ForumsQuestsThe Enchanted Cave 2 Quests

92 70265
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Some new Quests for The Enchanted Cave 2.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17682/media/icon/1f271eee0175145f9f175db38a8c3bfc.png?v=1431358391&vv=1431634384
Newbie Treasure Hunter
Use the Escape Wings to escape with at least one artifact.
Hardness: Easy

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17682/media/icon/c27ff71da1e02d7685db214fbc40c7b0.png?v=1431358443&vv=1431634161
More Than Meets the Eye
Find 5 secret areas.
Hardness: Medium

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17682/media/icon/11c157765ff7773fc00c3ad99301e80f.png?v=1431358481&vv=1431634136
Alchemist
Craft 15 total potions.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17682/media/icon/979cc21dae86e22e1ce5765e2648bb10.png?v=1431358532&vv=1431634236
Seasoned Warrior
Reach character level 20.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17682/media/icon/497641e7d0d57e8ba593b3f5424f82f9.png?v=1431358506&vv=1431634354
Boss Slayer
Defeat the Yeti mini-boss.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17682/media/icon/2f5b2d149a47472821b1b72f216672d8.png?v=1431358634&vv=1431634190
Hardcore Caver
Complete the game in one run without using the escape wings.
Hardness: Hard

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17682/media/icon/4d995406e41247e1d30cd7455febdb25.png?v=1431358605&vv=1431634268
Collector
Completely fill any equipment section of the museum.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17682/media/icon/7cc8ebfd6139aff9908f34661011e000.png?v=1431358578&vv=1431634298
Cave Champion
Defeat the final boss on floor 80 to complete the game.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17682/media/icon/d0643be343b6454346c8a074e9ab2e7e.png?v=1431358556&vv=1431634323
Focus
Complete one full branch of the skill tree.

• 92 Replies
Gogotank
Gogotank
3,165 posts
Lord

I think the launch of the new quest makes the quest section of the game not appearing. Can someone check it out?

mgbt1211
mgbt1211
21 posts
King

@MrDayCee
the hardcore quest is not that hard if you choose the DEF way. just walking the way in my post before or Kukung's. the only part that depends on RNG is the first 10-20 floors,the rest is only time consuming.you just need to buy the newest potions/equips/craftings in the shopkeeper,and clear every mods for golds.

randomblah
randomblah
246 posts
King

There's a couple of important points regarding the multiple paths for hardcore caving:

1. Offense and Defense both work. However, they involve very different strategies. Offense focuses on slicing up enemies that are free(or impeding your access to loot), ignoring those that are not. Defense requires you to attack many many enemies for exp, as well as enchants to defend against various attacks. If you go after every enemy as offense, or snipe enemies as defense, you are much more likely to die. Defense also is very vulnerable to armor piercing(e.g. wind), and very dependent on getting the right resists.
2. Initially, offense works better(e.g. level 1. If you buy kitchen knife and shield, you take 20 dmg from bats, while 3 defense items racks up 30 dmg from a single bat). This is why I chose offense personally, as the beginning is very tough.
3. Against bosses(mostly the spider), the battle gets very rough. I had a run get quashed because I was only doing 20 damage to the spider. Defense requires you to burn most every potion you have; I beat the spider without crafting any potions as offense.
4. Things get about the same after you beat level 35 or so and get good gear. It's important that you farm out good gear in either build, which is quite tough, since lvl 30 only features a potion shop. Both builds allow you to kill every monster between 35-65(though offense had no problems with undead knights, or anything until plasma wizards/wisps). At that point, you should have maxed all your combat tree, so there's probably about 30 pts worth of actual difference by then. The offensive build does get quite tanky.
5. Regardless of what build you pick, run away from most of the monsters past lvl 65-70. Offense actually handles wisps okayish(takes 200 dmg, but can regen 20 mana + 30 hp ~100 hp). Trolls, light dragons, and wyverns will probably beat you down.
6. The final boss himself isn't that hard if you spam potions, but it's very easy to get worn down in the dungeon(hence why I recommend avoiding things).
7. Getting rng-wrecked in the first few floors in no laughing matter. It really is the meat of the challenge, and reliability is quite important. For all paths, I recommend restarting level 1 if you take too much damage(e.g. less than 450 hp, or too small of a map with few enemies)
8. In terms of item grabbing, go for: artifacts>potion>=equip>=stat gem>potion ingredient>>>gold. In the beginning, a potion ingredient is worth about 20 hp(high chance of white morel). Potions are just worth a lot hp-wise. Equips are needed to keep self alive. Stat gems are less important here than on a standard run, as there isn't as big a difference.

mgbt1211
mgbt1211
21 posts
King

no matter which path you choose,the only difference between offense and defense is the free ap you spend.that means 30atk vs 30def.
take the troll as example.i have almost 130atk/270def when i meet the troll.the troll have 300atk/70def/820hp. with 30 more atk i'll take 300dmg,but 30 more def i'll take none. the only mod in the whole game i need to avoid is wisp.the trolls/light dragons/wyverns will hit me 0 if i equip the right set.
that means,as a result of the def build,almost all mods are my potions with just a few mp regen like 4-5,but not 20mana+30-100hp to keep a offense character alive. i dont need that much luck to get enough crafting from drops but just need to buy from shopkeepers.RNG cant hurt me a lot.
even the mini bosses,is a cake when dealing them with the def build.they all hit me 0 when i meet them.except the last boss-the one like a bigger wisp,i need to use a lot potions.but as i said before,i dont need to use much potions in the earlier floors,so i just have like 30+hp potions and 20+mp potions for it, much more than enough.also its easier to rise atk than def when using crafting potions.
the conclusion is,offense way means a faster run with some risk to have another run,and defence way means a slower run with no risk.just pick the way as your favourite.

its right that in the first 10-20 floors,atk is much valuable than defense.but after you meet the 20th floor shopkeeper,defense just shows its bright.you should really try a defense run @randomblah.

helpo1
helpo1
3,778 posts
King

About the new quest (Floor Sweeper): it's shown as completed on the game page and in the quest list, but isn't shown in my profile. Any way to deal with this right now? (Yes, I've tried re-earning it.) @Ferret

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@helpo1 Could be a caching issue? Maybe give it a bit of time.

helpo1
helpo1
3,778 posts
King

Checked it now and it's all correct. @Ferret

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@helpo1 When you had the issue, did the Quest trigger for you and then just not show up on the game page?

helpo1
helpo1
3,778 posts
King

Nope. It was shown as completed from the beginning, on both (Quests/game) pages. But it didn't show on My Profile. When I checked now, it... just was there. No pop-ups, nothing. @Ferret

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

@Ferret I checked this as well and even though there was no unlocking triggered upon loading the game, it did show as completed on all 3 places: underneath the game, on my profile and on the Quests overview page! The unlocking itself never triggered, that's all...

TheNameIsJaek
TheNameIsJaek
1 posts
Nomad

I've completed several of those quests already, yet it hasn't shown them beneath my account. Are they broken and getting fixed at the moment?

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@TheNameIsJaek They should be working, maybe they just a bit of time to trigger? Or you could try an alternate browser, maybe yours is blocking them for some reason. :/

Alpha900i
Alpha900i
160 posts
King

When exactly Hardcore Caver should be triggered? Just defeated boss and have nothing. Have save in empty room, have screenshot ... is it usual delay or bug?

InfiLee
InfiLee
2 posts
Jester

Help u to finish the "Collector":

Floor 0-9:
#Weapons
Fire Dagger
#Shields
#Helmets
Hide Helmet
#Body Armor
#Leg Armor
#Boots
Hard Leather Boots
#Hand Armor
#Accessories
Spark Ring
Wooden Quartz Ring

----------------------------------------

Floor 10-19:
#Weapons
Katana
#Shields
Goblin Shield
#Helmets
Fine Steel Helmet(Goblin Chief)
Fungus Helm
#Body Armor
Shiny Bronze Armor
#Leg Armor
Mage Skirt
#Boots
Quality Work Boots
#Hand Armor
Shiny Steel Gauntlets
Fingerless Gloves
#Accessories
Wooden Quartz Ring
Pearl Ring

Floor 20-29:
#Weapons
Vetri
Kris Blade
#Shields
Obsidian Shield
#Helmets
Fine Steel Helmet(Goblin Chief)
Fungus Helm
#Body Armor
Fine Chainmail
#Leg Armor
Chainmail Chausses
#Boots
Quality Work Boots
Stone Boots
Emerald Boots
#Hand Armor
Fingerless Gloves
Mage Gloves
#Accessories
Pearl Ring
Titan Ring
Training Ring

Floor 30-39:
#Weapons
Greatsword
Voltage
#Shields
Glass Shield
#Helmets
Vine Helm
Titan Helmet
#Body Armor
Fine Chainmail
Magician Vest
#Leg Armor
Thief Leggings
#Boots
Stone Boots
Emerald Boots
Web Boots
#Hand Armor
Mage Gloves
#Accessories
Training Ring
Burst Ring

Floor 40-59:
#Weapons
Voltage
Eagle's Talon(Mimic)
Striker
Wind Longsword
#Shields
Yeti Shield(Yeti-Boss)
#Helmets
Titan Helmet
Yeti Helmet
#Body Armor
Magician Vest
Icy Breastplate(Frost Giant)
#Leg Armor
Thief Leggings
Magic Trousers
#Boots
Wizard Boots
#Hand Armor
Jewelled Gauntlets
Wolf Gloves(Undead Wolf)
#Accessories
Burst Ring
Shadow Ring(buy on 70th floor)

Floor 60-69:
#Weapons
Wind Longsword
Witch Dagger
Flame Dao
Unholy Dao
#Shields
Pearl Shield
Shield of the Emperor
#Helmets
Wizard Hood
Lucky Wooden Helmet
#Body Armor
Toucalle Family Armor
#Leg Armor
Pixie Pants
#Boots
Gold Boots
Light Mage Boots
#Hand Armor
Wizard Gauntlets
Topaz Gauntlets
#Accessories
Tornado Ring(buy on 70th floor)
Blood Ring(buy on 70th floor)

Floor 70-80:
#Weapons
Witch Dagger
Flame Dao
Unholy Dao
Kristina
Soul Reaper
Hero's Sword
#Shields
Shield of the Emperor
Lunar Shield
#Helmets
Lucky Wooden Helmet
Berzerker Helmet
#Body Armor
Toucalle Family Armor
Thief Tunic
#Leg Armor
Crystal Chausses
Void Chausses
#Boots
Light Mage Boots
Unicorn Boots
#Hand Armor
Assassin Gloves
#Accessories
Blood Ring(buy on 70th floor)
Regeneration Ring

camy999
camy999
137 posts
Treasurer

Gah, I got Hardcore Caver but didn't quite get Collector. Just missing two gloves. Well that's the one I'm closest on anyways. Time to praise RNGesus!
Or thank @InfiLee!

Showing 31-45 of 92