dirty old street and I can play for hours if I have to.

AND TO THOSE WHO CALL FOOTBALL SOCCER, AMERICA ISN'T THE WORLD.

ErectusBKR
ErectusBKR
5 posts
Shepherd

It's not soccer...

FOOTBALL!!!

and it's not a girly sport --"

Eless
Eless
118 posts
Nomad

The same could be said for any sport. Why watch soccer, as it is nothing but twenty-two men walking across a lawn, waiting for the ball to come to them, at which point they run towards the goal to be promptly slide tackled. Why watch American football, as it is nothing but a bunch of guys throwing a ball around and tackling each other, at which point they walk back into a huddle for thirty seconds. Why watch hockey, as it is nothing but a bunch of skaters trying to shoot a rubber disc into a goal. What I am saying is that many different people have many different opinions, and sometimes we just cannot see eye to eye with them.
Showing 211-225 of 346