22 posts
Nomad

Civil War in the US.

Because the North is F**** and a lot more racist than the South

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

The Civil War was NOT the worst war ever.

WWII, WWI, and the Taiping Rebellion had many more casualties.

I would say the worst would probably either be WWII or the Taiping Rebellion for casualties, or WWI for conditions. Definitively, there shouldn't be one 'worst war.'

Bliztkreig
Bliztkreig
22 posts
Nomad

Taiping Rebellion is that the Chinese verse Imperilaism?

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Without any doubt the worst war in history is World War 2.

ryuh90
ryuh90
14 posts
Nomad

The Vietnam War because it was the worst war the US has ever been in considering it virtually lost, so many people died, and so many US protesters were rising up against their government.

LadyTurtleToes
LadyTurtleToes
310 posts
Nomad

Has all of recorded history not been essentailly one brutal war after another? If anyone can find a time in human history where there were no wars going on at all I would love to hear about it because my searches came up empty.

Gematria
Gematria
75 posts
Nomad

Vietnam was the most costly for lives and equipment, Many men were slaughtered severely during that war.

TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

Has all of recorded history not been essentailly one brutal war after another? If anyone can find a time in human history where there were no wars going on at all I would love to hear about it because my searches came up empty.

The Golden Age of the Roman Empire. Wasn't no wars around then.
LadyTurtleToes
LadyTurtleToes
310 posts
Nomad

The Golden Age of the Roman Empire. Wasn't no wars around then.

None at all? No where in the world? I suppose recorded history only covered a limited portion of the planet at that point anyway. Thanks for the info.
Yakooza99K
Yakooza99K
588 posts
Nomad

Vietnam was the most costly for lives and equipment, Many men were slaughtered severely during that war.

Because Vietnam > WW2 right?

I mean, who the hell cares about Europe or the Mediterranean or the Pacific right? Who cares about the tens of millions dead and the trillions of dollars spent, and all that new equipment?

One tiny country with 5 million deaths and a few billion dollars is totally worse than world war 2.
Gematria
Gematria
75 posts
Nomad

Ya but the difference was the amount of time the wars took place,

Tens of millions dying trillions of money lost in almost 10 years..

5 million deaths with a couple billion losses in money during a time period of something like 3 years..

and then to make it worse we technically lost that war..

Vietnam was worse.

LadyTurtleToes
LadyTurtleToes
310 posts
Nomad

So I looked up the Golden Age of the Roman Empire and it's wrong that there were no wars then. There were a couple Emperors that did not wage war but the Roman Territory had previously been expanded through military campaign which means war. Personally I don't believe there has been a "worst war in history". Yes there have been wars where the cost in lives and resources has been astounding but the course of history has been almost nothing but wars. Wars are only seperated because the reason for the fighting and the regions in which they are fought change. I feel that human history as a whole is the worst war in history.

Gematria
Gematria
75 posts
Nomad

Personally I don't believe there has been a "worst war in history".

Exactly none can be worse than the other they were all the same..
Yakooza99K
Yakooza99K
588 posts
Nomad

Ya but the difference was the amount of time the wars took place,

Tens of millions dying trillions of money lost in almost 10 years..

5 million deaths with a couple billion losses in money during a time period of something like 3 years..

and then to make it worse we technically lost that war..

Vietnam was worse.

Can you do research before pulling statistics out of your ass?

Vietnam lasted 16 years.
Helix55
Helix55
3 posts
Nomad

WW2 is the worst. why can you all accept that?

Death toll:WW1 :38Mil
WW2 :72Mil
Vietnam War:Close to 4 mil

Showing 286-300 of 617