ForumsQuestsCrusaders of the Lost Idols Quests

50 30272
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Will you be victorious in this crusade on Quests for Crusaders of the Lost Idols? Find them all!

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17824/media/icon/d04bd8a18a993ca5457f56bb30c3b2f2.png?v=1460410795
Avenge, Farmer Brown!
Beat Monster Greg In Area 10.
Hardness: Easy

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17824/media/icon/cdb0697d37dbc92740eecf7a2020ac38.png?v=1460410812
Ohh, Shiny!
Open 5 Chests.
Hardness: Easy

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17824/media/icon/9b0c516093f1eadd695ee12f7bbbdb31.png?v=1460410825
Kablooey
Level Nate Dragon To 150 And Reset The World.
Hardness: Medium

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17824/media/icon/0d85f80f01506be35f543d9120a0c88e.png?v=1460410838
Crusaders' Got Talent
Buy Your First Talent.
Hardness: Medium

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17824/media/icon/1cbd177c35695ef733c5eb4ba856ee67.png?v=1460410858
Gimme Rubies!
Complete 5 Campaign Objectives.
Hardness: Hard

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17824/media/icon/135fe6455e8a3545e8f47f80aebd3d04.png?v=1460410869
So Talented!
Unlock Tier 2 Talents.
Hardness: Insane

• 50 Replies
Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

@Bears_Bears_Bears - With the current free 600% bonus to Emo Werewolf he should be far and away the best crusader you can get.

The key is that you have to surround him with non-human crusaders to get his extra 200%.

I'm almost done, on level 285, and have been using the following formation with the triangle:

BACK--------------2nd Row---------3rd----------Front

Sal (Merman) -----Emo Werewolf----Dark Griffon---Iron Soldierette

Artaxes (Lion)----Panda------------Princess

Natalie-----------Merci

Khaine

This is an AOE tank farm, which will massively increase the amount of gold you can get with the same DPS. If you couldn't get Iron Soldierette you'll have to swap her for Thalia and swap somebody else out for Khouri to heal Thalia (Khouri does not help Iron Soldierette enough to actually get you more farm)

The key is that Merci has an ability that does 2.5% of your DPS per enemy on the screen to EVERY ENEMY on the screen. Which means if you can tank 20 enemies, you are doing 50% of your DPS to 20 enemies at once. In other words, a 1000% DPS increase. This allows you to finish normal levels that you couldn't keep up with single target DPS. Then you just need to use buffs to kill bosses.

@bakkart - also make sure you are doing your 300 run in Free Play mode. It's not stated but you actually get bonus gold in free play. Currently with the free 600% golden epic for Emo Werewolf he should crush Natalie unless you got a personal Epic for Natalie or a lot of enchants.

randomblah
randomblah
246 posts
King

Oh I bet @bakkart built the formation with emo in the back. Emo should be on the row with 3 crusaders, with primary benefits from jim, arzexes, and sasha (and surrounded by 4 non-humans)

FYI the princess in my formation is the one who gets hit by monsters first; that should help orient you.

bakkart
bakkart
636 posts
Prince

Nope, I used your formation on page 2. I think it's the experience level that's making the difference -- Emo has 0 experience, and Natalie has 36. If I have the inclination, I'll try Olinser's too, but I doubt it would make too much of a difference since my Sal, Merci, Griffin, and Soldierette have minimal experience as well.

bakkart
bakkart
636 posts
Prince

Okay, I tried Olinser's formation, and it had a higher (3x) dps than randomblah's, but still nowhere near the dps I was normally doing. If you're all getting better dps with an Emo formation, it has to be because of characters' experience levels.

bakkart
bakkart
636 posts
Prince

What about this new Gardener's world? With 12 slots, would this speed things up to get to 300?

Bears_Bears_Bears
Bears_Bears_Bears
107 posts
Regent

@bakkart -- I'm currently doing a run-through on Gardens of the Galaxy. There are 12 slots, but one is used by a a companion you must take with you who does not do any DPS and cannot switch positions. So, effectively, there are only 11.

It's still a slot higher than the normal formation, so I suppose in terms of number of characters adding to DPS/buffs it must be slightly better. Haven't quite pinned down the best formation yet, but I've been trying to roughly adapt @Olinser 's formation with emo werewolf. I know you have some reservations about emo werewolf, but at least for me it is almost 100% of my DPS.

I started a Garden's of the Galaxy quest because in the first one you only have to make it to level 100. It'll at least make one or two of my play-throughs quicker because of the easier campaign objective.

Bears_Bears_Bears
Bears_Bears_Bears
107 posts
Regent

Although, the freeplay campaign objective of Gardens of the Galaxy might have a different formation and not require you to have a useless character tag along. I didn't check that.

bakkart
bakkart
636 posts
Prince

@Olinser -- a week ago or so you said you were at Level 212, and now just two days ago you said you were at Level 285. Did you reset between those two checkins? I'm at Level 242 and things are slowing down a bit. I still agree with you that just checking in every couple of days for a few seconds is better than actually playing the game, but wanted to know if you stayed the course from Level 212 onward.

Let us know when you crack 300! I'll be very envious. Can't want for this to be over.

randomblah
randomblah
246 posts
King

If you complete all the campaign objectives, you get freeplay without any annoying debuffs or stupid conditions.

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

@bakkart - I finished yesterday, the quest popped today. Finally I can never log into this crap game again.

bakkart
bakkart
636 posts
Prince

Congratulations! Is this your top pick for a quest run you were happiest to be done with? I think it might be for me.

DanielIsBest
DanielIsBest
1 posts
Farmer

The quest is hard, but when you accomplish it, YES!!!!!!
--{=====>

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

Every one of these quests are the exact opposite of hard. Literally ANYBODY can get all of the quests by simply putting in enough time. Which is why I hate idle games with a passion.

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

@bakkart - No, this one was annoying but at least you are guaranteed to get the quest with a relatively small amount of time actually playing the game.

By far my most hated quest is still Sushi Master. It is the epitome of idiotic RNG making a quest for a ridiculously easy game almost impossible, not because the game is hard, but because the chance of you getting a sequence where it is even possible to get the quest is extremely low (not to mention the game mechanics being so unbelievably bad that 90% of your 10k runs are ended by hitting something and just stopping).

Strike Force Heroes 2 beating all levels on hard is my #2 because several levels were almost unbeatable without exploiting game mechanics and/or getting lucky (capture the flag defection was utterly stupid).

#3 was probably Mutant Stomp from Road of the Dead 2. Again, not because the game was particularly hard, but because the quest was so poorly designed that it required you to shamelessly exploit game mechanics to have a reasonable chance of beating it (although I personally beat it very quickly, that was mainly because I realized the exploits on my first run).

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

I have to agree with @Olinser on this one, while the quests are not that hard in terms of difficulty, they take an exorbitant amount of time to complete...The first 2 are easy but I know the next will take me days, even if I am not actually playing the game. Progress is minimal.

Ok, the game is a pretty fun idle game but really, that's not the meaning of an easy, normal or hard quest is it? Not saying it should be like the 'Gifted Psychopath' from Swords&Souls that thing is admittedly insan-er than every insane quest I've ever completed, but they should involve some skill, not just massive amounts of hours.

Likewise, I will celebrate the day I don't have to check this game to see my progress, money and upgrade everything just to try to take that one quest which is ages away...

Showing 31-45 of 50