ForumsWEPRPC or MAC

124 26396
LordBob
LordBob
517 posts
Nomad

I personally think macs are great (except for their lack of games) what do you guys like?

• 124 Replies
Zihark
Zihark
309 posts
Nomad

Kadum, state why you like pc more, otherwise it's spam... -.-

ON topic: As i said, people, get the facts:
Mac computers have a program called boot camp which let's you have windows as well, meaning you can play all the games you want xD and still have no viruses and all the technical benefits of mac.

The_B_Man
The_B_Man
75 posts
Nomad

cmon people vote pc macs are rubbish all you can do is type things!!!

Zihark
Zihark
309 posts
Nomad

on PC's you can't even do that because of so many viruses just cluttering your computer and making it work like crap. Unix based OS ftw

lasercannon
lasercannon
6 posts
Peasant

Well, as long as you have a decent firewall and virus protection, you shouldn't have to worry about having your computer infected. Heck, I've been using computers for years, and I've never gotten so much as a single virus. It's merely a matter of caution.

As for the matter of boot camp: if you can afford both a Mac and Windows, go for it. It will, however, cost a ridiculous amount of money - most systems are expensive, and Windows isn't cheap either.

One area in which PCs really shine is that of upgradeability. For example, if I want a new CPU or graphics card, what do I do? I merely buy one and plug it in.

netrino
netrino
83 posts
Jester

well the best think is to have both! for me both are good for their jobs! but for games i prefer pc

Kurgle
Kurgle
163 posts
Nomad

I gotta say PC's because I am an avid PC gamer. The lack of games just kills the MACs for me.

Gimgak
Gimgak
292 posts
Nomad

linux pw0ns all

Jtwolf22
Jtwolf22
143 posts
Nomad

PC rapes mann i have on it it better then my Old MAC

madgamer012
madgamer012
729 posts
Nomad

PC, so much more is capable with PC
It is easy to install a good anti-virus with PC
MACS stink for business/gamer, not compatable with almost everything!

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

Yeah, Also, Mac Hacking and Virus hitting encriptions aren't used anymore because so many poeple have PCs.

madgamer012
madgamer012
729 posts
Nomad

What do you mean by Mac hacking? hacking Mac computers or hacking with Mac computers?

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,120 posts
Shepherd

Macs are great. They don't get viruses, they have a wide variety of software available to them, much of which is better than or inspired the versions made for PCs, and they last for a long time. I've had my mac for... 4 years now and it still looks like new. Also, madgamer, if anybody is a serious gamer, they'd buy a console, not play off of their computer. The only thing that a PC has that is better than a Mac is... oh wait, NOTHING.

frozenskull
frozenskull
89 posts
Nomad

pc are better and you can have more games and programs and you can always put a good antivirus like kaspersky and a good firewall like lavasoft professional firewall.that way it will get less virus like the macs

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,120 posts
Shepherd

All of the software made by apple is better than what you can get for PCs, and either way, most software works for both. You don't need to play
(non-flash) games on your computer if you have a console. Macs are faster and they are a lot more user friendly than PCs. Also, the new OS for windows is just a ripoff of mac OSX Tiger. PCs may have been better years ago, when macs were still running OS 9 and there wasn't any software that worked, but today the Mac is far superior.

hojoko
hojoko
508 posts
Peasant

For me it's PC because MAC can't run any (non-flash) games. Also, Macs are WAY more expensive.

Showing 46-60 of 124