ForumsWEPRHumanity...

332 109383
R1a2z3e4
R1a2z3e4
116 posts
Shepherd

Humans are the most intelligent species in the world, don't you agree ?
You and me are the best creatures made by the god, don't you agree ?

The god given us many things because he hope the humans I have created will go to the earth and will do many good things !

But see what is going on today's world, we are doing misuse of powers given us by the god, don't you agree ?

By seeing this a question is arsing in my mind = Is this the end of Humanity ?

What you think about this ? Can we prevent this ?

• 332 Replies
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Thus what I say is far from irrelevant.

On the contrary, it is completely irrelevant. The misunderstanding is all yours.

To "change the future" the phrase refers to "the probability we count out/expect to happen if no thing changes".

No. "Change " does not mean &quotrobability expected when assuming stasis".

Also currently it is impossible to prove that the thing we call "future" does not exist already.

Wrong. "Future" and &quotresent" are mutually exclusive by definition. Already existing would pertain to the present. Therefore, it is proven.

But I have to call your attention, this doesn't matter, as this question is not related to Humanity.

It relates to what R1a2z3e4 and 19912 believe "the god" to be capable of, which relates to the premise that humanity has a divine purpose which it betrays. Why are you contesting already settled points? In particular, why bring it up if you believe it to be unrelated to the topic?
R1a2z3e4
R1a2z3e4
116 posts
Shepherd

No. Do not argue with me on this. It is plainly evident.

As you wish sir but still it is not.

You don't know that.

I still don't know that but according to what our honorable teachers and parents says I have given that statement.

Wrong.
state â  feeling

I was taking it as feeling and I am still taking it as a felling.

The response you gave had no context. Therefore, it had no meaning. Therefore it was not rational.

I still don't understand therefore please explain.

No. I am telling you that the future does not change. To change something is to make it different from what it was before.
The future was not anything "before". It didn't exist "before". For the future, "before" means the present and the past.

Can you change your mind before you make any decisions? No.
Can you change your clothes before putting any on? No.
Can you change directions before you start moving? No.
Can you change a statement before you make it? No.
Can you change the future before it happens? No.

I will definetly clear my point but before this I would like to ask you this question :-

You want to say that future is fixed, pre-planed or pre-predicted?

Please answer the question in "Yes" or "No".

Do you believe that God created the universe and everything that was originally in it?

Do you believe that God could create perfect humans if He wanted to?

1. Yes, but I again say that we don't know that god is in existence or not.

2. Not "could" because he have created perfect humans.
Kennethhartanto
Kennethhartanto
241 posts
Constable

pardon me if i'm a bit out of subject, but why in the freaking hell do we need God to define humanity? isn't good and bad concepts of humanity are defined by humans, rather than gods. since we made morals and ethics and the ones enforcing it IS us not gods ( by definition, it meant that if you do, say rape 10 girls, the ones punishing you in earth is Humans). also, what relevance does god has in humanity in the first place? by reading their arguments, i deduced that both R1a2z3e4 and 19912 thinks that people with no humanity are the ones NOT following the rules of religion, rather than the ones NOT following the rules of society. by that definition, then all of atheists ARE not human, since they " have very little humanity on them that it is negligible", which is not logical

Wrong. "Future" and &quotresent" are mutually exclusive by definition. Already existing would pertain to the present. Therefore, it is proven.

i think what he meant that the future is very probabilistic, which meant what you do now affected the future. to tell you what i think they meant, let's say that i quit school now. my future will be more bleak and dark than if i chose to not quit school now. a second example to the matter : suppose that i have the choice to either continue typing this comment till6 o'clock, watch TV till 6 o'clock, or study for my exam which started next week till 6 o'clock. my "future 6 hours" will vary depending on what i chose now. maybe a bit irrelevant, but I'm just saying as a way to stop both sides of the argument from keep throwing hot arguments. so in a way, i think they are right to some extent, but so are you Fish.

Arguing over the contents of the bible has nothing to do with Humanity in this present time. so can all of you please stop arguing over what does this or that part of the bible says about what humans should do or if sacrifices is necessary or whatevs?
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

I still don't know that but according to what our honorable teachers and parents says I have given that statement.

Parents and teachers say it, therefore God wants it. Seems legit.

I was taking it as feeling and I am still taking it as a felling.

Why do you insist on equating &quotresent condition"/state with whatever you mean by "feeling"?

MageGrayWolf said: "There are those who think that god who gave us the Earth will soon give us another one so it's okay if we don't make this Earth last for the future."
You said: "This clearly indicates they have no humanity left in them."
FishPreferred said: "No, actually, it doesn't. It suggests only that they believe their actions are not ultimately detrimental to the Earth."
You said: "This also comes in "Humanity"."

They can't have "no humanity" and still fall under the category of "Humanity". Those positions are mutually exclusive, unless you're conflating definitions. Please define humanity to clear this up.

You can't give multiple options and then ask "yes" or "no".

2. Not "could" because he have created perfect humans.

Please define perfect.
Kennethhartanto
Kennethhartanto
241 posts
Constable

the entire question in itself is flawed, therefore it's not worth answering

Not "could" because he have created perfect humans.

Wrong, since if he HAD created perfect humans, then why do we need norms, ethics and rules in the first place? or are you saying that all humans are perfect in a way that they have no weakness whatsoever?

That does nothing to support your argument. please explain their logical reasoning as to why they said so and why they conform to your beliefs. don't forget as to explain why they don't negate your beliefs in this matter.
R1a2z3e4
R1a2z3e4
116 posts
Shepherd

i deduced that both R1a2z3e4 and 19912 thinks that people with no humanity are the ones NOT following the rules of religion, rather than the ones NOT following the rules of society

NOT following the rules or Religion (terrorism etc.), NOT following the rules of Society (raping etc.), NOT following the rules of the Nature (cutting trees etc.). You can say almost everything is NOT.
Humanity is other thing and believe in God is other thing.

You can't give multiple options and then ask "yes" or "no".

Okay.

Please define perfect.

I understand no one is perfect but here I mean we are more intelligent from other creatures made by the god on Earth. And here I am not saying that other creatures are not intelligent please don't make it a matter of argument.

Why do you insist on equating &quotresent condition"/state with whatever you mean by "feeling"?

and
They can't have "no humanity" and still fall under the category of "Humanity". Those positions are mutually exclusive, unless you're conflating definitions. Please define humanity to clear this up.

Humanity means the quality of being kind or establishing brotherhood with other people, animals, Nature etc. The emotion of feeling sad when seeing a person, animal or any other creature from suffering. The sadness which comes from the heart. The feeling which cannot be expressed by words but only by experience, that is humanity.
Moegreche
Moegreche
3,827 posts
Duke

I realise there's a language barrier here that can make the discussion difficult to follow. But those of you who are fluent speakers of English need to do two things:
1) Give charitable readings of your opponents. I mean this in a very robust sense. If something they say seems contradictory, try to put it into terms that aren't. Try to make sense of a particular question (I'll give an example below) instead of outright attacking it. Otherwise, the dialectic goes nowhere and it's no fun for anyone.
2) When giving responses, try to put things into simpler terms. Otherwise you run the risk of being misinterpreted or just not understood altogether. The ability to put things into accessible language is an important skill.

Now this is a good example of a charitable interpretation.

This person is clearly (to me, at least) asking whether you think that the future is fixed/determined. In other words, are you a fatalist about the future? This seems to be a relevant question since, if fatalism is true, there is no point in changing out present behaviour to affect a different outcome at some later time.

Another interesting point:

Intuitively, this seems right. But it's difficult to say what we mean by 'exists' when it comes to time. The view here - that only the present is real - is but one of three popular views regarding the ontology of time. The three are:

Presentism: The view that only the present is real (the past and future may be 'real' on this view, but in a different sort of way - whatever that means).
'Growing block': The past and present are both real, but not the future. Thus the real is a sort of growing block (and thus the name of the view).
Eternalism: The past, present, and future are all real in the same sense. Fatalists adopt this view, so the above quote about what part of time exists actually begs the question against the fatalism position. (see D.C. Williams, "The Myth of Passage" and Richard Taylor's numerous articles on fatalism for arguments for this view).

The question of God's existence and His properties becomes a real issue at this point about whether we even can 'change the future'.
Kennethhartanto
Kennethhartanto
241 posts
Constable

NOT following the rules or Religion (terrorism etc.), NOT following the rules of Society (raping etc.), NOT following the rules of the Nature (cutting trees etc.). You can say almost everything is NOT.
Humanity is other thing and believe in God is other thing.

may i ask in what way this response really relates to my last opinion? i just can't see in what why does it relates

and?

he wants you to explain the reason as to why you take such stance. so can you please answer him? I'm curious as to how you would reply to the question.

Humanity means the quality of being kind or establishing brotherhood with other people, animals, Nature etc. The emotion of feeling sad when seeing a person, animal or any other creature from suffering. The sadness which comes from the heart. The feeling which cannot be expressed by words but only by experience, that is humanity.

you forgot the subject of those "qualities" which define humanity. without a subject, which is humans, you can say that just about any animal (especially mammals) has humanity. also your definition does nothing to enlighten me about as to why in this part......

MageGrayWolf said: "There are those who think that god who gave us the Earth will soon give us another one so it's okay if we don't make this Earth last for the future."
FishPreferred said: "No, actually, it doesn't. It suggests only that they believe their actions are not ultimately detrimental to the Earth."

you said that you weren't at fault of self-negating argument. so please enlighten me?
R1a2z3e4
R1a2z3e4
116 posts
Shepherd

may i ask in what way this response really relates to my last opinion? i just can't see in what why does it relates

I was just clarifying your point.

and?

I think you have made a little misunderstanding sir. My one answer gives the answer of his two questions.

you forgot the subject of those "qualities" which define humanity. without a subject, which is humans, you can say that just about any animal (especially mammals) has humanity. also your definition does nothing to enlighten me about as to why in this part......

Its a matter of common sense because "humanity" word is only for humans therefore the word "Humanity" is derived from the word "Humans".

That does nothing to support your argument. please explain their logical reasoning as to why they said so and why they conform to your beliefs. don't forget as to explain why they don't negate your beliefs in this matter.

As sir EmperorPalpatine said "Parents and teachers say it, therefore God wants it. Seems legit and also because this is written in some religious books. And I think that the God have send us on the Earth to do good works.

you said that you weren't at fault of self-negating argument. so please enlighten me?

I am very sorry I don't understand.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Its a matter of common sense because "humanity" word is only for humans therefore the word "Humanity" is derived from the word "Humans".

Little correction in your argument: "The word Humanity is derived from the word Human, therefore it is only for humans".

In my opinion, the only way the word humanity is restricted to humans is when you say "humanity" as in "the totality of all humans" (which is another use of this word). But when saying humanity as in "being humane", it is an attribute qualifying someones acts, and as I see it animals can also act humanely.
This implies that humans can act humanely or not without losing the attribute of being human. Being humane is not a necessity for being human.

As sir EmperorPalpatine said "Parents and teachers say it, therefore God wants it. Seems legit

I think he was being sarcastic...
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

animals can also act humanely

Playing devils advocate, what is an example of this?
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I was just pointing out that since I think being humane is based on acts, not on origin, other animals also have the possibility of being humane, not only us.

Of course, there are actual examples. Usually among social animals, which makes sense. But even a predator can be humane, in the context of the accusations against some humans that were made here. A predator will of course kill its prey, but it usually does not torture it.
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

But...I just did.

Yes, no, and no; in that order.

To use Moegreche's interpretation, I do not believe that every action has the same outcome. I am saying that the outcome is not changed by the action that is taken, because the action is what makes the outcome in the first place.

1. Yes, but I again say that we don't know that god is in existence or not.

2. Not "could" because he have created perfect humans

Okay, so according to your belief:
God created the universe and everything in it according to His plan.
God is all-knowing.
God created perfect humans to do His bidding.

Therefore, God knowingly orchestrated all of the corruption and cruelty in the world. Humans are doing exactly what He wants them to.

That is the definition of "Humaneness", which is something very different but looks almost like the same word. Humanity and humaneness have the same root, but they are not the same.

I've seen video footage of wild horses, in which an adult euthanizes a crippled newborn.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

As sir EmperorPalpatine said "Parents and teachers say it, therefore God wants it. Seems legit

That was sarcasm. That's not how logic works. Parents and teachers can be wrong. I've had a teacher say that the sky was blue because it reflects off the ocean.

and also because this is written in some religious books.

There are religious books in which deities desire sacrifices or other disturbing things. Which ones are you following?

You've defined humanity as essentially "being kind and showing empathy"
If they have none, how does "This also comes in "Humanity""?

You've defined it beyond that scope. You're conflating definitions. Equivocation. Switch-referencing.
Kennethhartanto
Kennethhartanto
241 posts
Constable

I think you have made a little misunderstanding sir. My one answer gives the answer of his two questions.

still don't get the gist about the reason as to why you take such stance. don't run away from the question

and also because this is written in some religious books. And I think that the God have send us on the Earth to do good works.

you said SOME religious books don't you? then some books are conflicting with your supposed religious beliefs about god wants it right? and where is your argument as to why God sent us to earth to do "Great Things"? if god (Christian god) really sent us to earth to do great works, then why do you think there are multiple religions with multiple gods? (What i meant is why the world doesn't consist of only 1 unifying religion, but multiple religion with multiple gods and each with different beliefs. if God really sent us to do great works then why doesn't he just create a world inhabited by devout Christians? after all, He IS all powerful right ?).

Parents and teachers say it, therefore God wants it.

for a millionth time, please dig their rational explanation as to why they take such stance. humans can be wrong, you said it yourself that "i understand that no god is perfect", so why do you just assume that they are right about that? what if they are wrong?

ok then let me explain it very slowly:

when Wolf says that, you say that they have no humanity in them.and then mysteriously and magically.....................

BAM!!!!! the person that doesn't has humanity in the previous comment have humanity now. this is your self negating argument as both your 1st and 2nd comment cancel out each other. your definition doesn't clarify that point either, as you said that humanity is the quality to being kind to other person,animals etc. As the person in question doesn't have those quality, then he doesn't have any humanity. so why does that person comes in humanity ? answer that
Showing 241-255 of 332