ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Garlic Appreciation Club

78431 47069772
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,431 Replies
ScoobySnax
ScoobySnax
29 posts
Scribe

60. Not sure if I would want to change my username or not, but there currently isn't a way for me to get up to 250 quests anyway. I was hoping to get back up to Bard rank again, but it's doubtful that's going to happen. I'll guess we'll wait and see if the old flash game quests return someday. Guess I'll give the String Theory games a go.

meaosome
meaosome
155 posts
Scribe

61. Oops! I don't have the 250 quests I need... (I have 245) That was embarrassing. Oh well, I guess I'll just ask a mod anyway. The site is well past its prime, so the problem should lie mostly with finding a moderator to change it. Also, just a warning not to B2B.

ismael6
ismael6
108 posts
Baron

62. Can someone explain how we will still be able to play flash games?

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

63. I would never change my AG name lol.
to answer your question, Ruffle.

sciller45
sciller45
2,856 posts
Justiciar

2^6 aka 64 I would also never change my name. Well, maybe to Sciller4... But nah, "Scitler45" (Fusion of Sciller45, Hitler, and 1945 - three very good things) doesn't really work with just a 4.

To further expand on your question, AG will work using Ruffle, but it'll take a "few months" (according to RUffle FAQ) until the newer, Actionscript 3 games are supported. Until then, you have NG player and flashpoint.

ScoobySnax
ScoobySnax
29 posts
Scribe

65. Speaking of Ruffle, has anyone had Ruffles brand potato chips/crisps? They're pretty good but sometimes a bit more pricey than standard non crinkle cut brands.

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

66. Ruffles are nice, although I don't think as good as just lays. It's a bit of weird name for an emulator software.

sciller45
sciller45
2,856 posts
Justiciar

67. Ruffles? We don't have those here. Don't think we had Lays and Doritos until just 3-4 years back. Unless you're talking about the wavy design. But when it comes to ridges, I say, go hard or go home.

Software can have weird names now? I just thought that in the land of Bings, Googles and Gloops, Gits and Gifs, we've evolved past names that make sense. The only name I can think of as non-fitting are the ones in the vein of:
"The Adventures of Stoke Mandeville, Astronaut and Gentleman: Tales of SCIENCE and HEROISM for all the Family Except Ladies Episode One: Stoke Mandeville meets Graham Pennyworth, the alter-ego of Carstairs Macdonald and together, they foil the machinations of the dastardly French super-spy"

I really wish I could make up such names, but alas.

RebelGamer_98
RebelGamer_98
347 posts
Treasurer

68. I think that it's fine to name software weird names since they're not people and therefore, don't have feelings. And yet there are people out there who give their children names like Moon Unit and X Æ A-XII. (And there are still people who say that my name, Elisabeth, is strange because of its spelling.)

ScoobySnax
ScoobySnax
29 posts
Scribe

69. @RebelGamer_98 I actually used to know someone named Elisabeth with an "s" instead of a "z". I feel bad for kids that are named "Abcde" and the parents just claim it's pronounced "Absity" or whatever. Let's not even get started with those that have the same first AND last name like Tommy Thomas, or Mike Michael.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

1. In Germany someone tried to name his kid "Ding"="Thing" (and no, it was not a tribute to the Comic), another one came up with "Das Teil" (also a dismissive kind of "That Thing&quot, but these were rejected.
On the other hand parents was able to name their girl "Wolkenfrieden" ~ "Cloud Peace", they say "inspired by natice americans"... well, the surname is still "Müller"... "Wolkenfieden Müller". Or "Ikea" as first name... that's also OK...

RebelGamer_98
RebelGamer_98
347 posts
Treasurer

1. Okay, I am not allowing myself to get mad over this.

ScoobySnax
ScoobySnax
29 posts
Scribe

2. Was it something I posted on 69. that got this back to start over? Vastly confused about that. No wonder this is considered an insane quest or whatever.

sciller45
sciller45
2,856 posts
Justiciar

3. No, it's nothing you posted on 69 - nice, (Internet law #69, I am obligated to say "nice" ) don't worry.

I remember being friends with a kid named "Luke Lukas" (anglicized) in eighth grade. I suppose my name could count, as it's quite feminine when anglicized. I just comfort myself saying that if John Wayne could live with it, so could I.

Now, one of the most unusual names I've heard of is actually just because it's so usual. A half-Indian guy called "John Smith". Just imagine going to a nightclub...
You walk up to the door guy, he asks for your ID. "Oh, really. Your name is "John Smith", huh?"
Say you meet a girl at a bar, and now the only way not to set off red flags by seeming like you're giving a fake name is to give a fake name.
Not to mention constantly getting mixed up and having your credit card charged or thought you were a criminal.
So, he took his mother's maiden name.

It is an insane quest, but it *is* a h... harder... But it *is* a-harder than it used to be. 7 wins in 2017, 3 in 2019. I'm still offering to sprint. That's when three of us get together and decide to rush it!

In other news, I had my very first dream about the forums. And of all things, my brain decided to dream of a swanky new dark redesign with fixed page numbers, and a minimalist white AG logo on top. My brain does have good taste.

RebelGamer_98
RebelGamer_98
347 posts
Treasurer

4. I haven't had forum dreams before. However, I'm guessing that's something that only happens after three years or so of being on the forums. Should I expect to start dreaming about the AG forums in 2023? Anyway, my family went to Mass today. I didn't as I did not feel well (I feel better now). So I watched Catholic Mass on Facebook. It wasn't our church - this church was in Manhattan, KS at Kansas State University - but I liked this church as their priests make their sermons relatable and engaging. Our current priest...not so much.

As for the story with the half Indian guy with the name of John Smith, I honestly wouldn't find it weird for him to have the last name Smith. (Though it may be because my country's often called "a melting pot".) A couple of people have assumed that I'm German considering that I have a German last name and I have the round, German face. However, despite my German ancestry, I tell these people that I was born and raised in the US. Plus, I don't speak any German except for a few basic words/phrases.

Showing 75691-75705 of 78431