ForumsWEPRAbortion

1508 314969
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

What my peers here think?

I would like to try and avoid a buch of rabid Catholics and Christians falling back only on the religious reasons and what have you. However, I do not see how that can be dodged.

My view? I'm for it. If a woman wants to get one, it is her choice. Some people seem to act like if one woman gets an abortion, it means that all the rest have to. If the child in question is not yours, butt out.

Also, on a lighter note, I say that abortions should be allowed when kids are up to 18 years old. That would solve a lot of headaches, eh?

• 1,508 Replies
cheesybubbleslook
cheesybubbleslook
8 posts
Nomad

For pete's sake, it kills babies. BABIES! Come on!

Eshploded
Eshploded
469 posts
Nomad

Errm... but it hasn't even developed a personality yet. Its pretty much just a bunch of cells. Just a shell. It's just what emotion you attach to the term "babies" is what's so upsetting.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Yes, whats wrong with killing rocks?

Eshploded
Eshploded
469 posts
Nomad

Nothing. I do it all the time.

Rose_Royse
Rose_Royse
101 posts
Nomad

No abortions no! I think if a woman is stupid enough to get pregnant she should not take it out on a life, yes it is a life, not saying this because of religion but i think it is really wrong. And I think if she doesnt want it so bad put it up for adoption or live with it since you decided to not protect your self, there is other stuff than just condoms guys!

Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

I think if a woman is stupid enough to get pregnant she should not take it out on a life,

Excuse me, but I won't tolerate that sort of ignorance.

1.) Even with the combined use of condoms and contraceptive pills, pregnancies have been known to happen. Accidents happen, but does it make me "stupid" when I knock someone down in the hallway?

2.) Rape. "Oh, I'm sorry, you got raped and got pregnant cuz you're stupid. Maybe if you weren't stupid, it wouldn't have happened.

3.) Oh, what's that? Your father forced you into sex and now you're pregnant? That's what you get for being stupid.

Watch what you say before you post. You might look stupid.
Rose_Royse
Rose_Royse
101 posts
Nomad

Well I am just saying. At least put it for adoption. And I am sorry for maybe saying something I didnt really think about but your right. -_- sorry for being stupid though.

Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

Well I am just saying. At least put it for adoption.

I don't want to be a downer, but the adoption system blows. It takes years to get an adoption set up. Chances are, the kid will end up in foster care, which is hell. People just sign up for it to get money for housing the kids.
Rose_Royse
Rose_Royse
101 posts
Nomad

True.

millahnna
millahnna
111 posts
Nomad

I don't want to be a downer, but the adoption system blows. It takes years to get an adoption set up. Chances are, the kid will end up in foster care, which is hell. People just sign up for it to get money for housing the kids.

And in addition to that, I AM NOT AN INCUBATOR. I am a human being. Thanks.

Put another way, pregnancy opens up the human body to a great deal of health concerns. Carrying a baby to term to deliver it into the foster child/adoption system, even if said system were ideal, is a lovely sentiment. I applaud anyone who feels that is the right choice for them (my best friend did).

But thinking that a solution to an unwanted pregnancy is that simple shows an obvious lack of knowledge about the human body, particularly a woman's body. Just because a woman's life is not in literal and immediate danger from carrying a baby, does not mean that continuing an unwanted pregnancy won't pose significant risks.
zerato5
zerato5
343 posts
Nomad

that dosnt give the woman the right to destroy the baby. a life is a life.

Pedspog
Pedspog
151 posts
Farmer

that dosnt give the woman the right to destroy the baby. a life is a life.

Even if that baby's life would take away from the mother's life?
zerato5
zerato5
343 posts
Nomad

yes, its the mothers responsiblity to give life to the baby. the baby diddnt choose life the mother did, so why should the baby have it taken away

Venderman
Venderman
180 posts
Nomad

Zerato, what if the mother didn't chose to have the baby? I agree with you that they should give birth, but you are making it seem like every pregnancy is planned. They have the right to abort a baby if they so choose.

zerato5
zerato5
343 posts
Nomad

you mean in cases of rape?

if so then still yes. as a christain (dont give me crap) i belive everything happens for a reason so yeah have the baby

Showing 586-600 of 1508