ForumsQuestsMultishop Tycoon Quests

36 47646
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Ever think you're a sales and marketing expert? Prove and show your skill in Multishop Tycoon with these Quests!

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15899/media/icon/5ef544abbe3f3c5d9289de03823499d6.png?v=1400860996&vv=1403285796
The Starter
Pass the first month (15 days) in Normal Mode.
Hardness: Easy

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15899/media/icon/3c7d00c394d54f658badf71aa9e26317.png?v=1400861023&vv=1403285822
Marketing Rookie
Sell 30 goods a day in Normal Mode.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15899/media/icon/80c8b3af33e26732adc5217d46cc4229.png?v=1400861126&vv=1403285849
Start to be Rich
Have a balance of 20,000.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15899/media/icon/81c46eafc1781b656188b25ded8ae107.png?v=1400861153&vv=1403285888
The New Gold
Have 5000 Company Assets Value in Normal Mode.
Hardness: Medium

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15899/media/icon/40c75a8e0bc167082c18ec3bd3e1442b.png?v=1400861182&vv=1403285924
Marketing Champion
Sell 120 goods a day in Normal Mode.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15899/media/icon/d3909fb0a73e8f11e98770b14951681e.png?v=1400861222&vv=1403285965
Smart Profit Maker
Get a profit of 10,000 gold a day in Normal Mode

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15899/media/icon/9bcf91dc8d663a43730607f367b3b98a.png?v=1400861258&vv=1403285988
Incredible Money Digger
Get an income of 20,000 gold a day in Normal Mode.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15899/media/icon/422d399ae067bbf875011d04a8bd5a95.png?v=1400861305&vv=1403286069
The King of Marketing
Sell 200 goods a day in Sprint Mode.
Hardness: Hard

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15899/media/icon/9d71dadf693db626cf92c3c226c5f772.png?v=1400861434&vv=1403286104
Yes, I am a Tycoon
Get a profit of 5,000 gold a day in Sprint Mode.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15899/media/icon/c89d27e5628c5c9c4efa6c8c4cb5b958.png?v=1400861477&vv=1403286134
Hardcore Businessman
Get Income 10,000 gold a day in Sprint Mode.

• 36 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I've always been good at selling and advising people, but... marketing? (Oo)
We'll see if I can bring this one home to the bank then! =)

PHLHimself
PHLHimself
300 posts
King

I just can't seem to hit Smart Profit Maker and Incredible Money Digger. Always a few 500 bucks short...

I want to get those before I start with sprint mode.
I can't seem to optimalize my beach area (everything is imo maxed out in the other areas on sat/sun) so if I could just get those prices right there I'm gonna get those quests.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

@PHLHimself: Buy the best car and sell lots of lobster on the beach and ship areas.

PHLHimself
PHLHimself
300 posts
King

@Gantic

Cool, I didn't know the lobsters were effective in that area, got both my medals in the next day. Sweet

Now it's time for sprint mode which I think will be a timed mode.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Not my kind of game... ill skip this^^

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Does anyone know how to unlock the sprint mode quests? I don't see how it's possible given the overhead costs and the low profit margins.

bakkart
bakkart
636 posts
Prince

Is matching products with areas just a guessing game? That is, is there anything in-game that would tell you that lobster is good for the beach, for example?

PHLHimself
PHLHimself
300 posts
King

Trying to figure them out as well. I got somewhere around 110 sales max to get even when I take a loan which I didn't repay on the last day (it's when your assets are as high as possible -> free money).

So I'm still a longshot away.

I haven't focused on those other 2 yet, but atm they seem impossible, since I thought it was going to be a breeze selling lobsters on the ship, but those don't unlock in the first month... so yeah, it isn't that easy

Either you have to have a foolproof strategy if the programming isn't luckbased, or the creator hasn't playtested it on that mode.

Also, I discovered a bug (not sure though)
But when a costumer gets in front of a stand, he may freeze and stand there the whole time not buying anything (and the results will show the % from the day before on that stand)

I know it can freeze and still pay when the costs are low enough, but it's pretty tricky to optimize your stuff when this happens when you're selling on high prices.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Is matching products with areas just a guessing game? That is, is there anything in-game that would tell you that lobster is good for the beach, for example?

It says in the tutorial that certain things are better in certain areas, but leaves it up to you to figure it out, but it does mention that it's a bad idea to sell vegetables in the school area.
Alpha900i
Alpha900i
160 posts
King

Is there something like "stand experience" here? I have that feeling, that old stands are much better in selling things, that new ones...

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Is there something like "stand experience" here? I have that feeling, that old stands are much better in selling things, that new ones...

I doubt it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did. There seem to be a few hidden variables. Older assets are worth more, but as far as I can tell, sales increase according to:
- prices
- traffic (day of the week per area + advertisements)
- cart attractiveness (with cart upgrades + advertisements)
- vendor speed (with cart upgrades + vendor upgrade)

MPH_Complexity
MPH_Complexity
366 posts
Duke

For the sprint mode quests you pretty much have to take out a loan. You could start off getting your assets to 10k immediately, take a 25k loan, then once you get your assets to 20k (This typically happened for me around day 10), as long as you have saved 25k, you can pay the loan back then take out a 50k loan, free money! Most awesome bank in the world that doesn't charge interest :P.

For profits, here's what I did:
Hill: Dragonfruit, Sold for 36 (Can maybe go higher, didn't try increasing here as much)
School: Onigiri, Sold for 59 (60 seemed to not sell so much)
Market: Risotto, Sold for 75 (Can maybe go higher, but 80 was definitely too much)
Beach: Risotto, Sold for 75 (Same here)
Ship: Coffee, Sold for 25 (How risotto isn't fancy enough for those expensive ship people is beyond me -.-). Ship is not necessarily required, makes the 10k income quest and 200 items quest easier, but on my final run when I was only missing the 5k profit quest, I lucked out and got it before even unlocking the ship.

It's a lot of trial and error though to optimize on sprint mode, remember that the more expensive stands also have a higher upkeep, which cuts into your profit, It's easier to get 10k income and 200 items with the higher stands (Bemo stand is what I used), but for 5k profit I didn't use a single Bemo stand, 400 upkeep is too much and time wise I wouldn't sell much more than 20 items per stand anyways...

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

@MPH_Complexity: The optimum price depends on your cart size and traffic. I can move 20 plates at 67 gold at school zones Mon-Wed easily with maxed advertising. With a bigger cart, not so much.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Introduction

Here are some tips and information on the Game Multishop Tycoon.

Additionally, I have tested what items will sell where. Some items will not sell at all, even when given away for 0 gold, in many of the areas. I have listed the items that will not sell (or will only sell for a loss) for each area.

Terms

- Suggested Price:
Suggested Price is the selling price of a food item that the game automatically sets for the that food item. (The selling price of a food item before the player changes the price.)

- Food Items that will Not Sell:
These are the food items that will not sell, in the given area, even if set to 0 gold (free).

- Food Items that will Sell, but Only at a Loss:
These are the food items that technically will sell, in the given area, but these food items must be sold for less than the cost of stocking them. This means these food items will sell but only at a loss of gold.

- Food Items that will Sell (at Suggested Price) -
These are the food items that will sell, in the given area, at least at the suggested price, if not for more.

My Set Up (For Testing What Food Items Will Sell in the Different Areas)

Stand Set up -

Stand: Best Car
Stand Paint Top: Red
Stand Paint Bottom: Red
Stand Upgrades: All Upgrades (X-banner, Stand Decor, Price Scanner, Radio, and Television)

Upgrades from Office -

Survey & Marketing: All Upgrades Purchased (Newspaper, Radio, and Television)
Human Resources: All Upgrades Purchased (the Better Seller)
Stand Equipment: All Upgrades Purchased (Radio and Television)
Stand Management: All Upgrades Purchased (Purple, Dark Blue, and Gray Paint) (Bemo, Angguna, and Best Car Stands)
Permission Dept.: All Areas Purchased (Market Area, Beach Area, Ship Area)

Additional Set Up Information -
Loan: No Loan Taken Out
(In-Game) Quest Level: Level 9
Game Speed: Fast Setting (2x Speed)
Stock Amount of Food Items: I only stocked one of each item while testing, which is sufficient for testing if an item sells or not.

An item that does not sell for 0 gold will not sell on any day of the week. In other words, if visitors do not buy Steak at the School, they will not buy Steak at the School on a high, medium, or low traffic days. It will not matter, the visitors will simply not buy Steak at the School on any day. (I tested this).

I tested changing the colours of the stands to see if it would change what food items visitors would buy. It appears paint colour does not affect what items the visitors will buy. In other words, if the visitors at the Beach do not buy a 0 gold Steak (a free steak) from a Red stand, then the visitors also will not by Steak at the Beach from a Dark Blue, Purple, Gray, Light Blue, etc. coloured stand.

I tested selling food items at the Beach with every single type of stand. Stand type does not affect what types of food items will or will not sell at a given location. In other words, if visitors at the Beach do not buy a 0 gold Steak (a free steak) from the Best Car, then visitors at the Beach will also not by a 0 gold Steak (a free steak) from the Bemo stand (or any other stand).

This is very unlikely, but there may be a specific paint colour, food item, stock number, selling price, combination that is like a cheat code and makes all visitors buy that food item at a certain price, but I have not tested for this and, again, I am highly doubtful.

List of All Foods

Caviar, Steak, Ratatouille, Lobster, Banana, Dragon Fruit, Strawberry, Watermelon, Ice Chocolate, Ice Coffee, Ice Milk, Ice Tea, Hot Dog, Pudding, Sandwich, Spaghetti, Apple Juice, Avocado Juice, Orange Juice, Kiwano Juice, Golden Fish, Egg, Chicken, Beef, Fried Rice, Lontong, Onigiri, Risotto, Broccoli, Carrot, Mustard, Spinach

List of All Sprint Foods and Initial Normal Mode Starting Foods

Banana, Dragon Fruit, Strawberry, Watermelon, Ice Chocolate, Ice Coffee, Ice Milk, Ice Tea, Fried Rice, Lontong, Onigiri, Risotto, Broccoli, Carrot, Mustard, Spinach

Food Unlocks

- Month 1, Day 1 (Initial Starting Foods):

Banana, Dragon Fruit, Strawberry, Watermelon, Ice Chocolate, Ice Coffee, Ice Milk, Ice Tea, Fried Rice, Lontong, Onigiri, Risotto, Broccoli, Carrot, Mustard, Spinach

- Month 2, Day 1:

Sandwich, Pudding, Spaghetti, Hot Dog

- Month 2, Day 5:

Beef, Chicken, Eggs, Golden Fish (Fresh Fish)

- Month 2, Day 12:

Apple Juice, Orange Juice, Avocado Juice, Kiwano Juice

- Month 4, Day 1:

Caviar, Lobster, Ratatouille, Steak, Ratatouille

Food Categories

It can be helpful by thinking of the foods in categories instead of by individual food items, hence this section of the guide.

Often if one food item, from a specific food category, does not sell at a certain location, then other food items from the same category will not sell as well. However, this is not always the case. For example, the visitors at the Beach will not buy Steak, but they will buy Caviar. Both are food items from the Expensive Foods category, yet one will sell and the other will not.

The game does use food categories as you will unlock foods by category, however I do not see that the game has given the categories names, so the names are my own. Also, I split the initial foods you start with down into further categories.

Expensive Foods:
Caviar, Steak, Ratatouille, Lobster

Fruits:
Banana, Dragon Fruit, Strawberry, Watermelon

Ice Drinks:
Ice Chocolate, Ice Coffee, Ice Milk, Ice Tea

Cheaper Foods:
Hot Dog, Pudding, Sandwich, Spaghetti

Juices:
Apple Juice, Avocado Juice, Orange Juice, Kiwano Juice

Meat and Fish:
Golden Fish, Egg, Chicken, Beef

Rice Foods:
Fried Rice, Lontong, Onigiri, Risotto

Vegetables:
Broccoli, Carrot, Mustard, Spinach

Hill

- Food Items that will Not Sell -

Caviar, Steak, Ratatouille, Lobster

Banana, Watermelon, Strawberry, Ice Chocolate, Dragon Fruit, Ice Coffee, Ice Milk, Ice Tea, Hot Dog, Pudding, Sandwich, Spaghetti, Apple Juice, Avocado Juice, Orange Juice, Kiwano Juice, Golden Fish, Egg, Chicken, Beef, Fried Rice, Lontong, Onigiri, Risotto, Broccoli, Carrot, Mustard, Spinach

School

Steak, Lobster, Caviar, Ratatouille, Chicken, Beef, Golden Fish, Egg, Broccoli, Carrot, Mustard, Spinach

Watermelon, Strawberry, Banana, Dragon Fruit, Ice Chocolate, Pudding, Hot Dog, Ice Coffee, Ice Milk, Ice Tea, Sandwich, Spaghetti, Apple Juice, Avocado Juice, Orange Juice, Kiwano Juice, Fried Rice, Lontong, Onigiri, Risotto

Market

- Food Items that will Sell, but Only at a Loss -

Caviar: Sells at 35 gold maximum. (Loss of 15 gold.)
Steak: Sells at 25 gold maximum. (Loss of 50 gold.)
Ratatouille: Sells at 40 gold maximum. (Loss of 40 gold.)
Lobster: Sells at 45 gold maximum. (Loss of 45 gold.)

- Foods Items that will Sell (at Suggested Price) -

Dragon Fruit, Banana, Strawberry, Watermelon, Ice Chocolate, Ice Coffee, Ice Milk, Ice Tea, Hot Dog, Pudding, Sandwich, Spaghetti, Apple Juice, Avocado Juice, Orange Juice, Kiwano Juice, Golden Fish, Egg, Chicken, Beef, Fried Rice, Lontong, Onigiri, Risotto, Broccoli, Carrot, Mustard, Spinach

Beach

Ratatouille, Steak, Golden Fish, Egg, Chicken, Beef, Broccoli, Carrot, Mustard, Spinach

Caviar, Lobster, Banana, Watermelon, Strawberry, Ice Chocolate, Dragon Fruit, Ice Coffee, Ice Milk, Ice Tea, Hot Dog, Pudding, Sandwich, Spaghetti, Apple Juice, Avocado Juice, Orange Juice, Kiwano Juice, Fried Rice, Lontong, Onigiri, Risotto

Ship

- Food Items that will Sell, but Only at a Loss -

Banana: Sells at 4 gold maximum. (Loss of 1 gold.)
Dragon Fruit: Sells at 4 gold maximum. (Loss of 3 gold.)
Strawberry: Sells at 4 gold maximum. (Loss of 4 gold.)
Watermelon: Sells at 3 gold maximum. (Loss of 3 gold.)

Golden Fish, Egg, Chicken, Beef, Fried Rice, Lontong, Onigiri, Risotto, Broccoli, Carrot, Mustard, Spinach

Caviar, Steak, Ratatouille, Lobster, Ice Chocolate, Ice Coffee, Ice Milk, Ice Tea, Hot Dog, Pudding, Sandwich, Spaghetti, Apple Juice, Avocado Juice, Orange Juice, Kiwano Juice

Sprint Mode Tips

- The food items that will not sell in Normal Mode should be the same as the food items that will not sell in Sprint Mode. Also, the food items that will sell in Normal Mode should be the same as the food items that will sell in Sprint Mode. However, in Sprint Mode, the number of food items is severally limited due to the 15 day restriction and the small selection of food items made available to you when you start.

- Onigiri sells at every area, except the Ship area. It has a rather high profit margin as well. I sold my Onigiri at 70 gold in every area, except the Hill where it had to be sold at 60 gold. I have yet to test which foods are best to sell where for Sprint Mode, so there are probably better foods to sell, however I completed the Armor Games quests for Sprint Mode using Onigiri in every area and one of the Ice Drinks for the Ship area.

- Do not be afraid to take out the loans in Sprint Mode. You never have to pay them back and they do not force you to pay any interest. I cannot see any negatives in taking out the loans in Sprint Mode.

Additional Tips and Considerations

(Note: I purchased all the upgrades relatively early on in the game, so this tips may not hold true when one has lesser upgrades.)

- Sell goods that have high common sales prices.

The lower you set a goods price the more it will sell. However, I do not think the game looks at how close the good is to 0 gold, but instead looks at the difference between the common sales price and the actual price that you are selling a good at to determine how much of a good will sell in a day in a specific area.

Here is an explanation:

I noticed this effect the most in the Ship area as I was able to sell more Lobster, at 200, gold than I was able to sell Kiwano Juice at 0 gold on a High! visitor traffic day. The game may be looking at the difference between the actual selling price of a good and the common sales price of a good. The Lobster , although not free, was selling for 100 gold under it's common sales price, while the Kiwano Juice was only selling for 40 gold under it's common sales price. The game may see this larger difference as more attractive and cause that item (the Lobster) to sell more than the other item (the Kiwano Juice), even though the other item is free.

- Selling more different goods does not mean selling more goods total.

It seems the game always splits the total number of goods sold between the number of good on the stand. It does not matter if a stand sells five different goods or just one good, the total number of goods sold that day will remain relatively the same.

I tested this by selling 5 different goods on the Ship for free (0 gold). sold 44 goods total. Then I sold only one good for free (0 gold) and I sold 45 goods total.

- It probably best to only sell the good that has the highest profit margin for it's area.

If you use the data provided in this guide, you can simply sell the specif good with the best profit margin for each area.

For example, Beef has the best profit margin in the Hill area and Lobster has the best profit margin for the Ship area, therefore only sell Beef in the Hill area and only sell Lobster in the Ship area.

As mentioned in the tip above, selling more different goods does not equal sell more goods total, so do not split your available stock and profits between one good that sells at a high profit margin and another good that sells at a lower profit margin.

- Bigger is not always better. The more expensive stands are not always best.

If you notice that an area never sells more than 25 goods per day, no matter what the Visitor Traffic Level, good being sold, and selling price, then it would not make any sense to buy a stand that that can stock 60 goods, but has a higher cost to run due to the increased salary of the stand employee.

It also seems best to only sell the one good that produces the highest total profit margin per day, so you do not need the additional goods slots that are given in the more high end stands.

The more expensive stands do not seem to draw in any additional visitors over the less expensive stands. This means more expensive stands do not always equate to additional sales.

Most importantly, high end stands cost more money to run every day (due to the cost of the salary of the employee running the stand.) The Best Car cost 1,000 gold per day to run whilst the Small Stand only cost 50 gold per day to run.

To maximize profits, find out the maximum number of goods that are selling for one stand in each area, then buy and use the stand that can hold just above (or just below) that maximum amount of goods (stock) that are sold in that day. This will help maximize profit margins as the stand will cost less to run and you will not lose sales because you will have just enough stock to make the maximum amount of sales possible.

There are a few times you will want to buy the more expensive carts is to boost your assets to unlock the in-game achievement Own 100,000 Gold Company Asset Value which requires having 100,000 in company assets. Expensive carts help to increase assets, however assets do not seem to affect anything.

Also, on high traffic days selling expensive goods for cheap (example: selling Lobster in the Ship area for 200 gold) can sometimes mean selling upward to 50 or more goods (depending on the area you are in). Selling goods this way can be more profitable than selling goods at their maximum price, however on low and medium traffic days, do not expect to sell as many goods. I was able to sell 50 Lobster for 200 gold, in the Ship area on a High! visitor traffic day. This made me more money than selling the Lobster at it's maximum price (as I sell less that way). So this is an instance that having the more expensive stand was better. However, I sold almost 20 less Lobster, at 200 gold, in the Ship area on a Low and Med visitor traffic days.

- Do not be afraid to change the cost of your goods.

Goods that cost more to stock can usually be sold for much more than the common sales price. However, goods that cost less to stock usually be sold for slightly more than the suggested.

For example, in the Hill area Beef can be sold for a maximum of 195 gold. This is 105 gold more than the common sales price. However, in the Hill area Banana can be sold for only 40 gold maximum. This is only 20 gold more than the common sales price.

- Do not overstock your goods.

If you notice that you can only sell 20 of a certain good in a certain area (and this may be the best selling good for that area), do not bother to stock much more than this amount. The closer your stock amount to the maximum amount sold the better. However, some player may prefer to stock slightly under the average amount of goods sold per day so that there is not a loss from unsold goods, while some players may wish to stock slightly above the average amount of goods sold per day as certain days will sell more goods than others even if the Visitor Traffic Levels are the same for both of those days.

Armor Games Quest Tips

- Marketing Champion (Sell 120 goods a day in Normal Mode.) and
- The King of Marketing (Sell 200 goods a day in Sprint Mode.)

Once you have enough resources, set the food prices at every stand to zero. This should ensure you sell enough goods. It definitely helps to have full upgrades for everything.

Also, this quest is a bit more difficult in Sprint Mode. You will need at least two fully stocked Pedicab stands in every area to be able to sell 200 goods in one day.

(20 stock total x 2 stands per area x 5 areas = 200 goods)

- Incredible Money Digger (Get an income of 20,000 gold a day in Normal Mode.) and
- Hardcore Businessman (Get income 10,000 gold a day in Sprint Mode.)

Notice that these two quests both say income and not profit. This makes both the quests a bit easier than they seem.

Profit is the money you make after buying all the stock and paying your employees. Income is the the total money you make in a day. The income you make a day will show up in green in the leftmost column above the words "You got profit!".

In Game Mistakes

- Broccoli is spelt incorrectly as Brocolli.

- Ratatouille is spelt incorrectly as Ratatoulie.

- The games spells Dragon Fruit in one word as Dragonfruit. Dragon Fruit should most likely be two words.

- The Golden Fish is named Fresh Fish when see the graphic that displays for unlocking that food category.

- Reton8

Thomcore
Thomcore
303 posts
Grand Duke

Woah thanks man for advices. I will try your strategy in Sprint mode and then write my feedback.

Showing 1-15 of 36