ForumsForum Games[4M0] Further down the Rabbit Hole

50 16173
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The rabbit hole gets deeper. Are you prepared?

Some of you may remember the Forumnauts and the Quest for the Holy Grail. No, the grail was not found. This is thread follows in that style of that thread.

You can follow the story here: "The Forumnauts and the ???"

Along with the story will be puzzles to be solved. As the Puzzlesmaster, I am the only user with the correct solutions to the puzzles. Also, I will not be giving any hints or clues directly. In the event that a puzzle is unsolved for too long, clues will be provided in the subsequent story updates with the aid of an NPC. He will aid in plot and clue-giving if necessary. The Knights may also be participating, but they do not have clue-giving.

There are no secret words this round. Well, there are secret words, but not secret words to be posted to the secret thread. Credit will go to the first person who solves each puzzle. There may be multiple puzzles and secrets in each puzzle released.

Puzzles released will be infrequent. Please wait patiently between puzzles.

In summary:
Story, puzzles, and clues come from the story thread. Please do not post there.
Puzzle discussion can go on in this thread.

The first puzzle is up. Get solving!

()_() Gantic has taken over this thread.
(-ò_ó) Long live the Rabbit King!
o(")_(") Great is the White One!

• 50 Replies
Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

A Google search of "egis" and "protection" brought me to this website, which is involved with electromagnetic field protection equipment. That's about all I could find on it but I think it's more than a coincidence.

I think the "I" and "o" in "iron" are undoubtedly correct and while 9 down could be wrong, I think the "n" is a very likely answer with the "g" in "kongregate". That just leaves the "r" which doesn't matter as (I assume) the question marks in 15 down mean that it is gibberish.

If everything I've said is correct that leaves us with the final yellow squares (in order) as IOR_ _TTEEHNUHTEOT.

The first blank is L_Y. The word crossing through it is another "gibberish" answer but that shouldn't be a problem as there are only a few words it can be. The next blank (EL_RI_ _ _) also has a gibberish word going through the yellow square so the only way to find it is to get the words going through the last 3 letters. If we can get those it will also confirm the first "O" in the solved puzzle word. I can't see how any of the other 14 letters could be wrong.

silver199
silver199
1,036 posts
Nomad

Am i the only one who noticed:

GANTIC DECLARES HIMSELF EMPEROR OF ARMOR GAMES
Imprisons Other Mods on Iron Moon

ties to Beware the tide of Iron Moon

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

The updated crossword puzzle as we have it solved. Blue dots on are "???" squares and red circles indicate ones we still need to answer.

http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o696/Clancy12AG/Ganticpuzzle2_zpsf5af5cd5.png

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Are you guys stuck?

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I can't do crosswords for the life of me, so I choose not to interfere and confuse people. But yeah, I think we're stuck. Of course, I've spent a maximum of five minutes on this, so you should probably wait for someone else to supply a more affirmative answer.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I'm not going to drop hints in the story thread because I've done what I can.

The SUDOKU is wrong because you guys didn't use the clue that was picked up right at the beginning.

The CROSSWORD is the crossword.... I'll give you the yellow squares.
19-A. L_Y - There's only 5 vowels.
20-A. EL_RI_ _ _ - Look at the story thread. *hint hint* *nudge nudge* *cough*StormWalker*cough*

The WORD SCRAMBLE doesn't need the SUDOKU and the CROSSWORD solved, but it helps. Sort of? There's kind of a theme here.

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

The letters must form a phrase right? Also 3-D is ZPM

The SUDOKU is wrong because you guys didn't use the clue that was picked up right at the beginning.

This is about Patrick's idea that the letters can form "Blackmarket" when you add a second A and K. Not sure where to go with that.

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

Yeah and 10D is Bart. We have the whole thing solved except for 19A.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

19-A is actually LEY, since you guys seem to be stuck on it.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

@MattEmAngel: Do you still have the your progress pics? I'd like to keep a copy for the story thread.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Okay, then. That's alright.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The story part is updated.

I have also awarded merits to blk2860, Clancy12, and MattEmAngel for their participation so far in solving these puzzles. While multiple people solved the ciphered message, I only awarded it to the first solver, but your contribution will not be forgotten and will count toward end of the story rewards.

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

"The rabbits are aplenty" clearly has something to do with this. The word "hare" (synonym for rabbit) can formed from the letters but that means "iron" cannot, so this may or may not be of any use.

Remember the Sudoku and anagrams still need to be solved. I might try my hand at the Sudoku later.

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

Yes, but Gantic said it was wrong unfortunately. We need to somehow use Patrick's "Blackmail" clue.

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

First of all, the clue was Black Market.

My mistake.

Second of all, that's incorrect, because there aren't enough spaces for black market.

He has to take away all the duplicate letters to make it useable. Plus Gantic doesn't put random bits of info on the story thread, he only puts what is important. It must relate to something.
Showing 31-45 of 50