ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Mods Allowed To Count

78377 46088926
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,377 Replies
TheFatRabbit
TheFatRabbit
40 posts
Shepherd

26. @sciller45 I don't know "We Didn't Start the Fire". I don't know songs well.

Hunter902
Hunter902
243 posts
Scribe

27. @sciller45 Billy Joel is AMAZING, he was my idol when I was little

kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Duchess

28. @TheFatRabbit then shall we introduce you to music? It'd be a marvelous experience!

AmyClyne
AmyClyne
136 posts
Princess

29. I haven't been here for the loooongest time. wo-oahh, for the longest time.

sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

30. Well, in that case, we'll have to take you on an adventure into the past. You might think we'll begin with Rock. Nope. We won't begin with swing, blues, Romanticism, Classicism, Baroque, The Renaissance nor the middle ages.

We'll begin with the very famous Grog and the Sticks. Man, what an underrated band. I still find myself jamming to the sound of rocks banging together.

Welcome back @AmyClyne ! Nice to see some old new faces around.

Oh, and @armorplayergc I actually meant the 1920s. You know, the roaring 20s, but without the great depression at the end.

kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Duchess

31. 1920s? Does that mean... swiiiiiiiiing ????? yessss

Hunter902
Hunter902
243 posts
Scribe

32. @kalisenpai I haven't heard that one before but after taking a listen, I feel that it was good because of the narcissistic view this person has on others even if it is through her dream state.

How about "Wild Child" by The Doors?

sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

33. Swiiiiiiiiiing?

Swing got off in the 30s and 40s. I mean jazz. There are plenty of compilations on youtube. Albeit, electro swing is still better than no swing at all.

And by the way, I'm here.

disastermaster30
disastermaster30
302 posts
Prince

34. So... count to 100 died again huh?

Bears_Bears_Bears
Bears_Bears_Bears
107 posts
Regent

35. Negative. the count has turned into a guessing game as tow here sciller is on vacation. I;m going with Rome

kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Duchess

36. I just don't know what to say right now.

sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

37. Oh, for Christ's sake. I told you, I'm not in Rome or Greece, but in Croatia.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g295373-****_Istria-Vacations.html

No need for all the fuss. Now I just gotta figure out in what language is **** a swear word.
What does it mean, anyways? Is it some kinda weird, twisted, back-end development joke?

Hunter902
Hunter902
243 posts
Scribe

38. @kalisenpai Niether do I. To be honest I just sit here contemplating what I should say and just don't end up saying anything...

Bears_Bears_Bears
Bears_Bears_Bears
107 posts
Regent

39. Very meta to talk about not knowing what to talk about. Like when writers write about having writer's block. What to write about? Write about not knowing what to write about.

sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

40. Well, we can't write about now knowing what to write about, despite the fact that then we'll know what to talk about. I don't know what talking about now knowing what to talk about can reach into topics other than not knowing what to talk about.

God, writing this is giving me a headache.

Can we make up a story as we go? Like, everyone writes a paragraph. Just like that annoying kid (or technically adult) from little lamplight

Showing 74461-74475 of 78377