ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Story Time

78491 48805037
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,491 Replies
sciller45
sciller45
2,861 posts
Justiciar

14. Let's be honest, none of you would live long enough to try melon without "water".

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

15. Every fruit is mostly water but watermelons and strawberries consist of 92% of it.

hirasthegamer
hirasthegamer
77 posts
Bard

14. You can travel in time? You have 2 options! Travel in the past but without the ability to come back in this time or travel in future with the ability to come back!
What do you chose?
I chose travel in the past! Imagine this situation, you go to the park and you see a freaking maniac cuting other people you quickly rewind time when you are at home! SEcond situation.
You are on exam and you were to lazy to study you just do all answers random! Tomorow teacher says the right answers(Don't forget to rite the answers on a piece of paper learn these answers because the piece of pape will be gone) you rewind time to yesterday and rite all these answers corecctly! Sure you will have to live that day again but I think that is not a huge problem.
I need to run somewhere so sorry for gramatical errors :0

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

1. Restart because @hirasthegamer didn't check next page.
There are problems with traveling back in time: You are duplicating yourself. The only two ways of avoiding this would be by killing your past self or making sacrifice yourself after creating the changes. Also, contacting in any way with your past self (or influencing the world in similar extent), you would change the course of events that already happened - before you used time machine. So here are time travel paradoxes. By traveling back in time, you either create another universe, or you are rewinding the whole universe, but without the ability of changing anything in it - it all happened and has to happen again, the same way as before. But in the second case you are in a time loop - your past self will go back in time in the same moment if you can't influence his choice or the machine.

Ntech
Ntech
257 posts
Shepherd

2. Time travel is impossible. Time is a concept, nothing more. As such, things that have happened cannot be reversed.

sciller45
sciller45
2,861 posts
Justiciar

3. Wait doesn't "things that have happened cannot be reversed" prove the fact that time isn't a concept, but rather a real thing? I mean, if time stopped existing right now, we would all be frozen and unable to do anything or even think. Anyways, I'm asking: Isn't time a "real thing we know exists, but don't really know how or what" more than a "Time is a concept we know more about, but it doesn't exist"?

NietzTheBlitz
NietzTheBlitz
622 posts
Marquis

4. But maybe the answer lies in both? Time is real but is also concept?
Like think of it, humanity named time "time" and gave it a few rules, it was made so we can keep track of what has and is happening, so we can think of it as a general notion made by humans and is widely accepted by everyone (or idk, is there a society for no-timers too? lol).
But time is also real since things happen, things are being created, things grow, things decay, and it's all because one moment passes on to the next moment and passes on to the next and so forth... and we just happened to call those passing moments "time", each of those passing moments are true and even without humans, it happens.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

5. @sciller45, if there is a game I can play in the FGs, I am playing it. Your advice in small text size does not matter to me.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

6. Time is a man-made concept, yes, but created to measure in a standardized way the passing cycles (I think that's more accurate word than "moments" ) around us. Units of time come from natural cycles and their parts, like orbiting and turning of the Earth and orbiting of the Moon. Time travelling is definitely not possible for other reasons than time being a concept. What I've said before is just a drop in the ocean of its paradoxes. Time poses the 4th dimension of the world around us, one on which axis we move only in one direction, at a fixed speed and without the ability of changing both the speed and the direction. So there's no way of reversing any of the previous cycles.

Nevertheless, there are some cool Sci-Fi ideas. Also Sciller yes, MAYBE there is something more to passing cycles that we don't yet know that might revolutionize our perspective or even extend the control over time. I mean think how enormous is the universe. So enormous that it might be said that: there is no thing that does not exist

hirasthegamer
hirasthegamer
77 posts
Bard

6. Sorry for not checking the next page
Everyone here are Elon Musks?

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

1. Double 6 = restart. Oh man... It's good to refresh right before posting. There are ninjas waiting in the shadows.

hirasthegamer
hirasthegamer
77 posts
Bard

2. I screwed up many many times now

Ntech
Ntech
257 posts
Shepherd

4. Carpe diem! Deo Gratias!

sciller45
sciller45
2,861 posts
Justiciar

5. @Ntech Please a) you must write in English and b) write more than 7 words. Otherwise, this can be seen as spam and can disqualify a successful count!

@funguy161 Working again? What happened there?

abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

6. Ugh... Why can't we just count to 100 already?

Showing 71956-71970 of 78491