ForumsQuestsCrusaders of the Lost Idols Quests

50 30266
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Will you be victorious in this crusade on Quests for Crusaders of the Lost Idols? Find them all!

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17824/media/icon/d04bd8a18a993ca5457f56bb30c3b2f2.png?v=1460410795
Avenge, Farmer Brown!
Beat Monster Greg In Area 10.
Hardness: Easy

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17824/media/icon/cdb0697d37dbc92740eecf7a2020ac38.png?v=1460410812
Ohh, Shiny!
Open 5 Chests.
Hardness: Easy

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17824/media/icon/9b0c516093f1eadd695ee12f7bbbdb31.png?v=1460410825
Kablooey
Level Nate Dragon To 150 And Reset The World.
Hardness: Medium

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17824/media/icon/0d85f80f01506be35f543d9120a0c88e.png?v=1460410838
Crusaders' Got Talent
Buy Your First Talent.
Hardness: Medium

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17824/media/icon/1cbd177c35695ef733c5eb4ba856ee67.png?v=1460410858
Gimme Rubies!
Complete 5 Campaign Objectives.
Hardness: Hard

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17824/media/icon/135fe6455e8a3545e8f47f80aebd3d04.png?v=1460410869
So Talented!
Unlock Tier 2 Talents.
Hardness: Insane

• 50 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

One of the better idle games out there.

kolis
kolis
25 posts
King

Gimme Rubies!
Complete 5 Campaign Objectives

what is "Campaign Objectives"?

TiSe88
TiSe88
432 posts
King

@kolis After your first world reset, you can choose from different campaigns. Each campaign has a different objective, e.g. beat area 100.

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

Ugh, I hate quests on idle games. They universally just take excessive amounts of time.

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

For those of you wondering, in order to unlock the 2nd tier of talents you have to beat area 300 once.

So for the quests in this game, the minimum number of playthroughs you need is 6. The first time you start you don't have a campaign objective to complete, so you have to reset it once to get an objective. Then 4 playthroughs to whatever level is required to finish the objective you accepted (so far I've done 3 to area 100 and 1 to 150 for 4 objectives), then one final play through to 300 to unlock the talents.

Carnas
Carnas
23 posts
Treasurer

At the end of the tutorial an in-game dialogue box comes up saying "success not true" and it won't let me close the dialogue box to finish the tutorial nor will it let me click anywhere else in the game.

Running Firefox 45.0.2
Adobe Flash 21.0
Windows 7 x64 SP1

If any more information is needed, please let me know.

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

@Carnas, I've had that error a couple times starting up, just let it go for about 30 seconds and it should disappear.

I'm running IE and seen it a couple times.

randomblah
randomblah
246 posts
King

For optimal play you should basically reset every time gold gain slows(e.g. lack of instagib). Unlike Clicker Heros, the idol income is essentially linear, even if you have a ridonculous number of idols. More idols just means that you can get slightly better results by stretching your runs. I did my lvl 300 handily on an event zone with 2500 idols, but keep in mind I had a whopping 800 xp(+100% exp) on werewolf because I haven't touched the game in months(and don't plan on doing so again). Gear really does make a difference though especially if it's on a primary dps, or if it's gold gear and can greatly improve your sanity.

And yeah, there's some issues with quests initially, but it seems to have worked fine with me.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Overall, it's tons better than CH (Or at least when CH Quests first rolled out), so I don't mind playing this one idly.

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

@randomblah - yes and no. For people just going for quests it's actually the best to run only 5 times to finish 4 campaign objectives and have about 100 or so idols, then start a last run, get to about level 100ish with your damage formation, then just log in once a day for a couple weeks for the XP gain, level up your main damage dealer, complete 20 or so levels so your gold gain gets high enough, log off, come back the next day.

Since this idle game gives you rather sizeable damage increases due to XP that's the best option for people that don't actually intend to play the game.

randomblah
randomblah
246 posts
King

@Olinser not in particular. Idk how far you've gotten, but the scaling is quite brutal in this game. All of the long term push bonuses (Thalia's thunder thingy, exp, etc) all scale poorly with time (e.g. exp gives + 100% dmg on the first time, but only +50% dmg the next(relatively speaking)). In CH, you can guarantee pushing with EDR (iirc 5 levels every 8 hours or so, since it's a compounding multiplier). Iirc, someone who tried to push from lvl 250 to lvl 300 took over a week, and hitting level 250 takes >1k idols probably.

I mean, I'm guessing my 800 xp(1000x effectively) run might have slowed around 320 or so, but that's an event zone that's easier than the average zone. 800 exp is also 6 months worth of not playing. It's possible to push about 20 - 30 levels using chests and what not, but seriously, it does get very brutal very fast. If you do 5 runs, you'll be lucky to get maybe 300-500 idols(and those would be very long runs). The numbers don't really work out in your favor - at 2500 idols, I would probably barely push out 300 in a few days.

Note on exp/Thalia: The multiplier does not compound. It goes 100/200/300/400 for exp, and 7.5/15/22.5 for thalia.

Note on hp: My very vague estimate of lvl 300 hp is about 3 N hp. This is on the halloween zone, and event zones tend to be easier than normal zones(from what I have been told)

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

@randomblah - The point is that yes, it slows down considerably. But for people like myself, that have absolutely ZERO interest in playing idle games, it is the most efficient way to finish the quests because you don't waste much time on the crappy game itself. Overall the time you spend gathering thousands of idols is considerably more than just afk exp farming after you get a few items and idols.

randomblah
randomblah
246 posts
King

@Olinser idk how far you've gotten in the game, but you start to realize that hitting lvl 300 is really quite hard.

Some handy info - each 5 levels increases hp by 9.5x. Every 25 crusader levels cost 5x more, while increasing damage by 4x. That means it takes 1.25x as long to grind out the next dmg upgrade (since for long runs dps is proportional to gold gain).

If you do 5 runs, you'll be lucky to be able to beat lvl 150 in less than a day. That leaves a grotesque (9.5)^(30)~10^30 sets of increases, which is ridiculous. That's about 50 x 25 crusader levels needed to complete the challenge. In case anyone is curious, 50^1.25 = 70,000 ; in other words, it takes 70,000 times the amount of time needed to grind out 25 levels at 150 in order to be able to beat lvl 300. Assuming you can do that in a minute, it takes 48 days for just the last 25 levels. Ouch!

Granted, there are various measures to help long runs not stall out. Granted, there's some exp and what not, which can help shave down that 70,000 multiplier to something a little more reasonable(10-20x if you're very patient, perhaps). But on the whole, the game does not favor super long runs. My experience (as old as it may be) tells me that you probably should not attempt lvl 300 without a minimum of 1000 idols(if you're super lazy) or 2000 (for a somewhat more sustainable push). Remember: there is no compounding multiplicative dps booster; all of them are additive.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to stay away from idle games, but this is one scenario where you face a ridiculous uphill climb if you want to do a 5 reset run.

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

@randomblah - your math is way off. Less than a day? After I finished my 6 runs (I had to do a 6th quest because for some reason the quest didn't trigger at 5, doing an extra one got it) I beat 150 in 2 hours and most of that was because the game only spawns enemies so fast. And that's with only about 120 idols, and not even touching any of my saved buffs or chests.

1000 idols? What a joke. You don't need anywhere near that many, especially if you plan on just finishing 300 and quitting this boring game forever, like myself.

Sure, it's going to take a few days. But that's a lot of time I DON'T have to spend staring at this stupid repetitive crap. Gathering 1000 idols would require me to spend 10+ hours staring at this dumb game, while doing it now sure may take longer in real time, but MASSIVELY decreases the time I actually have to waste on it.

So I'll come back every couple days, spend 2 minutes on it to go down some more levels, and be done with it probably in a couple weeks. But over those couple weeks I have to spend almost no time actually playing the game.

And everything you said about diminishing returns for EXP applies equally to gather idols. After about 100 or so your rate of gathering idols will NOT increase very fast, because your DPS is not going up much and the bulk of time is wasted just sitting there waiting for enemies to spawn and instantly die.

I repeat, if all you are planning to do is hit the quests and want to spend as little time wasted as possible on this game, doing 6 runs and then afk farming to 300 will waste the minimum amount of time on this game.

Bears_Bears_Bears
Bears_Bears_Bears
107 posts
Regent

Anyone else having trouble unlocking the open 5 chests quest?

I've now unlocked 8 of them and still no quest. Is the quest referring to the chests you get after beating the bosses every 5 levels? Or am I missing something?

Showing 1-15 of 50