ForumsWEPRAbortion

1508 314947
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

What my peers here think?

I would like to try and avoid a buch of rabid Catholics and Christians falling back only on the religious reasons and what have you. However, I do not see how that can be dodged.

My view? I'm for it. If a woman wants to get one, it is her choice. Some people seem to act like if one woman gets an abortion, it means that all the rest have to. If the child in question is not yours, butt out.

Also, on a lighter note, I say that abortions should be allowed when kids are up to 18 years old. That would solve a lot of headaches, eh?

• 1,508 Replies
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

Yes but masturbation can't get a girl pregnant.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Abortion should be legal as a medical operation in the vein of heart surgery or tumor removal. As something that is only legal to perform when it is needed.

rafterman
rafterman
600 posts
Nomad

Yes but masturbation can't get a girl pregnant.

Exactly, it stops her from getting pregnant which stops her from having a baby, therefor it kills a baby.

Also mutual masturbation(the fancy term for it) can.
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

Not really, as a normal man can continue to make sperm, and can always get a girl pregnant.

rafterman
rafterman
600 posts
Nomad

A normal woman can have more then 1 baby in there life, they can also continue making them.

celerylipstick
celerylipstick
51 posts
Nomad

give up thepossum, rafterman's got ya beat!

thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

How am I beat? His last comment didn't even argue my point.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Ya it did.... He is saying that masterbation has the same affects. A normal man can continue to make sperm and a normal woman can continue to get pregnant, so both have the affect of not making a baby, but we may be able to gain some scientific knolage from abortion...

balerion07
balerion07
2,837 posts
Peasant

One had the effect of destroying a life. The two cannot be compared.

Quadcentruo
Quadcentruo
4 posts
Nomad

abortion.
It should be legal.
No matter what the religions say.
There is this thing called rape, if that happens to a woman, she has someone else's child and that's probably something she wouldn't want.
If abortion was legal, and a woman does get raped, all she has to do is go to the hospital or something and have the abortion and she is good to go(maybe?).

rafterman
rafterman
600 posts
Nomad

One had the effect of destroying a life. The two cannot be compared.

One is closer to life but both are not yet life.
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Exactly, it stops her from getting pregnant which stops her from having a baby, therefor it kills a baby.

Also mutual masturbation(the fancy term for it) can.

Okay a woman's ovum (egg) and and a man's sperm cannot turn into babies on their own. When a man, or a woman, masturbates they're not killing babes. When a woman has her period she's not killing a baby.

It boils down to this:
When an ovum (egg) is fertilized it eventually turns into a baby.
A woman's ovum, without sperm, will just eventually be bleed out or what not during a period.

A sperm, if its sitting in a testicle it won't become a baby ever. The sperm can even be anywhere outside a testicle, (except for inside an ovum), it won't become a baby, ever.

So, wearing a condom during sex will PREVENT a baby from being formed.
Masturbation, even when mutual, PREVENTS a baby from being formed (it just kills some sperms) not a baby.
Something has to exist first before it can be destroyed.

Abortion means that the ovum has become fertilized. Now you have a fertilized ovum which contains ALL the genetic material of a human. So having an abortion is not killing just a sperm or just an ovum it's killing "genetic material" which is developing into a FULL GROWN person from the moment of its conception.

Some peoples views differ on when you could say a baby has actually formed (at conception or how many weeks along in the pregnancy), but I believe that when you have 100% of the genetic material of a human and this genetic material is rapidly developing into what will soon also resemble a baby, that you have a baby at conception and thus abortion is killing a child.

However, the whole point of my post was to say that masturbation is in no way shape or form abortion. The two cannot be compared. You cannot abort something that hasn't formed.
celerylipstick
celerylipstick
51 posts
Nomad

it's not a baby, it's a fetus, and until it can survive outside of the womb it is not a human. it only has the potential to become human. every single sperm also has the potential to become human. the difference is that a fetus has more potential whereas a sperm has less potential. but your just talking about different amounts of potential, so they are comparable.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

@ reton

Masterbation prevents the sperm from ever gitting to the overum, so it is the same, just at an earlier stage.

thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

It doesn't prevent anything. As I said before, a man can simply make more sperm.

Showing 1126-1140 of 1508