ForumsNews and FeedbackIdea: Named Ranking System.

134 45909
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Hey all. I put together an idea for ranks, let me know your thoughts.

#0 - Nomad
#1 - Peasant
#2 - Shepherd
#3 - Farmer
#4 - Blacksmith
#5 - Jester
#6 - Scribe
#7 - Bard
#8 - Herald
#9 - Constable
#10 - Treasurer
#11 - Templar
#12 - Justiciar
#13 - Chancellor
#14 - Chamberlain
#15 - Lord & Lady
#16 - Baron & Baroness
#17 - Count & Countess
#18 - Marquis & Marquise
#19 - Duke & Duchess
#20 - Archduke & Archduchess
#21 - Grand Duke & Grand Duchess
#22 - Viceroy & Vicereine
#23 - Regent
#24 - Prince & Princess
#25 - King & Queen

NOTE: If you have an idea for ranking system titles, please post it below for all to see.

• 134 Replies
Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

THE AG RANKS

ARE BACK

BOYS

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Are you trolling us?

dorukayhan
dorukayhan
1,318 posts
Bard

wait a second, gantic is even beyond king/queen!

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Not trolling. Numeric ranks are already in place, the plan was always to name them.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

wait a second, gantic is even beyond king/queen!

I'm guessing the OP just shifted all the ranks down by 1 for the proposal, since the total number of ranks is the same.

As for the proposed rank names, they make sense and are an improvement over just numbers.

boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

The # of ranks isn't set in stone, either. There can be 20 ranks, or 30 ranks. So any suggestions you have, lets see em!

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Will the rankings be placed at a more prominent place on one's profile?

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

This might confuse new users. A templar is a knight and everything from #20 onward outranks a knight.

What determins the rank? Quest number?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

There was a thread on earning stars. I presume that the stars affect your rank.

ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

In my opinion , ranks are not unique enough . I mean you will surely know that King is beyond Peasant, but in range from 6 up to 20 , you don't have clear indicators!

It more looks like some old school RPG game , where you choose a class to start with!

I would still go with clear hierarchy system, unless the ranks will be followed with proper illustration to indicate climbing in ranks!

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

@Ferret, @boppins, I just pooled in my ideas and have put what all came to my mind, here!. Anyone is free to add to them or discuss about these suggestions.

• I feel having a small reward system for users for crossing each rank would be great and motivational. Also, maybe a quest for achieving Ranks like 2,5,10,20 and 24? Or maybe a few stars for crossing such ranks maybe appreciated!
  • I also have this in mind - How about displaying the Star Count and the Rank in a more prominent manner in our profiles just like the Merits' display?
  • Maybe the star count and Rank of a user can be displayed next to their rank in the Quest Hero Board, alongside their quests?
  • As for the leader of the hero board, can we have a rank of an emperor?
  • How about Rank unlocked Armatars?
  • Allowing users to change usernames once in 3 months if they have crossed Rank #20,independently?
  • Maybe introduction of profile skins where new ones unlock with new ranks?
  • An info tab in our profiles which tells us the number of stars required more, for a us to get to the next rank!

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@ivanxxxxxxx I know you had many ideas, how about you give a crack at a ranking system? I think I was concerned about going pure military. But I'm not against the idea.

@akshobhya Good ideas, though I think giving Quests/Points for earning Quests/Points is sort of silly. I would like to see some rank based Armatars. The goal of the system is to make it possible for anybody to get "King" if they worked hard enough, so having an Emperor rank may overthrow that.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

@Ferret I'm not sure if it was discussed before, but what happens if someone goes over King? End game? Or will there be more ranks as more Quests will presumably be added.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

Looking at this list, I miss a rank like "Trader" for example, and the #1 in Hero board could have the "Legend" rank

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@nichodemus as Quests are added, the total % of Quests needed to be earned to maintain king will be higher. So you can lose ranks essentially. This can be buffered by more Quests.

As for the #1, shouldn't that just be "Gantic"?

Showing 1-15 of 134