29 posts
Nomad

I think it would have to be world war 2 because of all the lives that were lost

• 617 Replies
Bliztkreig
Bliztkreig
22 posts
Nomad

it seems to me that the acts that start wars like 9/11 or perl harbor are worse than the war

So true expect a few things like the Seige of Lenigard and Stalingard which were in the middle of the war
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

I'm particularly horrified by any wars or violent acts that are commited in the name of religion. There are so many of these through out history that I couldn't even attempt to name them all.

All wars are started because of power. It just so happens that for about 4000 years, religion was the best scapegoat to use. Right now, we declare war in the name of democracy. Excuses change, people don't.
LadyTurtleToes
LadyTurtleToes
310 posts
Nomad

Excuses change, people don't.

Agreed.
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

Does anyone here know hw much lives were lost in the Civil War? It was literaly brother against brother, aiming their muskets into their kin's forehead.

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Does anyone here know hw much lives were lost in the Civil War? It was literaly brother against brother, aiming their muskets into their kin's forehead.

600,000 (-ish) comparatively few in terms of wars. It wasn't even the worst civil war.
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

Look at the English civil war. Around 22% of the population of the British Isles was wiped out. Btter yet, look at the war going on in Germany at the time. 30% of the population died. The American civil war was terrible, but definitely not the worst war in history.
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

Why the hell was that censored?

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Go check the "Views" thread, I explained it there, but in short: Russian (or something) slang for penis.
Pu-la...

FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

but in short: Russian (or something) slang for penis.
Pu-la...

But the forums are in English...

If we start ceonsoring words from any language, pretty much every single string of letters will be censored.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

But the forums are in English...

If we start ceonsoring words from any language, pretty much every single string of letters will be censored.

It was used towards a mod, and I guess it was reported. Asked Carlie to take a look at it, when she gets the time, so hopefully it will be over in a couple of days.
Anyway, off the offtopic I guess, just informing. Carry on.
Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Yeah that's a bad war >.>

I didn;t realise quite how many died in the English civil war. Especially since it was a while ago and the pop was smaller. Worse than the American civil war but no where near one of THE worst.
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

I didn;t realise quite how many died in the English civil war. Especially since it was a while ago and the pop was smaller.

Even with a small population, I am shocked at how large a proportion of the population were killed with relatively primitive weaponry. Killing millions is easy peasy when armed with machine guns and shells a la WW2. With flintlock rifles swords and clubs, it is a truly barbaric figure.
bulldogs56
bulldogs56
5 posts
Nomad

I would have to say the worst war would be Vietnam.

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Killing is one thing we are good at (I've got Bill Bailey's Champions thing in my headnow). I think it is a shame that I never learnt about the Englsih Civil war in history. I have done GCSE, I'm doing A-level and not once have we properly done English history except the Tudors it's mostly either Germany under Hitler, Vietnam (which was good to learn about) or the Romans/Vikings which you do at Primary school.

FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

I think it is a shame that I never learnt about the Englsih Civil war in history. I have done GCSE, I'm doing A-level and not once have we properly done English history except the Tudors it's mostly either Germany under Hitler, Vietnam (which was good to learn about) or the Romans/Vikings which you do at Primary school.

It's because of the stupid British school system. Every year, even at A2 level, you have to have at least 1 module of British history which means you repeat things. Back in secondary school I learnt about the Tudors, but then moved school and learned about them again, the next year. It was maddening.
Showing 316-330 of 617