ForumsWEPR[Are We Screwed Yet?] 2016 US Presidential Election

260 99501
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I figured let's create a master thread for the world event of the year. After all, who won't be watching people jockey viciously for the position of most powerful person in the world?

As of now the situation is as thus:

Republican - Trump running ahead of the pack surprisingly.
Democrat - Less clear, Clinton and Sanders are still duking it out, though Clinton has many more super-delegates to her name.

So this is a thread to post about anything related to the race. Have a favourite candidate to plump for? Feel the system is biased? Angry at the political establishment? Post it here. Hopefully we can get more discussion going when things get heated up!

Personally of all the candidates, I like Clinton the most, and failing that, Trump. Of course, like is a very subjective and relative word.

-Latest-

Republican
Trump: 329
Cruz:231
Rubio: 110
Kasich: 25
Carson: Dropped out

Democrat

Counting Super Delegates
Clinton: 1066
Sanders: 432

• 260 Replies
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Right now Dictator Trump and his goons are trying to stop the investigation into their activities with Russia.

I hope they find something so that all these traitors end up in jail for treason.

Better, send them all to Gitmo! !!!!

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Is Fake president Trump and his traitor friends going to jail soon?

The dots are getting connected: http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/truth-closer-on-trump-camp-pro-russia-influence-on-gop-platform-893651011874

Start making your bets.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

More proof that Trump is a traitor and a criminal.

He's so afraid that he fired 40 something people to disrupt investigations in progress, some directly related to his criminal activities.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc-news/watch/abrupt-trump-purge-of-us-attorneys-raises-questions-895469635873

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Wow, something huge just happened!

Go to msnbc.com tomorrow and check some videos from tonight's episode of Rachel Maddow.

Unless you hear about it in the news tonight or tomorrow morning, you need to go watch those videos.

This is BIG!

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

More proof that Trump and his gang of criminals are all linked to this conspiracy.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/manafort-linked-accounts-cyprus-raised-red-flag-n739156

Also check msnbc.com tomorrow for tonight's revelations about more crimes committed by the Trump mafia (on the Rachel Maddow's show)..

If none of this sickens you or make you mad at Trump, you are UNPATRIOTIC!

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

More proof that Trump and his gang of criminals are all linked to this conspiracy.

@SSTG For the love of reason, please do not run down that slippery slope! He is by all rights the current US president and has a large portion of the US population behind him; this is the reality. Handling all this as if it was a conspiracy is giving him far too much credit (and will not help your own credibility). He was not taken seriously even though he addressed real concerns of the people, and that is why we are here now. While I agree that Trump is an idiot that could not possibly have achieved all that with a clean vest, and while I do assume that Putin certainly attempted to influence the situation to his own benefits, it would be short-sighted to reduce the whole problem to only those two aspects (not much we can do about it right now, either), and it doesn't change the fact that he is here now and we have to deal with him.

Right now I'm particularly worried about his plans to support the coal industry to the detriment of the whole planet, all this for purported economic reasons. This is a problem that affects all of us, not just US citizen, and what we need to protest against. The people who want economic stability must be shown that supporting coal is a very short-sighted plan, and that sustainability can be a smart and economic path in the long term.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

If almost all of your references are MSNBC, you are GULLIBLE!

So if someone break in your home and starts stealing and breaking things, is it better to try stopping him or block your ears, close your eyes and pretend it doesn't happen?

@SSTG For the love of reason, please do not run down that slippery slope! He is by all rights the current US president and has a large portion of the US population behind him; this is the reality. Handling all this as if it was a conspiracy is giving him far too much credit (and will not help your own credibility). He was not taken seriously even though he addressed real concerns of the people, and that is why we are here now. While I agree that Trump is an idiot that could not possibly have achieved all that with a clean vest, and while I do assume that Putin certainly attempted to influence the situation to his own benefits, it would be short-sighted to reduce the whole problem to only those two aspects (not much we can do about it right now, either), and it doesn't change the fact that he is here now and we have to deal with him.

I have to disagree with you on this.
We can actually put pressure on our representatives in order to stop some dangerous policies.

Look what people did about the ACA repeal.

I think we need to get informed and try to do something about it, not just ignore the facts.

For your information @MattEmAngel, MSNBC uses real news outlets (newspapers, etc.).
Unlike Fox News who keeps omitting relevant information which is propaganda by omission.
I wonder if there are legal ways to sue them about that?

There are way too many coincidences that connects Trump and the crooked members of his entourage to Russia and now Turkey.

Trumps behavior as the president violates the oat of office so the more we protest and contact our representatives, the more likely they will do something about it.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

If you want freedom of speech, then you're going to end up shifting through the dirt and finding the truth yourself. That's the inevitable trade off. Fox News presenters are biased, but that does not mean its reporting is completely erroneous. I would say that almost all the major news outlets have hints of their own bias. After all, that's the point of opinion pieces and commentaries.

I've often thought that Americans excessively hype up freedom of information/speech, transparency, the right to know, over the other end of the spectrum - Protection of sensitive information, respect for others, preventing the flow of duplicitous and false knowledge, etc. Well now you've got a completely tense and noisy situation - Everyone wants to be heard, everyone feels that they should be heard and everyone feels they are right.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

If you want freedom of speech, then you're going to end up shifting through the dirt and finding the truth yourself. That's the inevitable trade off. Fox News presenters are biased, but that does not mean its reporting is completely erroneous. I would say that almost all the major news outlets have hints of their own bias. After all, that's the point of opinion pieces and commentaries.

I agree with you but not everyone is willing to make the effort.

The fact that Nunes which leads a bipartisan investigation into Trump activities with Russia keeps delaying, cancelling, and spreading false information to slow the process should worry everybody, not just partisans of one political party.

It's alarming when US attorneys get fired whenever they try to investigate Trump?
If it's a normal procedure to do so when a new president gets in office then why haven't the
Trump administration fired them right away?

People need to know this.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I think large sections of the Republican Party are worried about Trump as well. His legislation has been shot down and his officials have been investigated by Committees that are bipartisan. It's not something that the Republicans ignore willfully and recklessly.

If I'm not wrong, Sessions requested the resignation of Obama-appointed attorneys near the beginning of Trump's term. It seems to be a widely held precedent and not a random one-off political act. Presidents do dismiss attorneys appointed by their predecessors. It's dangerous though, if they were told to resign before replacements have been nominated. Sessions himself was dismissed by the Clinton administration.

In any case, if the reverse were true - if a Democrat President ordered the resignation of Republican nominated attorneys, Democrats won't bat an eyelid.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I think large sections of the Republican Party are worried about Trump as well. His legislation has been shot down and his officials have been investigated by Committees that are bipartisan. It's not something that the Republicans ignore willfully and recklessly.

If I'm not wrong, Sessions requested the resignation of Obama-appointed attorneys near the beginning of Trump's term. It seems to be a widely held precedent and not a random one-off political act. Presidents do dismiss attorneys appointed by their predecessors. It's dangerous though, if they were told to resign before replacements have been nominated. Sessions himself was dismissed by the Clinton administration.

Yeah the country is in trouble. The Republican party is divided in 3 factions, the moderates, the Freedom Caucus and the Trumpers. The Democrats are divided between the Bernie people and the Hillary ones. How the heck are we going to get out of this mess?

In any case, if the reverse were true - if a Democrat President ordered the resignation of Republican nominated attorneys, Democrats won't bat an eyelid.

And there lies the division.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

So if someone break in your home and starts stealing and breaking things, is it better to try stopping him or block your ears, close your eyes and pretend it doesn't happen?
What? That has absolutely no relation to his statement.

I think we need to get informed and try to do something about it, not just ignore the facts.
We also shouldn't be jumping the gun on what is currently little more than speculation. I've seen the videos you posted; loaded rhetorical questions and dramatic pauses are not an adequate substitute for meaningful content.

Unless (or, more probably, until) you can bring verifiable evidence that Trump and/or his administration is actually doing something criminal, scandalous, and/or treasonous, these assertions will only decrease your credibility.

And there lies the division.
What?
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

On a relatively unrelated topic, I just read that US House of Representatives just voted to allow ISPs to take, sell and even share your browsing history without your consent (source). Because I have no idea if it's true or not, I'd like someone to confirm it

If it's true, it's very ironic how this comes from the same party that called for the immediate and total pardoning of Snowden back when he blew the whistle xD

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I've read about it as well. Weather it's true or not, it's just one more thing to worry about.
I bet even more bad stuff will happen during this administration.

Anyway if all those investigations into Trump and his people lead nowhere it sure will make a good movie story!

But please don't make it into one of those cheesy LMN (Lifetime movie network) films.

Showing 151-165 of 260