ForumsWEPR[Are We Screwed Yet?] 2016 US Presidential Election

260 99497
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I figured let's create a master thread for the world event of the year. After all, who won't be watching people jockey viciously for the position of most powerful person in the world?

As of now the situation is as thus:

Republican - Trump running ahead of the pack surprisingly.
Democrat - Less clear, Clinton and Sanders are still duking it out, though Clinton has many more super-delegates to her name.

So this is a thread to post about anything related to the race. Have a favourite candidate to plump for? Feel the system is biased? Angry at the political establishment? Post it here. Hopefully we can get more discussion going when things get heated up!

Personally of all the candidates, I like Clinton the most, and failing that, Trump. Of course, like is a very subjective and relative word.

-Latest-

Republican
Trump: 329
Cruz:231
Rubio: 110
Kasich: 25
Carson: Dropped out

Democrat

Counting Super Delegates
Clinton: 1066
Sanders: 432

• 260 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

@SSTG This here is a forum to discuss and debate specific issues. You have been mainly, as you put it, 'reporting' what the now-elected president is doing or saying, mostly by linking to other media outlets. Not only is this technically off-topic (which is not a biggie because it did spark the occasional small discussion, including my own contributions) but also technically not really what discussion threads are here for in the first place. In fact now that I'm writing this, in light of @Doombreed 's previous post, I'm starting to think this thread has turned into SSTG's facebook feed revolving around Trump. I'm actually seriously considering locking this thread. I'll leave it open for now in case there is a particular issue you want to discuss (although in that case making a new thread about the issue would be a good idea - as long as it's not just "everything about Trump" ), but if it doesn't get any meaningful activity I might shut it down. I hope you understand my point of view, and feel free to argue

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

In the thread title it ask, are we screwed yet? I think we've established the fact that we are indeed screwed.
I think I've made my point. It seems that nobody else has anything to add about this subject so you might as well lock it.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

I am more concerned about SSTG's mental health really, like, some of the things in this thread do not look sane at all.

Repurposing ICE to go after Russians in the US? Seriously? That and the other things I could mention.

While I understand the frustration behind Trump's election (indeed, I do)< this is a whole other area, one that, patriots in the cold war era would be proud of, as pointed out to you by @HahiHa indirectly some posts ago (when he noted the language you use)

Please, just remember it's not the end of the world for a start

As to the thread, well, might as well lock it, I don't see much coming from anyone else. Whatever you prefer you are the boss xD

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Repurposing ICE to go after Russians in the US? Seriously?

It's not crazier than going after innocent Mexican kids who's parents came here illegally.
It's one thing to go after criminals but deporting people who contribute to the economy and study to get a better living is insane.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Alright, locking it for the aforementioned reasons. Anyone who wants to reopen it and can provide good reasons to do so can just contact me on my profile.

Showing 256-260 of 260