ForumsForum Games[4M0] Further down the Rabbit Hole

50 16174
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The rabbit hole gets deeper. Are you prepared?

Some of you may remember the Forumnauts and the Quest for the Holy Grail. No, the grail was not found. This is thread follows in that style of that thread.

You can follow the story here: "The Forumnauts and the ???"

Along with the story will be puzzles to be solved. As the Puzzlesmaster, I am the only user with the correct solutions to the puzzles. Also, I will not be giving any hints or clues directly. In the event that a puzzle is unsolved for too long, clues will be provided in the subsequent story updates with the aid of an NPC. He will aid in plot and clue-giving if necessary. The Knights may also be participating, but they do not have clue-giving.

There are no secret words this round. Well, there are secret words, but not secret words to be posted to the secret thread. Credit will go to the first person who solves each puzzle. There may be multiple puzzles and secrets in each puzzle released.

Puzzles released will be infrequent. Please wait patiently between puzzles.

In summary:
Story, puzzles, and clues come from the story thread. Please do not post there.
Puzzle discussion can go on in this thread.

The first puzzle is up. Get solving!

()_() Gantic has taken over this thread.
(-ò_ó) Long live the Rabbit King!
o(")_(") Great is the White One!

• 50 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I'm going to post all bunny sightings so we have one place to go for them.

Something strange was happening all of Armor Games.

()_() Gantic has taken over this sector.

Was this the tide? Was this Bunny World Domination?!

Sighted in the Forumnauts AMW thread
------------------------------------------------

Sighted in Count to 100

Sighted, here.

Another thing, all of these bunnies are in threads Gantic made himself, so I'd recommend checking those threads. There is always a chance he could edit the OP.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Hey look, I messed up again.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The emoticons are weird like that, but at least they break if you edit the post.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

No, it's actually the FAA identifier for Lake Ann Airway Estates Airport.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

A new puzzle part is up.

Edit: Need to fix a typo. Hard refresh after it is uploaded.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

It's the games section of a newspaper, but with colored squares in each game. Also, the sudoku is missing 2 squares.

Edit: Gantic needs to change something about the puzzle, so a part of my post may not matter.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Typo has been fixed. Please let me know if there might be any more spelling mistakes that might change things. If you post here I'll check back later.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

About the Sudoku: The letters used are R, E, A, M, K, L, B, T, and C. When an extra A and K are added, the letters can be used to form BLACKMARKET.

Also, there are 8 orange squares and 2 missing squares.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Threw in a minor update to the story.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

That looks like you have a mistake somewhere.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

That's not correct. You're missing the two squares. Without the corners, there's 12 different possible solutions.

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

@MattEmAngel I got I_R_DTTEEHNIHTEOT on the crossword, although I didn't solve it completely.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Hmm... Well, you guys will figure out if there are any mistakes after you solve all three and the answers don't make any sense.

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

1 across is puzzling and (I think) 4 down is zeolites. Also 50 down is ingot. That just leaves 2 blank yellow spots.

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

When I was working on the crossword I got "adnexa" for 29 instead of "addons". I didn't think much of it until now but that allows for 42 to be "hehe" and 50 across to be "IRAs", both of which work with Chordata.

What do you see wrong with 24 and 35?

As for the word scramble, out of desperation I put "ceeky" into an anagram solver (dictionary of 290 000 words) and it came up with nothing. Same with a couple other websites. Eventually I found one that allowed for proper nouns and it came up with one word, "Yecke" the last name of a politician in the US. I assume this means that at least some of the words are not "real" words, which means they are usernames or slang used only on AG.

Showing 16-30 of 50