ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Mods Allowed To Count

78377 46087895
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,377 Replies
sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

3. What happened on ash Wednesday again? I think Jesus fasted in the desert for 40 days. Eh, I ain't Jesus. I'm giving deserts up for lent, thank you.

Ha, get it? Because people usually give desserts up and I gave up deserts? No? No. OK then.

Maybe I'll catch up with you once I watch magnificent seven. It's just coming on the medieval television. What's a television? I don't know! But the puppets are wierdly hypnotic.

AmyClyne
AmyClyne
136 posts
Princess

4. I remember joining an exhibition about the people from other worlds showcasing their creation and weird machinery and the likes, some people speculate that this thing "Television" or TV as they called it is like a scrying glass that let you see things from a distance but much more complicated! Other more "futuristic" races as they call themselves, have even more compact ones.

How these "television" works is like magic yet they aren't going to tell us what's behind this sort of magic. Scrying magic requires magic to maintain the observation, yet they said you need one "receiver" (The explanation is too confusing to put it here) or input, the "television" as output and some electricity (Were they trying to say some fancier lightning magic?).

I would never know for sure, but it was a rare exhibition that was held in the Palace of Valor in the City of Solus.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

5. ^ An interesting conception… Though, it sounds like some jiggery-pokery. Next you’re going to tell us ‘Televizion’ has a global range thanks to some senders in the endless skies, I mean come ooon, I bet they are scams. And I see Solus Sciller prospers well, he got his own city now?

Guess I have to name our phoenix. She’s a hatchling yet… I mean ashling. But she’s gonna be grandiose when she grows up, so I call her Mozilla! No wait, that sounds weird… Sparkles is thy name!

In short what Bob told us and what we see: Azure Eye is an oasis that hosts a settlement (size like Huacachina). A thicket of palm trees surrounds the azure lake. The whole oasis is hidden between high dunes. Around 100 people used to live here. They’re sustained by plenty of water and fruits of and trade with nomadic merchants, like Bob. Water in the oasis is magical and it restores its level over nights if small amounts were used. Drinking it elongates lifespan and gives immunity to diseases. And it draws unwanted attention. *dun dun duuuuun*

Magic potion corporation wanna lay their hands on all the magic water. They hire mercenaries, AKA bandits. Through the raids less than a third of the lake is left. Bandits use elephants and camels to carry vats. They also already robbed anything costly, murdered those who tried to resist, and enslaved those who were caught. 30 people still live in their scorched houses. Those villagers that stayed just run away every time their scout alarms raiders’ return.

Villagers can’t pay us anything, but they need help! They need heroes!!

On next turn I’ll check their morale, skills and maybe help with fortifications.

kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Duchess

6. Ohhh, magical water... I'm surprised it hasn't attracted any magical creature yet. We should be careful. I'll cast a spell to see if I can localize the bandits' lair.
Heads = spell works
LocalizeTheLair = Tails

COIN RESULTS
LocalizeTheLair
Tails
PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

7. Oopsie, Televizion was an awkward typo. PL can spell normal words like vision. And good idea with coin flip.

Kali didn’t manage to localize bandits’ safe house. It must be very hard on the dunes :-/ Bad guys also might use magic barriers to prevent such attempts. We could catch one bandit and ‘interview’ him instead.

Villagers are hungry, exhausted and frightened, but our arrival gave them fresh hopes. They told me about evil mages and “hand cannons” (whatever those are) that accompany the raiders. I asked them about their weapons and all they could muster were tools and composite bows, with which they’re quite skilled.

We build barricades on top of surrounding dunes.
Heads = we’ve got enough materials
RocksAndLumber = Heads

COIN RESULTS
RocksAndLumber
Heads
charlesjoseph
charlesjoseph
287 posts
Herald

sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

8. Ohh, boy. Not only is it just a number, it's edited, too.

Anyways, before I'm too late, I'd like to quietly celebrate something. @abcdragon66 . No idea if you'll see this, but if you do, happy birthday. Cheers.

*Takes a big gulp straight out of the bottle*

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

9. Many happy returns, Dragon! I’d like to give you Sparkles as a gift, if you’d have her. *said PL, holding the phoenix chicklet in a fireproof glove*

@Kalisenpai @Abcdragon66 @AmyClyne

Happy Women’s Day for our CT100 girls! Wishing you a beautiful day

https://besthqwallpapers.com/Uploads/20-4-2018/49153/thumb2-red-roses-drops-on-petals-buds-red-roses-romance-beautiful-bouquet.jpg

AmyClyne
AmyClyne
136 posts
Princess

10. Thank you @PLGuy for the flowers young man. We will be sure to have a beautiful year by the blessings of the goddess <3

kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Duchess

11. Ohhhh, so sweet of you, @PLGuy!
A new baby pet, flowers... could this day get better?

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

12. My pleasure
Better day? For example AG could hand you merit-flowers for being so awesome, dear ladies XD

Kali, you could care for baby phoenix, ABC didn't answer anything so she probably doesn't want her as gift. But IDK what it should eat, tried many things and it ate only coal so far.

kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Duchess

13. I'm pretty sure this baby phoenix will love some sweet lava and sulfur, don't ya lil burning bird? I hope Alazare and Sparkles get on well... Both are so cute!

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

14. I’m sure they do You are the best mommy for them, Madame Kali. I brought Sparkles some sulfur. And here are a few Soul Stones from uncle PL, so Alazare won’t be sad he didn’t get a treat.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

1. No way, I did it again! How could this happen?! Restart due to B2B.

On the bright side, we have a fresh start, and we can catch up quickly.

kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Duchess

2. Oh, a B2B, I guess that's our curse, my dear King @PLGuy
So, what's up next?
Btw, I'm on discord if anybody wants to join

Showing 73786-73800 of 78377