analytics and serving ads.
Forums → Forum Games → Count to 100: Challenge of Endurance
The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!
HOW TO PLAY
1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) posts if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden posts if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.
No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.
COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".
Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!
bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.
2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.
USERS - 45 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2
LAST TWO WINS
44. 100! - October 11, '19 at 08:58 am, 10 users, 23 days 20 hours 57 minutes.
sciller45 (3), charlesjoseph , disastermaster30, Bears Bears Bears, robsob20061017, Yellowcat , Hunter902 , armorplayergc , bensonbeagle, meaosome
45. 100! - May 09, '20 at 00:03 am, 13 users, 50 days 6 hours 5 minutes.
disastermaster30 (1), RebelGamer_98, Bears_Bears_Bears , red303 , Yellowcat (1), armorplayergc , ismael6, sciller45 (3), Hunter902 , akshobhya , GhostOfMatrix , lozerfac3, SpiritTaker
- 77,007 Replies
34. It's a real pity that it's slowly dying and shrinking.
35. Don't forget coral bleaching.
36. I once heard from a marine biologist, who went to the Pacific Ocean to study how the environmental problems have affected the sea, that the so-called "lastic sea" is not as big or as impressive as we've been told.
Now, is it because we have cleaned our seas or because we, as human beings, are unable to tell a single truth?
37. You mean the "garbage patches" that people say appear in the Pacific? And regarding your question, I believe we either completely miss things that have a great impact on our world (ie. The extinction of animals vital for ecosystems like some mangroves and otters) or blow them out of proportions (ie. Ebola, rabies in england).
38. Sciller45, I think you are bang on right, which is so so sad.
39. Regarding the 'plastic sea', most of the trash in the ocean groups together in massive clumps and most of it is not visible from the surface, so it can be difficult to tell, especially by just looking at pictures, how much there actually is.
Here's a great Nat Geo article and you can check out the studies they reference: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2015/01/150109-oceans-plastic-sea-trash-science-marine-debris/
40. Wow, Yellowcat, that's an interesting read. Nat Geo really has some great stuff out there.
41. This is making me think about all the animals that have gone extinct because of us, humans, I will never in my life see. OK, I think we should switch the theme to something lighter.
42. Back to HoneyBoo! You better Redneckizeeeee!
43. The Earth needs another K-T style asteroid impact to give it a nice reboot and free it from our tyranny. I wonder how the survivors evolutionary routine would run this time?
44. The world is dying fast enough that it'll end, and possible be able to restart, without an asteroid. The sun would expand and fry the entire planet before evolution could even hope to do anything over again.
45. That's an interesting proposal... The asteroid would have to be able to kill all or most humans while not destroying too many other critical species...
46. I liked the new Blade Runner.
46. I suppose so. Microevolution, among genera and such, would be able to revive the world back to a relatively similar, yet less actively dying, state. Maybe if the asteroid killed everyone except those who do not use detrimental technology much, that would be sufficient. Either way, I hope that doesn't happen because that would still be sad. Also, WWIII would probably suffice to do that, frankly.
1. Oh, the curse of not refreshing the page every single moment. My apologies. :/
You must be logged in to post a reply!