ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Mods Allowed To Count

78407 46513228
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,407 Replies
AmyClyne
AmyClyne
136 posts
Princess

25. @PLGuy Which game you're talking about? Book of Unwritten tales cost money and I haven't considered buying it yet. I might have missed out some games you said before, so clear me up.

As for the quest to climb to the next rank is very hard, I have to decide whether or not playing horror games is worth the points. Because not many horror games are long, they tend to be very easy to finish, and it is considered easy points. Yet the problem lies in the nightmares you will get and possibly haunts you from time to time. I do have some scary stuffs pop into my mind when I am careless enough to think of it.

kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Duchess

26. @AmyClyne I have the same issues with horror games. My solution: use a walkthrough and listen to some happy songs while playing it. I won my horror games quests like that.

dragonmaster10902
dragonmaster10902
660 posts
Jester

27. @PLGuy,

They… we don’t live long enough to see the negative impact = no way to take responsibility for ruining the nature.
I think we clearly do recognize and are trying to take responsibility for our race's stupidity. It doesn't always go as quickly as we (or @AmyClyne and her elf kin) would like, but it's happening just the same.
Oh, and Amy, quick advice if you decide to do the horror games (not telling you which way to go, but if you do): scroll through the comments a ways before you play. If there's anything about a jump-scare or something similar, make note of it and prep yourself, maybe look away when you know it's coming.
Also, totally random, but what's everybody's favorite Christmas gift this year? Mine's gotta be the Nintendo Switch and the games that came with.
kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Duchess

28. @PLGuy I forgot to answer you before (sry about that).

I use Google to look up for things during a conversation. But so as like my whole family.

Welp, in my family, there's the rule that no one shall use the phone (unless an emergency) during dinner. That way, we all enjoy each other company

what's everybody's favorite Christmas gift this year?

@dragonmaster10902
I still haven't received any gifts! In Spain, we receive gifts the 6th of January (because of the Three Wise Men). Santa Claus is not that big here, though some families give the children their gifts in Christmas so that they can play wih them. But it's not that common.
PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

29. @dragonmaster It was in the meaning: take responsibility = see exactly what you’ve done and live or die knowing that. I didn't mean units who take responsibility. I meant all the ironic revenge performed by ecosystem itself. Also (for better contrast and less boredom...) I use the age of industry POV. The outcome was even more delayed, vision more blurred and thus presents for future generations. Unlike in case of Oppenheimer's more-temperamental invention and the like.

@AmyClyne I saw some Elven Princesses in games set in the Middle Earth, but I bet you could find some cuter games about that. But I don’t play too cute games in general.

@kalisenpai It’s not that bad with that here either. On Xmas phones are also for wishes, we talk a lot too. And we’ve got this vice versa – on Epiphany we don’t give/receive gifts, on 6th and 24th December we do.

AmyClyne
AmyClyne
136 posts
Princess

30. @PLGuy Hmm, I would love if there's link to it. Maybe I am a bit too much of a fan of elven archery.. <3

I would be on a trip for a few days, so if there is internet access over there, bless me and my life so I get to chat more c:

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

31. @AmyClyne I played those games ages ago. The Elven Princess in LoTR is called Arwen Undomiel. IDK if they put her in any new games. Those I played are old, not the best graphics. But I totally fell in love with her after seeing this picture:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/0a/f5/c9/0af5c917bae090ad49719d0fe310f976.jpg

Farewell, Princess Amy. May the Eternal Siblings, Sun and Moon illuminate your path, wherever it leads, wherever you pace ever so lightly. May the magic of nature nourish your body, mind and soul.

FireDragonWarrior2
FireDragonWarrior2
34 posts
Herald

kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Duchess

32. I'm just gonna ignore the last post, as it should be considered as spam (because it only contains a number)

No "spamming". Spamming is posting nothing but the number or posting gibberish with the number. Simply posting numbers means you are not participating in the community. Count to 100 is a community effort.

^If anyone had any doubt...

Changing topics, I modified a bit my bio. Now it's mostly lyrics XD

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

33. Those are some madly good lyrics, Kali! Just still have to listen to the songs tomorrow to enjoy the whole spectrum and understand fully the message behind the words

(Psst... Watch out for B2B)
And so CT100 was kinda dead once again. And no one was content by this fact. Almost no one.

AmyClyne
AmyClyne
136 posts
Princess

34. Had to say something while I have the chance of getting internet here :x The sea breeze is nice, the pizza is nice, and I wonder what to say for now.. Perhaps a Q & A is what I needed :3

kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Duchess

35. Idk what to say until @PLGuy or other person tell me if they like the songs or not XD. So, potatoes!

sciller45
sciller45
2,855 posts
Justiciar

36. Really? It seemed to me it's a tad bit more alive than before.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

37. @kalisenpai Florence's voice is amazing. I heard it before but didn't put much attention. The lyrics are about love, about ups and downs. Not my usual listening, but still they're hella good, just as whole songs. Great job with handpicking them

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

38. I'm sorry to have to tell you this, PL, but Florence is a place in Italy. If Florence is talking to you, you need some help.

Showing 73141-73155 of 78407