ForumsForum Games[4M0] Further down the Rabbit Hole

50 16188
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The rabbit hole gets deeper. Are you prepared?

Some of you may remember the Forumnauts and the Quest for the Holy Grail. No, the grail was not found. This is thread follows in that style of that thread.

You can follow the story here: "The Forumnauts and the ???"

Along with the story will be puzzles to be solved. As the Puzzlesmaster, I am the only user with the correct solutions to the puzzles. Also, I will not be giving any hints or clues directly. In the event that a puzzle is unsolved for too long, clues will be provided in the subsequent story updates with the aid of an NPC. He will aid in plot and clue-giving if necessary. The Knights may also be participating, but they do not have clue-giving.

There are no secret words this round. Well, there are secret words, but not secret words to be posted to the secret thread. Credit will go to the first person who solves each puzzle. There may be multiple puzzles and secrets in each puzzle released.

Puzzles released will be infrequent. Please wait patiently between puzzles.

In summary:
Story, puzzles, and clues come from the story thread. Please do not post there.
Puzzle discussion can go on in this thread.

The first puzzle is up. Get solving!

()_() Gantic has taken over this thread.
(-ò_ó) Long live the Rabbit King!
o(")_(") Great is the White One!

• 50 Replies
Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

How about we all settle down and play nice, eh?

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Well, there's 20 letters in THE RABBITS ARE APLENTY, and blk says that 100 numbers were decoded. By that measure, only 5 numbers would be used per letter, but from what I've seen of both calculations so far, it doesn't look that way.

I think earlier it was mentioned that adding numbers in some sort of formula would solve it, but I'm not entirely sure of where that was or if I only imagined that.

So, now all we have to do is figure out how to add/subtract the numbers to get letters.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Mmmm. I'm just going to kill this, because you guys are really bad at this by doing something completely arbitrary. I think I've stated before that I hate any type of encryption that uses arithmetic. That is stupid and not worth working out.

The NUMBERS STATION isn't really worth working out either.

Well, there's 20 letters in THE RABBITS ARE APLENTY, and blk says that 100 numbers were decoded. By that measure, only 5 numbers would be used per letter

In the first transmission there are (by my count) exactly 5 numbers per letter.

B - 3 1 15 21 5
E - 0 0 1 1 2
W - 0 5 4 9 1
A - 0 4 1 24 3
R - 2 1 4 8 5
E - 18 2 1 2 2

T - 10 0 1 3 1
H - 11 1 1 7 2
E - 5 5 2 1 7

T - 3 1 7 4 4
I - 13 1 5 6 6
D - 6 0 1 1 7
E - 17 1 3 21 3

O - 18 1 2 2 2
F - 11 1 1 14 2

I - 5 12 2 6 2
R - 15 0 1 1 2
O - 7 3 1 9 10
N - 4 1 4 1 13

M - 9 1 2 7 8
O - 13 1 5 8 2
O - 12 3 3 1 1
N - 6 1 10 11 10

If you do this for the other decoded transmissions, you'll notice the numbers go from 0-18. What else goes from 0-18. The Terms and Conditions.

Use the BLACKMARKET clue. Go to the BLACKMARKET and look around the BLACKMARKET.

Once you do that, you'll realize that there's a theme to solving these things that for some reason requires knowledge of Gantic's threads. I wonder which threads have Gantic takeovers on them. Words that don't exist in the English language? BAD with PODDLECRAMES.

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

I tried to solve transmission 3 from the numbers station and came up with "EU-THEHUNLEGT----TWEH-Y". With the "-" for letters that were impossible to find with it's "coordinates", (like not enough letters in it's word". I know I used the right method because I tried it with part of "The rabbits are aplenty" and it worked.

So I tried changing a single digit by no more than 1 for some of the letters and got "EUETHEHUNLEGTO-LYTWENTY". Not much different. Maybe this thing about Bad with Poddlecrames will help?

Might take a go at the Sudoku now that we have the letters.

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

Also I noticed that the only letters used in the four ??? questions on the crossword are U,R,L,E,S, and D. These can form pronounceable non-English words (like those used in bad with poddlecrams) like "deslur" and "durles".

Showing 46-50 of 50