ForumsWEPR[Are We Screwed Yet?] 2016 US Presidential Election

260 99746
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I figured let's create a master thread for the world event of the year. After all, who won't be watching people jockey viciously for the position of most powerful person in the world?

As of now the situation is as thus:

Republican - Trump running ahead of the pack surprisingly.
Democrat - Less clear, Clinton and Sanders are still duking it out, though Clinton has many more super-delegates to her name.

So this is a thread to post about anything related to the race. Have a favourite candidate to plump for? Feel the system is biased? Angry at the political establishment? Post it here. Hopefully we can get more discussion going when things get heated up!

Personally of all the candidates, I like Clinton the most, and failing that, Trump. Of course, like is a very subjective and relative word.

-Latest-

Republican
Trump: 329
Cruz:231
Rubio: 110
Kasich: 25
Carson: Dropped out

Democrat

Counting Super Delegates
Clinton: 1066
Sanders: 432

• 260 Replies
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

@nichodemus
Is it bad that I can't see any of the responses in this particular thread, or is the political discussion just that heated?

EDIT: Oh, look, I fixed it. Maybe?

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Yeah, I can finally see the replies!

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Possibly a bug with the page break that was solved by posting... not the first time.

As for the election, it has turned away from anything remotely political and into a trash reality show long ago. Possibly the reason why Trump is doing so well?...

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

I think the real reason elections worldwide don't hold the importance they should anymore is because Democracy is based on Justice and the constitution. The very foundation of Democracy is justice. Without that, any idea of Democracy is to be abandoned, replaced by Oligarchy and that's exactly what most of the world has. The oligarchs, the few rich and powerful people in the world can control the masses and avoid justice even when facing serious and valid accusations for many scandals of corruption.

We have ended up voting for people who are almost like puppets. Even with the differences between their beliefs, Trump and Hilary both favor the protection and increase of the already overwhelming interventions of multinational corporations in state affairs.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

What's even worse is that some Russian moles in the FBI are pro-Trump.

If Hillary manage to win despite the attempt to rigged the election by these traitors, She needs to have the FBI seriously investigated.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

It was a major bug from the onset.

I'm just here to enjoy the show. Preferably if Clinton wins.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

It's 8 PM here.

Get ready to say "Hail Adolph Trump or hail Donald Hitler", whatever you want to call it.

Maybe I can convince my wife to finally move to Canada.

Trump was right though, the elections are rigged by his gang, traitor Comey and Russia.

I'm totally disgusted.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

We're screwed. Disgusted as well.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

We're screwed. Disgusted as well.

But you don't live in the US, I do...

How can people vote for this human excrement???
I was starting to have confidence in the American people, now I'm not so sure.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Almost 11 PM, Hitler 244, Clinton 209.

My hatred for Republicans went up tenfold!

All the corporate criminals will have free rein to abuse the American people now that all branches of the government are Republican.

Check the gas prices shoot up went they're in power.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I think Trump will definitely tone down his rhetoric and policies. All Presidents backtrack eventually.

I'm more worried that it shows the average American can overlook his racist/misogynistic rhetoric.

Should have gotten Bernie instead of Hillary.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Should have gotten Bernie instead of Hillary.

Not having followed the US politics, he did seem like the best candidate out of these three (Hilary, Trump and Clinton).

Also, will anyone finally point out how stupid the US Election System is? this 'winner takes all' type of attitude can elect candidates with fewer votes Al Gore lost in 2000 despite having secured as many as 500,000 more votes than Bush...

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Doesn't matter here though, Trump still got the popular vote.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

*Hilary, Trump and Bernie I only noticed this now. Sorry -_-

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Showing 16-30 of 260