ForumsNews and FeedbackStar Stat

103 38748
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

A few minutes ago, I noted a new stat in the "Forum Moderators" section of the main forum page. The stat has a star as its symbol and is below the number of quests in each mod/admin's spot. Here's a screenshot:

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee400/Patrick2011b/Windows%208/Star%20Stat_zpsh00peflv.png

I'm guessing this is a point system of some kind, but I don't see any indication of it in the profiles yet.

Edit: The "star" stat appears in the threads as well. My "star" value is 6,270, but I see several mods/admins with 5 digit values. Among the mods/admins, Gantic has the highest value with over 30K.

• 103 Replies
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

All of you have to do is earn an Insane Quest to find out. O.O

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Well, I don't think old quests can give you 18.4210 something stars, so there must be something else involved. My first thought was Merits really, unless if achieving certain ranks in the old website (like Wooden Prince for example) is considered harder and as such, nails more stars

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

This guy has only quests from the previous website's rank system and 350 stars, if anyone wants to take a crack at figuring what they give.

It's possible that website and legendary quests don't award stars but merits do. If that's true, then merits are worth 50 stars as the user you mentioned has 7 of them and no game quests. The alternative would be 18.42 something per website/legendary quest, which doesn't make sense.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

It's possible that website and legendary quests don't award stars

Website quests probably award stars. There are many users with just one post who have 10 stars due to the easy quest of posting in the website. However, it messes up my calculations

(Note, I am too lazy to get an insane quest so I headed off to GameKultist's profile and am trying to work out the stars he has to figure out how many stars the insane quests are worth. But he has 735 stars and my calculations don't add up )

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Website quests probably award stars.

Maybe it's just the legendary quests then.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Ooooh, some updates, I like it. But no way to tell what their for at the moment? I read through the previous posts and it apparently means it's for quests. Hmm...

Edit: Also, I want to say, the star icon seems a little... childish. Wish it were cooler

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

@Ferret any more details on what these stars are? Also, will there be ranks again?

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Let's build a galaxy!

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

This is actually Season 3 of "How Gantic Are You?"

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

We need arround 200,000,000,000 of stars to have a Galaxy!
I can contribute with 20,170 + 20,850 from Unleashed + 31,690 from Gantic + 11,480 from Legend we have 84,190, we only need 199,999,915,810 more... hey... we can also have a mini-galaxy if we want to, what do you say?

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Confirmed, you have solved the puzzle. You must construct a galaxy. This may also prove just how Gantic you are.

riku_ullman
riku_ullman
1,148 posts
Farmer

...WHAT (200 Billion Stars, really? Research says about 100 Billion Stars. BUT THAT'S CRAZY)!!! Wait, does a mini-galaxy count? And about that thing with the insane quest... Anyone tried earning one? 'Cuz... I'm not doing that.

riku_ullman
riku_ullman
1,148 posts
Farmer

GameKultist: Easy: 11, Medium: 15, Hard: 6, Insane: 1

riku_ullman
riku_ullman
1,148 posts
Farmer

RavePenguin: Easy: 15, Hard: 2 (could be easier?)

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Hmm, I wonder what the easiest "Insane" Quest to earn would be.

Showing 16-30 of 103