ForumsWEPR[Are We Screwed Yet?] 2016 US Presidential Election

260 99678
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I figured let's create a master thread for the world event of the year. After all, who won't be watching people jockey viciously for the position of most powerful person in the world?

As of now the situation is as thus:

Republican - Trump running ahead of the pack surprisingly.
Democrat - Less clear, Clinton and Sanders are still duking it out, though Clinton has many more super-delegates to her name.

So this is a thread to post about anything related to the race. Have a favourite candidate to plump for? Feel the system is biased? Angry at the political establishment? Post it here. Hopefully we can get more discussion going when things get heated up!

Personally of all the candidates, I like Clinton the most, and failing that, Trump. Of course, like is a very subjective and relative word.

-Latest-

Republican
Trump: 329
Cruz:231
Rubio: 110
Kasich: 25
Carson: Dropped out

Democrat

Counting Super Delegates
Clinton: 1066
Sanders: 432

• 260 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

We work on the assumption that the Republican Party is a single monolithic bloc that votes one way when this is clearly not the case.

The people have spoken when they voted. We can't say it's not democracy when we lose, provided none of the alleged voting malfeasance amount to anything.

The US is an interesting case because it is one of the more prominent countries where the lines between Federal and State power is clearly demarcated.

Whilst we say these institutions provide checks and balances we need to consider in which manner. The SC is theoretically ill-equipped to make policy decisions since they don’t have the weight of statistics/policy making research groups to support them. I don’t study their judgements completely but I presume that they void laws on legal grounds (Gay marriage is void based on Constitutional statutes) compared to policy decisions (Gay marriage is good because it helps people buy homes together etc).

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

The problem I see with the US government right now is that crooked congressmen have too many opportunities to get rich and they forget why they are elected.

If we could remove their golden goose, most of the criminals would lose interest and leave competent people in charge. Until Citizen United (rich criminal organization) is eliminated, and Insider trading as well, and until we can strike down any bill that legalize their criminal activities, we won't be able to hold them accountable.

How about creating state based organizations that would monitor every senators (Republicans, Democrats, and any other parties), state representatives, etc., and sue anyone of them who would vote yes on any controversial bills drafted toward helping special interests (corporate criminals) instead of helping the American people.

We could sue them to extinction and make sure no crooked people ever serve in the government again.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Breaking news!

The moron in chief has now threatened to invade Mexico, insulted the Australian leader and is thinking about declaring war with Iran.

This is not a joke.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Creating new bodies to monitor existing ones just creates more bureaucracies and opportunities to circumvent power.

I don't see the issue of money and paying politicians well as a problem. After all, you pay to attract the best and given that the private sector generally pays more, paying a competetive wage to join the public sector as a politician makes sense.

I think the issues are more underlying, politicians just aren't held accountable and spend half their time thinking about the next election instead of focusing on their job.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

It's going to be a loooong 4 years. The conservative mafia will control the Senate, The House and the Supreme court once they appoint a corrupted puppet.

Most people think we'll take everything back in 2020 because the Trump dictatorship will be a disaster but by that time, the criminals in power will have plenty of time to sabotage the electoral process even further.

I need a break, I feel sick. I need to go vomit for the next 4 years.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I finally figured out why Trump is president, well,almost.

We need to change the title "Trump administration" to "Koch/Exxon Mobil regime."

Their goal is to remove all the barriers preventing them from polluting everywhere, dealing with

dictators from Third World countries, and get rid of the embargo stoping them from digging in Russia.

In order to achieve this they had to plant their puppets in strategic positions such as the EPA,

Secretary of state,etc.

While the media and the rest of us are distracted by Trump's idiotic clowneries, these crooks get to commit all their crimes in the background.

Having secretely studied Jabba the Orange (Trump), they figured out that his IQ was 16.
In reality it's 19.

They made this mistake because they didn't realized that Tronald Dump was just leaving the Miss Teen USA's dressing room so his IQ was slowly coming back up at the time of the study.

Are you still following?

When Foul mouthed agent orange (Trump) realized what Exxon Mobil was doing, he probably said: "What about my share of the profit?!?"

To solve this problem, the crooked oil company owners decided to convince Ivana Trump to finally agree to have an incestuous relationship with her dad.

Drumpf (Trump) was so happy that he decided to park his wife and his autistic son somewhere in his New York Tower (secret chamber in the basement, maybe).

Then the Koch/Exxon regime put a druken inbred racist to advise Trump (Bannon) and installed Perry at the head of the energy cabinet. Since he's also a moron, he won't ask too many question when they decide to mess around with nukes.

The only part I haven't figured out yet is what his two older sons, Beavis and Butthead's are supposed to do besides hunting endangered species.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

C'mon surely we can be less biased then that.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

C'mon surely we can be less biased then that.

I was being cynical. Better that than cry everyday, watching the country go to the crapper.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2017/02/fcc-abandons-zero-rating-investigation-and-moves-backward-net-neutrality

The new clown put in place by Tronald Dump to head the FCC has already screwed us, favoring greedy ISPs over customers.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Well, Trump bent over backwards for China and backpedaled on his promises not to recognise the One China policy without some form of trade concession.

Trump may be able to bring out the crowds, tap on the huge amounts of resentment in America, ride on his popularity and portray himself as a man of action, but President Xi is that man of action. He understands power and is not afraid to use it and has done it before. Trump has no experience in politics; Xi grew up in politics. Good luck to Trump and America when dealing with China's most confident and powerful leader in decades.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Trump just made up a terrorist attack in Sweden apparently, with the infamous tagline that he "saw it on the TV or something" Fox News specifically xD

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I can't wait for the secret services to find the proof that he's a traitor and throw him in jail along with his conspirator friends.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Lol, easy to bandy around the words traitor, conspiracy, betrayal.

Not doing a good job so far though.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Not doing a good job so far though.

You think? He's doing a terrible job.

Imagine you're a foreign leader and you have to meet Drumpf, how do you get ready thinking this guy is a fooled mouthed, immature, ignorant, racist, greedy and self centered 70 yo man (7 yo mental age)?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Well, he doesn't stick to the usual diplomatic niceties and rules, that's for sure.

Showing 136-150 of 260