ForumsSupport Forum[Fixed] Session expires too soon

117 22027
FeyFre
FeyFre
6 posts
Peasant

Hello
Have today very strange session problems:
0. Usually I loggined once(long time ago, few month maybe), and play games using this session. No re-login everyday/week/month etc, that was good.
Today I opened AG(at work) - unlogged. Loggined, played sometime. Closed tab. Reopened AG in few hour - again unlogged. The same was at home in the evening(now). Different ISPs, no I assume that is not IP-routing. At home I have semi-static IP(ISP assigns me public IP, no NAT, I have the same IP whole year).
Add to this broken wand functionality(password saving) since DDoS attack last year(posted it somewhere here, admin promised to fix it, but nothing changed).
Add to this requirement of often browser restart in some games(MMOs. so slow and laggy, so it is absolutely necessary to quick reqload few times per hour, including fight scenes, where away-from-keyboard/offline mode equals to fails), this is big deal for me.

And yes, confirmed. Other players(in MMO I play) also have same issue(different countries).

Please fix it ASAP.

• 117 Replies
Alsandair
Alsandair
3 posts
Chancellor

still.
And its not only auto-loggin out. If I log in in one game, and open a new tab then with another game, I'm still not logged in there. So I have to log in for every single game, even I if did that 1 minute ago. Each refresh of a game the same. Its so annoying

liriel
liriel
4 posts
Farmer

@ boppins

well, its throwing me out aproximately after 15 to 20 minutes when reloading the page, then I have to login again. Also if I open another game in a new window or tab (in the same browser). It doesn't matter which page, Forum, Profile or a game, every time I have to login again. I tried in all browsers, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Crome on the computer.
Before that issue I was automatically logged in since I am registered here.

Zen71
Zen71
13 posts
Shepherd

whatever got 'fixed' needs to be unfixed. this is just stupid. document expired THREE times back to back inside 2 minutes. The login issue, how does one mess that up?

Anomalas
Anomalas
1 posts
Peasant

Maybe a "keep me logged in" setting in user settings, this is very frustrating.

TheMSTWNTD
TheMSTWNTD
2 posts
Shepherd

I've been losing my saves on Strike Force Heroes 3 because it signs me out every hours or so.

101moses101
101moses101
15 posts
Shepherd

@boppins, I have to login again after every page load

Gringomaniac
Gringomaniac
10 posts
Blacksmith

It happened to me too, today it didn't even show me the login on top of the webpage.
Tried to login on another tab and reload the game i wanted to play, but i still wasn't logged in for that.
Then i tried to disable Adblock Plus (on Firefox) for Armorgames, now login is working fine and it also keeps login on other tabs.

But sorry to say, as long as some of those ads on AG are so annoying (something blinking, running all over the banner or just all around the games, so that you surely will click one add while playing more frantic games, i'd rather not play on AG instead of disabling Adblocker.
I disable it once in a while and click some banners, but i don't want to play without it as long as the ads don't change to something more user friendly.

Edit: It doesn't even show chat anymore with Adblock enabled.

101moses101
101moses101
15 posts
Shepherd

Gringomaniac got it right, AG's must be trying to force people to quit using Adblock. As exact same thing happened with me.

And I agree, get rid of the annoying ads for regular ones & I'll have no problem turning off Adblocker. But trying to keep players from accessing their accounts will just drive away consumers.

pft
pft
576 posts
Grand Duke

So far its been 1 hour for me and not logged out yet. Before i think it was 20 mins.

Deathblade8428
Deathblade8428
6 posts
Jester

Still suffering from auto log out here pft

pft
pft
576 posts
Grand Duke

Yeah after 2 hours it has auto logged me out now.

pft
pft
576 posts
Grand Duke

Now it took just 30 mins to log me out. In game I can play still I only know cause i have other tab open.

bluebreezextc
bluebreezextc
1 posts
Farmer

There are issues with logging in, login expiration too soon, user info suddenly not visible in right top corner (thus faved games unseen) and game comments section also disappeared aka no messages visible at all.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

@Gringomaniac @101moses101 @AnyoneElseComplainingAboutAdblockIncompatibility, we all know the ads are annoying. They have become increasingly more numerous and invasive for years. Know why? Adblocks.
Look at it this way: AG pays developers for the games it hosts. AG pays for the bandwidth accessed by its entire userbase. AG pays its staff members to handle the programming, customer service, and all that stuff. Advertising companies pay AG based upon the type of space provided for their ads and the number of times a page displaying them is loaded. AFG members pay AG based upon the estimated ad revenue generated by one user's activity.
Now where do you fit in? You access the site's servers, increasing the bandwidth load (at AG's expense). You play the games, thus taking advantage of the products (hosted at AG's expense). In exchange for this service, you pay AG a whopping $0.00 US! I know; shocking.
The only thing that makes your presense anything but a detriment to AG is that you generate ad revenue for them; use adblocks to take that away and they're worse off than they would be without you. As a result, they have to introduce more ads to make up for the lost revenue.

tl;dr
You are the root cause of the most annoying ads on AG and have only yourselves to blame.

TiSe88
TiSe88
432 posts
King

@FishPreferred For some users the overload of ads (especially flash-based ones) requier to much pc resources, so the game itself becomes extremly laggy. So they have no other choice than to block these ads if they don't want to pay real money

Showing 46-60 of 117