ForumsSupport Forum[Fixed] Session expires too soon

117 22069
FeyFre
FeyFre
6 posts
Peasant

Hello
Have today very strange session problems:
0. Usually I loggined once(long time ago, few month maybe), and play games using this session. No re-login everyday/week/month etc, that was good.
Today I opened AG(at work) - unlogged. Loggined, played sometime. Closed tab. Reopened AG in few hour - again unlogged. The same was at home in the evening(now). Different ISPs, no I assume that is not IP-routing. At home I have semi-static IP(ISP assigns me public IP, no NAT, I have the same IP whole year).
Add to this broken wand functionality(password saving) since DDoS attack last year(posted it somewhere here, admin promised to fix it, but nothing changed).
Add to this requirement of often browser restart in some games(MMOs. so slow and laggy, so it is absolutely necessary to quick reqload few times per hour, including fight scenes, where away-from-keyboard/offline mode equals to fails), this is big deal for me.

And yes, confirmed. Other players(in MMO I play) also have same issue(different countries).

Please fix it ASAP.

• 117 Replies
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

There are two seperate issues ongoing here being discussed.

- Sessions are still timing out for some players, we continue to look into these issues and are monitoring this thread as we try to release fixes for the issue. Sorry about this, it's a tricky one to solve!

- Ad Blockers have gone rogue, and put Armor Games on a "list" that now makes some of our site functions appear non-functional. If you have an ad blocker doing that, we suggest you disable it. Actually, I'd suggest you remove it - as clearly that ad blocker is not ethical. That last bit is purely the opinion of Ferret, and not Armor Games.

We are still looking into the second issue as well, and hope to have a solution on our side - since ad blockers are mostly unreachable.

BlankFlankBrony
BlankFlankBrony
1 posts
Scribe

If it makes a difference, I log on using username and PW (instead of using Facebook) and I'm still having session timeout issues. Haven't tried actually timing them, but I do have to keep logging in every couple of hours.

(And I've long had Ad Blockers deactivated for Armor Games)

pft
pft
576 posts
Grand Duke

I Put the settings on to remember my AG log in and it kept my profile seemingly logged in but for some wield reason the like of posting here it made me sign in even though my profile was signed in.When I signed in for here it worked but it still signs out after time but not for games. Well not as quickly but for now got auto fill to deal with issue temporarily.

Gringomaniac
Gringomaniac
10 posts
Blacksmith

Ad Blockers have gone rogue, and put Armor Games on a "list" that now makes some of our site functions appear non-functional. If you have an ad blocker doing that, we suggest you disable it

Thanks, at least that's something to work with. Better doing that instead of commenting your private opinion.

101moses101
101moses101
15 posts
Shepherd

Just to add my explanation to Fish's claim, I also had to install ad-blocker as the ads made playing games impossible. It wasn't something I did on a whim just to short change AG. I also financially support the game that I play regularly on AG. As stated I have no problem disabling Adblocker as long as I can actually still play the games.

Thanks for the update Ferret & sorry for jumping to conclusions as I was frustrated but that was no excuse.

pft
pft
576 posts
Grand Duke

Well after at 2 hrs not sure if sooner was at least over 1 hr. It logged out my account fully. Didn't shove me out game though.

Cyberjar88
Cyberjar88
6 posts
Herald

I am currently unable to even look at my account. As for disabling my ad-blocker, the last time I tried that, I noticed an extremely significant amount of lag while trying to play here on Armor Games.

Deathblade8428
Deathblade8428
6 posts
Jester

Still suffering from being auto logout idle = death. This mark the end of my daily report will continue observation into the foreseeable future until this is fix. Also i'm not using Chrome remember me function whether that make any differences or not it need to be tested as i have never use it before.

pft
pft
576 posts
Grand Duke

I didn't use the function before normally AG would stay on, the pass fill function just saves time endlessly typing.I don't normally use that feature as most things remember and very rarely logs out them-self.

Valeria_5738
Valeria_5738
2 posts
Nomad

It`s not AB`s fault

Gringomaniac
Gringomaniac
10 posts
Blacksmith

Well, i could solve the AB problem by disabling 2 filters, but so far the auto log off problem still exists.
Can't really say how long it takes until it happens, but i don't have any clue how to solve that from client side, so i hope AG will find a way to solve that from their side.

pyroblade99
pyroblade99
2 posts
Jester

This constant log-in/log-off is getting a bit tiresome. Happens to me roughly every 20mins. Same issue on all my browsers. Chrome, Opera, Firefox, and IE.

Try disabling the advertisements!!!! I know that will work....just trust me!

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

I payed for that on the competitor's site, but the offer of AG is not worth that money to me. Just a product i don't want to buy.
Well, if I understood you correctly, up till now you've use adblocks to get the most costly part of that product for free. Is it any wonder, then, that stern measures are being taken to ensure that ads and content are a package deal?

@TiSe88 I'm referring to pretentious trivial complaints. My solution is to refresh the page until less-intrusive ads appear and close all the ones that give you that option. My computer is a 6 year old laptop on a wireless network it barely reaches, and it can handle these ads easily. If yours cannot, I suggest you get that checked out/upgraded. And please notify the admin if a specific ad is consistently causing the problem (the same goes for you @101moses101 and @Cyberjar88).
vonbaxter
vonbaxter
1 posts
Scribe

Having this exact same issue and it is annoying in games like idle where you leave for a bit then come back and are logged out. I know being looked at, but still occurring so thought I would add voice that it is still not fixed.

boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

Okay fix #2 is in. Let me know how it goes from here on out (log in first obviously!)

Showing 76-90 of 117