ForumsWEPR[nec]Christianity vs Atheism

3094 555538
kiddslayer12
kiddslayer12
70 posts
Nomad

I am a christian, i and i strongly belive in my lord jesus christ, and i also belive that if you belive in him and except him as your savior, u will go to heaven. and i also believe that he created the world, not the big bang, or that we came from stupid apes.

• 3,094 Replies
nevetsthereaper
nevetsthereaper
641 posts
Nomad

how can i be on the fence if there isnt a fence, damn, now im gunna have to play the games over again.

wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

Born again atheist) :P

That is just wrong.

I wish more Christians would turn up and debate. This thread seems to be going stale with a pool of Agnosticism and Atheism without anybody to debate against.

No you don't, Avorne. Yes, this thread gets very stale, very fast when Atheists lump all Christians into the same church, slam the theoretical door and claim we're all unintelligent losers.

You don't do this often but it happens enough that I, for one found a more interesting way to spend my time, at the Forge.

So wait, let me clarify something. Is this thread just atheists talking to other atheists and agnostics about atheism and agnosticism? I've seen one Christian in the thread so far, and he didn't even debate. Lol.

I'm a she, Jan/wajor59. I waited as long as I could stay awake but not a peep from Mage so, here I am now, 22 hrs later and now there are 3 pages full of basically spam. Moregreche and Mage being the two main contributors of meaningful conversation.

You should know by now... Christians ignore anything that has the potential to bring them out of ignorance.

Now, now, 314d1, I thought you said you had changed? I see I'm still going to have to ignore most everything you type until you learn to respect me as an individual. I am Christian but I am not religious! My faith is spiritual.

And I think you scared them all away, mage. Now I have nothing to do in my spare time... Good going...

Hum, I could suggest a few things but I don't wish to be banned.

how can i be on the fence if there isnt a fence, ****,
now im gunna have to play the games over again.

The "fence" is a spiritual one. If you do not believe that humans have a spirit then you are not spiritual. Yes, it's that simple.

If everyone is satisfied with Mage's explanation of where the names of God came from and where they originated, then that's the only debatable subject that's been offered since 289-290.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Now, now, 314d1, I thought you said you had changed? I see I'm still going to have to ignore most everything you type until you learn to respect me as an individual. I am Christian but I am not religious! My faith is spiritual.

I said I had changed for a day, and that was a few months ago. Shesh.

...Faith is a folly, weather religious or spiritual.

Hum, I could suggest a few things but I don't wish to be banned.

What happened to that "respect" thing?
nevetsthereaper
nevetsthereaper
641 posts
Nomad

hey now, i contributed, everyone needs the plucky comic releif. i joined a church you know, i was baptised and gece testament and everything, but i realised that if there is a god, i doubt he would really want me to pay money to receive his blessings, that seems a little petty for a god to be worrying about, i still beleive there is something more than this though, whether it be heaven or just spiritual enlightenment, or ascendment(stargate style)

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

much of what is stated isn't a bad moral code to live by.

From what I've read most of it seems to be rather bloody and violent with a few morals sprinkled in here and there, but even these often get contradicted.

Plus, much of the anti-gay sentiments are interpreted rather than clearly gay--except sodom and gommora that's hard to argue. I get the feeling that those sort of discriminatory attitudes come from the interpretation of the bible rather than the book itself.

I would say it's more cherry picking given the over all low number of verse directly mentioning homosexual behavior, but in each time it does condemn such behavior and even flat out says to kill those who engage in such acts.

i still beleive there is something more than this though, whether it be heaven or just spiritual enlightenment, or ascendment(stargate style)

Give me the proof and I will believe you. keep in mind things like the Bible says so, you just have to believe, and unverifiable personal experiences don't count.
nevetsthereaper
nevetsthereaper
641 posts
Nomad

shiz, death is a little harsh. what verse is that in.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

shiz, death is a little harsh. what verse is that in.

Which version of the Bible would you prefer?
Guess I will go with the two most popular version around here.

Leviticus 20:13
NIV
"'If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

KJV
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

(Waits for the bs CONTEXT! comments...)
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Oh yes there is also...

Romans 1:26-27

NIV
Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones.
In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

KJV
For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

And what's the Bibles idea of a penalty for such an act? well see post above ^...

nevetsthereaper
nevetsthereaper
641 posts
Nomad

bummer

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

yay ^.^. Atheism appears to be winning.

but that is quite interesting Mage, some of those really change the way god can be thought of O_O. where'd you find em??? ( yes i know its quoted )

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

yay ^.^. Atheism appears to be winning.

Logic and reason always win...

but that is quite interesting Mage, some of those really change the way god can be thought of O_O. where'd you find em??? ( yes i know its quoted )

You could probably google search to get them... I would personally use some of the sights I normally use, but these would be easy to find.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

It is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies.
-- Mark Twain, Letters From the Earth (1909?; published in 1962)

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

Since we were talking about stoning Gays earlier I thought I'd post a link to a list of actions which demand the death penalty in the Old Testament:

Please read it - it makes for an interesting list.

nevetsthereaper
nevetsthereaper
641 posts
Nomad

just because i said bummer doesn't mean im taking a side. theyre both dumb. personally, i just take lessons from both, and make up the rest as i go along.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

I usually go here when I need to reference the Bible quickly. It has the whole thing in a number of versions.
http://bible.cc/

I also own about 6-7 versions of the Bible.

I would just say to other people, read it before you make up your mind, and even if you have thoroughly made up your mind, read it anyway as a piece of literature.

That I definitely agree with. The Bible is one of the most sold and least read books in existence.
Showing 2836-2850 of 3094